[Serie A] Roma 1-2 JUVENTUS [January 12th, 2019] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Really happy with the win and going back on top. Still not a convincing performance though. Has Roma not been so wasteful, the result would have been completely different.

Positives:
-Rabiot has to be the MOTM.
-Dybala was smoother than silk.
-MDL was solid than a rock. Didn’t put a single foot wrong.
-Ramsey looked very good. Has all the right ideas and gets into promising positions.

Negatives:
-Cuadrado was a mess.
-Sandro’s brainfart.
-Pjanic was extremely underwhelming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
We did not deserve to win. But a little common sense is not that much to ask from the referees. If Alex Sandro didn't handle the ball, it was going out for a corner. This way his handball kept it in and even allowed a 100% chance for Cengiz Under and it went out for a corner. So, even if one can argue if that was a deliberate handball or not, what they should be looking at is what did he prevent with the handball. The answer is a corner kick and Roma still got a corner kick like 1 second later.
Doesn't matter whether the ball was going out for a corner or not. It was a penalty according to the rules.

Oct 23, 2011
I am not going to complain when we get an away win at Roma (a place we haven't won since 2014), but holy shit we really need to learn to control a close game. I see us rushing in the 90th minute, lose possession very easily, make incredibly risky plays. But hey, 3 points, for now, is the only thing that matters for me. All in all a great weekend.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Really happy with the win and going back on top. Still not a convincing performance though. Has Roma not been so wasteful, the result would have been completely different.

Positives:
-Rabiot has to be the MOTM.
-Dybala was smoother than silk.
-MDL was solid than a rock. Didn’t put a single foot wrong.
-Ramsey looked very good. Has all the right ideas and gets into promising positions.

Negatives:
-Cuadrado was a mess.
-Sandro’s brainfart.
-Pjanic was extremely underwhelming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah MdL MOTM. Rabiot would have been if he kept up his first half performance, but he was one of the worst players on the pitch in the 2nd half unfortunately.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Such an crucial win! Need too start putting points on inter and leave them behind for good. They are fighting for their lives now, but will crumble when they lose hope of the scudetto

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
There are only three teams in serie A which Allegri's Juve couldn't beat away from home: Cesena (1 match), SPAL (2 matches) and Roma (5 matches). We beat everyone else at least once.
Now, a record of 0/5 is awful, but it has to be said that we mainly faced Roma in Rome in the last 2-3 rounds, when the scudetto was even theoretically secured.
Still, Roma are by far our toughest opponent away from home. During our domination in Italy under Conte and Allegri, we played them 9 times in Rome and we won only once, drawing 3 and losing 5 times.
At home though, we beat them 9 times out of 9 (8 in serie A, once in Coppa).
Juve 4-0 Cagliari
Roma 1-2 Juve

Happy New Year 100m Pjanic anti-Sarris

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
We did not deserve to win. But a little common sense is not that much to ask from the referees. If Alex Sandro didn't handle the ball, it was going out for a corner. This way his handball kept it in and even allowed a 100% chance for Cengiz Under and it went out for a corner. So, even if one can argue if that was a deliberate handball or not, what they should be looking at is what did he prevent with the handball. The answer is a corner kick and Roma still got a corner kick like 1 second later.
Sadly the fifa rules doesn't see it like that.
As @Kyle put it was an involuntary reflex(aka brainfart) by Sandro, but the rules state that by doing so he is interfering with the play, regardless of the outcome , hence clear penalty.
Luckily it ended well and not like the Lazio game who we also controlled the first 35 minutes.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Watched the 1st 10 minutes, 2-0 juve. From there I sensed the horror show would start and it would be extremely stressful/annoying, so did not watch - and won't while this midfield is still there.

Happy for the victory though. But can't find pleasure in this team's play anymore.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I hate the term but our game management is atrocious. All we need to do is keep the ball and see out the game. Even in stoppage time we have our 'keeper twice throwing the ball quickly to start counters.

Rabiot was excellent until he tired.

The application of the handball rule is idiotic. A ball ricochet's off a players chest from point blank then on to his hand which if he did not touch would have gone behind safely for a corner. There is no way that is intentional.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Happy with 3 points. Costa should have come in 2nd half. But Demiral’s injury prevented it. I think it’s second time Sarri wastes his substitutes with 20 mins to go. An injury would leave us with 10 men.

After we went 2-0 i was hoping to see us trash Roma but we stopped playing.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
ACL fears for Zaniolo

Football Italia
Roma star Nicolò Zaniolo has been taken by ambulance for tests at the Villa Stuart clinic after a potentially serious injury and initial reports suggest a torn ACL.
He had run past several Juventus players during this evening’s Serie A match at the Stadio Olimpico when he went down on the edge of the area.
There seemed to be relatively little contact, but his right knee appeared to buckle and he was stretchered off in tears.
The 20-year-old was taken directly by ambulance to the Villa Stuart sports injury clinic in Rome, which would suggest the medics fear a torn anterior cruciate ligament.
His Mother rushed to be by his side at the clinic and there are initial reports suggesting he could have surgery tomorrow morning.
However, he was then spotted leaving Villa Stuart in his mother's car and walked to the vehicle without crutches.
Zaniolo is a key player for Roma, contributing six goals and two assists in 23 competitive games this season.
He is also one of the candidates to start for Italy at Euro 2020 this summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)