[Serie A] Roma vs JUVENTUS (12th Dec. 2011) (33 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
This game wasn't going to be a walk in a park, but it was ours to have. I don't care if we're not Scudetto material, we played horribly today and that's what gets me frustrated. Who knows if we're on our way to a top 3 finish, if we continue to drop points in all these draws we're not going to make it.
But what I just don't get is... What do some people think we are? Barca? The Dutch national team from 1974?

Do you expect us to play a perfect game on a night when Roma is this good? They frustrated the hell out of us.

We are a strong, physical side, with some technical ability. And that was enough to ensure a point in Rome.

Buy on AliExpress.com

frick

Apr 4, 2010
Roma's goal had similar situation with the foul for Napoli's PK against us, no? Both has no one close enough to close down the man on the corner.

We are winning Novara at home. And our last 6 games WWWDWD not that bad. Milan lost more today than us, theirs was a must win, we had Roma away.
Tonight's Roma<yesterday's Bologna for me, this draw is our loss.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Roma's goal had similar situation with the foul for Napoli's PK against us, no? Both has no one close enough to close down the man on the corner.
Identical :agree:

The difference was that Pirlo managed to catch Lavezzi and foul him to give a penalty.

It was identical. Pirlo was covering the man close to the corner kick taker and the Juve guy on the near post failed to set up an offside trap, which allowed the second man to pass back to the corner taker.

Tonight it was Pepe I think. I don't know if it was him against Napoli too. Anyway, it was the guy at the near post who cost us in those two situations, it wasn't Pirlo's fault as it might have seemed both against Napoli and tonight.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Will you guys stop all this crap about roma being class tonight? they were not great i swear to god they weren't.
they had tons of bad passes they missed lot's of chances missed so many balls BUT they looked good bcuz we were utter shit specially midfield.
AND they had Totti

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Your rep jinxed us.
No! Those greedy enough to go all in on Juve in the vbookie jinxed Juve; - although Orsato did too!

A lot of people here are failing to see how well Roma played tonight. They were class.
Yeah! That man in yellow really did well for them!

don't want to talk much about the match really.. but seriously

FUCK YOU LAMELA​

he pissed me off even more than this cunt ref.
Nah! the ref ****** me off more than him! If the ref had officiated impartially, lamela would not have been able to p*ss you off for long. He would have been red carded.

Highlights? Maaaan, all the fuckin streams sucked big tonight.
So did ESPN - I never saw our goal because it flickered and went off the air at the worst possible moment.

:lol:
Fucking hell, maybe drawing this is good, should cool and lower the expectations of a few members here.
:shifty: Perhaps, but don't count on it!

Anyone else feel like punching a hole in the wall right now?
I'd settle for Orsato's face! :boxing:

What I wanted to get off my chest: Lamela is a fucking cunt and deserved to be tackled into oblivion. Loved how the ref gave him about 5 chances after yellow worthy fouls and gives Quag a yellow for playing on after an offisde.
Feeling better! Put me in charge of the next Roma match: - I'll sort the little toad out!

Oh, and for the record, have I mentioned how much I hate LAMEla and how I would love to do an Osvaldo on him?
:lol: Get in the queue!

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Assumption and it's based on nothing.
We did score an equalizer pretty early in the 2nd half and we gave away a penalty the next minute. Our goal didn't drain their motivation and confidence. Neither did the penalty miss do that.

We responded fine to their early goal, but we had no technical ability or brains up front to complement the desire we showed after De Rossi's goal. I'm actually glad they missed starters. If they had them all it would have been harder for us to create chances while they would have been just as dangerous.
Exactly my point. I said it before the game, with Esti and Pepe we won't be creative.

Ledje

Sep 1, 2006
While playing our shittiest game of the season, we took a point in Rome. This is typical for a top 3 team: playing bad but still take point(s). Lets hope this was one of the few offdays this season. Against Novara a reaction of the squad, a great win with good play. Comon!

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Teams either unite or fold in adversity like that, we gave them a free goal and it boosted them. If we'd scored first you would have seen it drain quickly.
True and I felt the same before the game too, if we scored first we would have ran away with it.

Anyway were still undefeated and hopefully its a lesson learnt for our players.

Now let's rape our Piemontese brothers

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
1. Our set pieces were really bad. 70% Alex would have netted that one.
2. Roma's defense was really bad, they gave us so many opportunities to punish them. But hey who is going to punish them PEPE and Esti? come on?
3. De Rossi wasn't that good, a smart striker like Alex would have raped him easily.
yeah but if we had it your way and it failed, many would have argued, why didn't we play our players who are on form? why didn't we play pepe, why didn't we play esti/giaccherini or elia. There is a argument for both cases but i don't believe it would have necessarily made things better.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
A very unlucky draw....very!! The problem i think wasnt our bad play, but that one unlucky moment where Vidal missed the ball and it went in. It completely changed our plans, it took us off guard cause honestly i think that no one expected that Roma will score so early..... After the 1st goal, the whole game went crazy....a lot of running from the 2 sides, no tactics, no build-ups, just constant to and fro running. It was a bad game, but we came out undefeated. And this is a great achievement. FORZA JUVE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)