[Serie A] Roma vs JUVENTUS (12th Dec. 2011) (34 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Roma will have a resurgance and not many teams will come out of Olimpico with a win. Food for Thought, we shouldnt complain too much accept that Roma came out today fired up, but then did we in all honestly I expected this, I just hope we spent more time ignoring their lack of form or crisis and concentrated on the fact that we are playing Roma.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Bufffon 7.5 Penalty Saved, not tested much but made a difference when needed

Chiellini 8.0 Good in defense, and broke the deadlock for us.

Bonucci 5.5 Better game then our invisible midfielders

Barzagli 8.0 Read the game immensely. did alot of good stops and covered Bonucci mistakes

Licht 6.5 Solid, had a good chance to score but missed. Did support the attack well but lacking quality final ball.

Vidal 5.0 Missed Kick lead to the goal, and a gave away a penalty. Good energy in the midfield.

Marchisio 5.0 One stinger in the first half and disappeared.

Pirlo 5.0 Too many missed passes, dead ball delivery wasn't up too standard.Showed signs of fatigue towards the end of the game.

Pepe 5.0 Had a couple of chance to put Matri through but final ball was lacking as usual. Apart from effort, nothing to show.

Matri 5.0 He could only do as much as the services given.

Esti 5.0 Equally as impressive as Pepe, but he had luck as his miskick turned to assist for Chiellini. Failed to convert a one on one with the keeper.

SUBS:
Giach 5.0 Wasted a number of good chances, could have done better.
Quag 5.5 Missed a wonderful chance to score once put through by Elia
Elia 6.0 Best attacking player today, from the 8 minutes he had.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
I'm so frustrated with Pirlo at this moment. This is two games in a row now that he played like a retard.

Not only were his passes awful, but it didn't seem like he cared out there. He never ran for the ball and pussied away when he saw a Roma player challenging for the ball.
I agree that he had an awful match but he tried his best, he's just not that kind of player who throws himself to the ball occasionally.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Technically, yes, we didn't have a good game. But the reason we made so many errors were not only just down to that. It was also down to how Roma played on the night. They did very well. They fought just as well as we did (which is difficult for any side, because we fight like rabid dogs, and we even did so tonight). But more than us, they played a better game, technically. They actually deserved to win. That's why I'm happy to see that our squad can gain a point away from home in such difficult circumstances. We fought hard and fucked up their perfect night.

Those who say that "we sucked ass" are not evaluating all the relevant factors of the game.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I don't know why everyone thought this was going to be an easy game. I knew it would be tough, but I did expect to win it however.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Pirlo and Marchisio were absolutely horrid. Pirlo gave away the ball far too many times and Marchisio was Casper. Vidal made one unforgivable mistake with that attempted clearance, which was what changed the game, but also did some good things later.

It was obvious to see that Roma's players are technically a class above us. We rely on determination on hunger but it wasn't enough today.

Quagliarella could have easily put this game away with the great chance Elia provided for him. But then again Totti gave up two great chances, one of which was the penalty.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
exactly, too much bullshit praise for them.

if they hadn't scored early we would have eaten them alive, instead we came under pressure and they used that.
But they did score early and the game did change, and they did play well.

What's the problem here?

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Can not belive how many simple passes we misplaced... Esti pepe and later giach fucked up so many counter oppertunities it was just sad.... Vidal pirlo and marchisio were totally off..... And still we should have won it.... And srsly how silly we defend After a short corner....

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Vucinic was badly missed.
:agree: I'll be glad to see him when he is fit again.

It could have been a very different game had Vidal hasn`t miss the ball on Roma`s goal.
Anyway Ref was horrible handing Roma an unexistant penalty which Buffon saved brilliantly
Pirlo was bad and should have been subbed
Elia quite surprised me with his pass to Quag`s miss.
We need a finisher as we cant rely on only 1 finisher in the entire squad
Elia should get more minutes of play if that is what he produces.
Chiellini was very good IMO intercepted lots of balls +scored the equalizer
Buffon was WC today
1. I agree, it was a lucky goal for Roma (I missed it at the time and saw the HT replay). It did throw us.
2. Pirlo wasn't too bad at first, but he was really tired out towards the end. With Roma players fouling unpenalised and Juve being penalised for the Roma players' simulation, I think Pirlo was inhibited by this.
3. Whenever we got near the goal, players too often passed instead of trying to score themselves. A bit of 'passing the buck'.
4. Giorgio and Gigi were :strong: :strong:
And there I was hoping for Del Piero vs. Totti.
We don't deserve to win this anyway.
Lamela was very lucky, the ref helped Roma get a point as well.
Roma did not deserve the point that they got. Orsato was a biased ******* :andy2: : - giving them free kicks for every simulation, which they looked for, until the last few minutes, and ignoring their fouls on Juve players. That penalty was very weak. The player went down looking for it. Gigi was magnifico!

:agree: about lamela. Any and every impartial ref would have sent him for an early bath! But then again, if the ref have taken action against their fouling and simulation, would there have been any Roma players left on the park? Perhaps, if they had cleaned up their act, but the ref let them away with it, so...

I am not going to get too angry, it's still a point at the olimpico.
A point at the olympico is normally a good result whether against Roma or Lazio, but we really needed the 3 points.

referee was happy after game finished 1-1
Actually, he was p*ssed off, when Gigi made that super save.

He is saying that someone like DP/Elia should have come on for Esti, not Giach.
IMO Giach should have been on at the start and he could have run Taddei ragged. Then Esti could have flew past the old toad. Taddei was tired at the end, but so was Esti. Elia was ok, but he's too young to take on an old hand like Taddei for 90 mins and DP was tired after Bologna.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't know why everyone thought this was going to be an easy game. I knew it would be tough, but I did expect to win it however.
We could well have won it when you look at the positions we had in the first half and in spells in the second, even if it would have been undeserved.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Anyone else feel like punching a hole in the wall right now?
What for?

Achieving a point at the Olimpico on a night when we weren't at our best and when Roma played well?

Get it out of your heads that we are scudetto material.

We are undefeated and on our way to a top 3 finish.

But, sure, if you must vandalize your own home, then be my guest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)