[Serie A] Roma 1-2 JUVENTUS [January 12th, 2019] (7 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
We did not deserve to win. But a little common sense is not that much to ask from the referees. If Alex Sandro didn't handle the ball, it was going out for a corner. This way his handball kept it in and even allowed a 100% chance for Cengiz Under and it went out for a corner. So, even if one can argue if that was a deliberate handball or not, what they should be looking at is what did he prevent with the handball. The answer is a corner kick and Roma still got a corner kick like 1 second later.
While I understand your point, I think it was a pk because when you break it down so far you are involving a level of disection/judgement that will lead to an unfair distribution of pks based even more on the ref's judgement in an individual situation.

hard to blame Sandro too much though.

- - - Updated - - -

MdL it is for me... but can we have an option for Zaniolo's injury? Roma probably draws or wins this match if he is on the pitch in the second half creating chances while they had all that dominance.
@Mark, you're welcome

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I just can't understand how is possible when we have that counter when Ronaldo pass to Higuain ,he from the whole time in the world and the whole time for positioning in the world he was offside?Clearest chance for us.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I somehow feel like the team suffers from fitness issues starting from the 70th minute.
I don't understand how everyone stops from trying to find space. Too many times in possession players don't have anybody to pass to because no one is trying to help them.
Easy passes straight to the opposition. Great counters fumbled because the player who has possession doesn't have the legs to play a simple pass.
Midfield needs addressing pronto.
Matuidi is the place where balls in good attacking positions goes to die.
There were 3 instances where a pogba or Vidal or someone like them would have made something happen, but matuidi squandered them nonchalantly.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Happy with 3 points. Costa should have come in 2nd half. But Demiral’s injury prevented it. I think it’s second time Sarri wastes his substitutes with 20 mins to go. An injury would leave us with 10 men.

After we went 2-0 i was hoping to see us trash Roma but we stopped playing.
Exactly - We stopped playing and we could have easily got a serious result should we wanted to as the whole Roma setup was wide open to counters..
Also I was quite annoyed to see Dybala coming off and not Cuadrado who IMO played an awful game
P.S Danilo is the worst RB we had for a long time..

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Confirmed: Zaniolo has torn ACL

Football Italia

Roma and Italy talent Nicolò Zaniolo will have surgery on Monday for a torn anterior cruciate ligament, ruling him out for the rest of the season.
The statement from the club confirmed not only is there a torn right ACL, but also damage to the meniscus in the same knee.
He had run past several Juventus players during this evening’s 2-1 defeat at the Stadio Olimpico when he went down on the edge of the area.
There seemed to be relatively little contact, but his leg appeared to buckle and he was stretchered off in tears.
The 20-year-old was taken directly by ambulance to the Villa Stuart sports injury clinic in Rome for tests, which confirmed a torn ACL.
He will go under the knife on Monday, with surgery expected to rule him out for six months.
His mother drove him home and he will return to Villa Stuart tomorrow morning.
Zaniolo is a key player for Roma, contributing six goals and two assists in 23 competitive games this season.
He is also one of the candidates to start for Italy at Euro 2020 this summer. Following the injury suffered during tonight’s game, Nicolo Zaniolo underwent medical assessments that confirmed the rupture of the ACL in his right knee, along with some damage to the meniscus.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
ACL fears for Zaniolo

Football Italia
Roma star Nicolò Zaniolo has been taken by ambulance for tests at the Villa Stuart clinic after a potentially serious injury and initial reports suggest a torn ACL.
He had run past several Juventus players during this evening’s Serie A match at the Stadio Olimpico when he went down on the edge of the area.
There seemed to be relatively little contact, but his right knee appeared to buckle and he was stretchered off in tears.
The 20-year-old was taken directly by ambulance to the Villa Stuart sports injury clinic in Rome, which would suggest the medics fear a torn anterior cruciate ligament.
His Mother rushed to be by his side at the clinic and there are initial reports suggesting he could have surgery tomorrow morning.
However, he was then spotted leaving Villa Stuart in his mother's car and walked to the vehicle without crutches.
Zaniolo is a key player for Roma, contributing six goals and two assists in 23 competitive games this season.
He is also one of the candidates to start for Italy at Euro 2020 this summer.
confirmed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)