SERIE A: Reggina - Juventus (5 Viewers)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Sure Tudor will be given space cos he deserves it! But I think he would be better off 100% against Olympiakos where his strength is needed, that's why MAresca should play tomorrow.

Moggi is right when he says that Tudor is his best purchase ever. I never thought I'd say this 2 or 3 years ago, but Tudor is super, he has this inch perfect pass and has all the qualities to play in any position.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Sure Tudor will be given space cos he deserves it! But I think he would be better off 100% against Olympiakos where his strength is needed, that's why MAresca should play tomorrow.

Moggi is right when he says that Tudor is his best purchase ever. I never thought I'd say this 2 or 3 years ago, but Tudor is super, he has this inch perfect pass and has all the qualities to play in any position.
Are you including Zz, Nedved, Buffon, Montero, Ferrara and Dp in this equation cos most of the time Moggi talks out of his other mouth

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
ZALA! ZALA! ZALA! ZALA! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!

ahem. *straightens clothes, dusts himself off*

zala has saved our ass on more than one occasion. he needs a chance. he needs some faith. reserve players are players too and often they are more dedicated than first-team players.

he has a relatively decent record against them. lets see what he can do.
Hmmm let's see....

Juve 2 - 1 Barca
Juve 4 - 3 Chievo
Juve 1 - 1 Como

3 games in a season just isn't good enough, especially when one of them wasn't really an important match anyway, since we'd already wrapped up the title

even for a reserve striker... I think even Forlan's contribution to ManU's attack is better...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
@Glenn: How can you say that Tudor is Juve's/Moggi's best purchase ever? That's crap. When's the last time that Igor played 20 games in a season? The man is never fit, and is usually fielded out of position when he is fit.

@Gray: I agree 100%. People have started praising Zala ever since his goal against Barca, but the truth is that the Uruguayan is nothing more than an average player and will never be a crucial component in the Juve squad.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Lippi launches Super Subs Saturday 27 September, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcello Lippi has put the pressure on the so-called ‘Juve MkII’ to get a win at Reggina this evening.

“Juventus must prove that every player has the confidence and belief in his own abilities to make this team great,” announced the Coach.

“Everyone must prove they belong in a Bianconeri jersey. This year I have a team that is more complete than ever before, so I can change things around without losing out in terms of quality.”

The rotation of the squad comes into play this week due to the upcoming Champions’ League trip to Olympiakos, but above all is forced upon Lippi by injuries.

David Trezeguet “took a knock to the ankle” and is also in doubt for Tuesday’s European tie, while Alessandro Del Piero has been ruled out until November with a calf strain.

Lilian Thuram, Nicola Legrottaglie, Antonio Conte, Gianluca Pessotto, Salvatore Fresi and Ruben Olivera have also stayed behind in Turin.

“I expect a wonderful response from the players who will take to the field at Reggio Calabria,” added Lippi.

“This must be a message to all the other clubs, but also to ourselves, to show Juventus can change five or six players but the solidity of the squad remains the same.”

Fabrizio Miccoli will be on the bench for the first time since he was rushed to hospital for an emergency appendectomy three weeks ago.

“Fabrizio is fine now,” noted the Coach, “but I am not accustomed to risking a player from the first minute after a serious injury.”

Marcelo Zalayeta has also just returned from muscular worries, so Marco Di Vaio will start as a lone striker with support from Mauro Camoranesi and Pavel Nedved.

Reggina are unbeaten so far this season, taking part in a series of spectacular draws against Sampdoria, Empoli and the most recent 4-4 scoreline at Brescia.

“Reggina is a strong and organised side with some good technique,” insisted the tactician. “They are prolific upfront and often take the lead in their games.”

The Amaranto also have a habit of losing those leads, having gone ahead only to be pegged back in every single game so far this season.

----

See the part in bold!? I didn't add those quote marks! Hmmm this conspiracy theory is sounding good ;) :D :p

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
@Glenn: How can you say that Tudor is Juve's/Moggi's best purchase ever? That's crap. When's the last time that Igor played 20 games in a season? The man is never fit, and is usually fielded out of position when he is fit.

@Gray: I agree 100%. People have started praising Zala ever since his goal against Barca, but the truth is that the Uruguayan is nothing more than an average player and will never be a crucial component in the Juve squad.
Agreed on both.

The only thing that i praise from zalayeta, is that the guy is always willing to play and try his best always,, but tha is not enough.

About Tudor, ok ill not say that he is useless,, but Lippi is doing wrong with him, playing in a wrong position and make him looks bad. He must leave the midfield for the likes of maresca and olivera, who are more agile and have better ball control. We all know that Tudor could be a marvelous centerback, or who knows,,,maybe an improvised striker!.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
I really like Zalayeta too :) i just like the fact that he is so unpredictable and is a nice option to have on the bench. He is awkward to mark and with his height, he is a threat during set pieces. I would never start him unless theres no other choice but hes a very handy substitute !

I want to see Miccoli in action vs Reggina in the 2nd half at least coz without DP , he needs to start against Olympiakos.

Juve should win this game without much trouble even without Trez, DP etc. 3-1 to juve (my prediction)

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++
And still no Maresca ... what's Lippi's freaking problem?
Yea, that's too bad :down:
I'd like to see him playing. Maybe he's good to stop il samurai fenomeno, Shunsuke Nakamura :angel:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Probable line-up:

Buffon
Birindelli Ferrara Iuliano Zambrotta
Camoranesi Appiah Tudor Davids
Nedved
Di Vaio

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
but Tudor is super, he has this inch perfect pass and has all the qualities to play in any position.
I agree, last time he played i was really impressd with his passes. this guy should start beside legro in the defence not from the bench.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
The best line-up that Juve can put out this season is the following IMO:

Buffon
Thuram Legrottaglie Tudor Zambrotta
Tacchinardi Davids
Camoranesi Nedved Del Piero
Di Vaio

That's what I would play.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Moggi said he's his best purchase, I'm simply agreeing :) Leave out the injuries for a second (which yes they're too many) but when he's fit he's great. He can play in any position. I've seen him played as right back, centre back, central midfield and even forward when we needed to score. I don't know too many players that can play in so many positions and still give out excellent performances. Remember he's only 23 so he's still very young and he can still do alot for Juve.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
Buffon
Thuram Legrottaglie Tudor Zambrotta
Tacchinardi Davids
Camoranesi Nedved Del Piero
Di Vaio

neeiy, i rather put DP and Di Vaio up front...ah but damn, di vaio is injured :groan:

;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Moggi said he's his best purchase, I'm simply agreeing :) Leave out the injuries for a second (which yes they're too many) but when he's fit he's great. He can play in any position. I've seen him played as right back, centre back, central midfield and even forward when we needed to score. I don't know too many players that can play in so many positions and still give out excellent performances. Remember he's only 23 so he's still very young and he can still do alot for Juve.
You're simply agreeing and I'm simple disagreeing :)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I think juve should put out this team against reggina:

buffon

birindelli
tudor
montero
zambrotta

tachi
davids

camoranasi
nedved
maresca

d'vaio

thuram and legro are rested and appiagh will start on the bench, so wil miccoli.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)