[SERIE A] Reggina Calcio 2-2 JUVENTUS (April 26th 2009) SUNDAY 15:00 CET (13 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Ranieri: We saved face... sort of

Sunday 26 April, 2009

Claudio Ranieri concedes Juventus “only saved face to a degree” after their 2-2 draw at bottom of the table Reggina.

His squad is struggling under protests from the fans after their Coppa Italia exit and today's results see them slip down to third place.

“Juve saved face in a way, but we should have won. We tried, but gifted half-an-hour to Reggina, who took advantage by creating several chances,” shrugged the Coach.

“Then we got out of our shells and proved we wanted to win a match that had seemed to be lost. We only saved face to a degree.”

This was the latest in a long line of poor Bianconeri performances and the pressure is on to deliver.

“When we play with intensity, we have shown what we can achieve,” continued Ranieri.

“At this moment in time our limitations are becoming apparent, those that were not seen when we beat Real Madrid and Milan.

It is true that we lack the quality that other sides have in midfield and when we are not 100 per cent fit, we struggle to disguise those limitations.

“Was it a dip in form or motivation? Probably both, but we are starting to get important figures back.”

Amauri made his return after six weeks, but was only a substitute in the final stages for Alessandro Del Piero.

CHANNEL4.COM

----------------------------
1) in the great words of Sir Alan Sugar "would have, should have, could have, BUT YOU DIDN'T DID YOU?"

2) Got out of our shells? we played as much as a cautious style as if we were trying to defend the deficit. No hunger, no fight, no desire!

3) I never knew that drawing 2-2 to Reggina could be such an achievement

4) That is still no excuse for a midfield that on paper is far more superior to Reggina's

5) yes we're just missing Knezevic now!

Buy on AliExpress.com

mondo1

May 14, 2006
i know its form goal.com but did he really said that? hahaha

You too, you know it's from goal.com so find whatever reason that will stop you from posting it here

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #385
    thats what i really thought before losing 2nd place .. we are in a free fall
    I'm pretty sure it will stop (at least for a moment) next week.
    Finally we'll be given a week rest, without feeling any presure. Up until now we had Inter on our minds, then the Coppa, disappointment from Coppa.

Now we'll beat Lecce, i'm sure about that. We'll give a tough time to Milan later. We might easily lose, but we will be a tough nut for them.

Our crisis will end next week, imo, but it shouldn't change anything. Ranieri should leave and many new players, good ones, should be added to this team we have.

2 weeks ago we had 6pts advantage over 4th placed Genoa. Now, even though we couldn't win and we drew twice in a row in the league, we have 7pts advantage over the 4th placed team.
    The teams behind us are very weak to take the 3rd place. We're very lucky here.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    I'm pretty sure it will stop (at least for a moment) next week.
    Finally we'll be given a week rest, without feeling any presure. Up until now we had Inter on our minds, then the Coppa, disappointment from Coppa.

Now we'll beat Lecce, i'm sure about that. We'll give a tough time to Milan later. We might easily lose, but we will be a tough nut for them.

Our crisis will end next week, imo, but it shouldn't change anything. Ranieri should leave and many new players, good ones, should be added to this team we have.

2 weeks ago we had 6pts advantage over 4th placed Genoa. Now, even though we couldn't win and we drew twice in a row in the league, we have 7pts advantage over the 4th placed team.
    The teams behind us are very weak to take the 3rd place. We're very lucky here.
    finally,someone on the same page as me

you clever and handsome man

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Milan did have a bad mercato though. Apart from Zambrotta, all the others disappointed and the guy they sold (Gilardino) did much better than the guys who replaced him (Sheva and Borriello).
    Ronaldinho didn't take them to the next level as they expected, Flamini was just a sub until a month ago, Borriello and Sheva contributed shit in attack, Senderos was another sub, so was Antonini.

People expected Milan to be the main favorite for the scudetto, and they obviously aren't. People were saying that they had a really superior mercato compared to ours, and we see them behind us all season long and only 2pts ahead of us now.

That did deserve laughs at the "experts" who envied Milan.
    Our mercato has very little to do with that.
    Are you the expert? funny how you never give up. You were laughing when Milan was behind, and you are still laughing when they are ahead. I am sure you will laugh again if they trash us 5-0 (not that it is going to happen, I predict a win for us) and will still claim we were wrong again. You also claimed that we were the second best defending team in Europe.

This was obvious from last season, Ranieri is not the man for Juve, but all you did was mocking us for wanting him out. Not just that, for every critics we made earlier, but you are making the same critics these days. :)

The team is getting apart, and we risk to lose our best players, and I really wonder if you still want Ranieri to stay. But no, every time Juve fucks up big time, you come first here and make sarcasm. I saw today you were criticizing Molinaro, hmmmm. How things change fast, and how you forget everything you said that fast..

mondo1

May 14, 2006
    what another 5 years? so the last 3 have been for nothing? with this kind of statement the likes of Camo,Trez and Buffon will not take that risk on waiting again
    i think that is a summary failure. he said in the last paragraph that they gave him 5years so he already had 2

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
    I wish Juve will lose against Reggina. (said multiple times in this thread)
    Fiorentina won YESSSSSSS
    Milan won YESSSSSSSSS
    Juve didn't win YESSSSSSSSS
    Damn, Genoa didn't win.
    Now i'll make fun of those who were happy when Juve were winning and i'll brag that i was right in July. I rock.

How can these people call themselves Juve fans? :disagree:
    ban them all

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    for fucks sake READ THE FUCKING QUOTE! he never said we would be on top within 5 years, he said he was given a 5 year project. it is a stupid headline and typical goal.com bullshit, but you should have the mental capacity to read an article that short and see that for yourself!

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    this is the worst Juve squad in recent history, we do not have the funds, squad depth, leaders or individuals to give us the success we are accustomed to but the way folk here go on we should still be league challengers. maybe it is this squads fault for having the balls to punch above their weight for so long this season and giving us the false hope that we could,perhaps,actually seriously challenge for the scudetto. the sad thing about all of this is that the squad have lost their way, they have lost their confidence and they have lost their fight, this falls at the managers door!

but some of you guys better wake up, because this BOD are not going anywhere fast and i for one will support the TEAM every week, no matter how bad things get! THAT is what a true fan does
    Ranieri says we dont have enough quality. We had money, we did, but the way i see it, we have spend it just to get something so the squad would be bigger. How much of a say Ranieri has in players tranfers dont know, but he could at least improve the situation with the players he has on his behalf, aka Giovinco.

Seriously whats gona happen next season when Nedved retires, Giovinco has hardly played this season, if Nedved retires and he is made regular first team player then prepare to see him not produce goods weekly, cause his not used to play regularly, besides he might feel more pressure what comes naturally as everyone expects him to produce instantly.
    Heck wouldnt surprise if Ranieri would replace Nedved with De Ceglie.

Money aside, i dont believe we will sign Diego anyway. Competition will be tough for him and i see Secco and co amateur enough to loose him out against some rival.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    I like how he says "we are getting important players back" but trez and gio rot on the bench. Makes sense.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
    let him finish few more games until end of season and call it a day.. We cant loose much more than what is already lost..

also i am looking for interview at the end of season...

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    Ranieri says we dont have enough quality. We had money, we did, but the way i see it, we have spend it just to get something so the squad would be bigger. How much of a say Ranieri has in players tranfers dont know, but he could at least improve the situation with the players he has on his behalf, aka Giovinco.

Seriously whats gona happen next season when Nedved retires, Giovinco has hardly played this season, if Nedved retires and he is made regular first team player then prepare to see him not produce goods weekly, cause his not used to play regularly, besides he might feel more pressure what comes naturally as everyone expects him to produce instantly.
    Heck wouldnt surprise if Ranieri would replace Nedved with De Ceglie.

Money aside, i dont believe we will sign Diego anyway. Competition will be tough for him and i see Secco and co amateur enough to loose him out against some rival.
    unfortunately we have not had a huge amount of funds, in the past investments like poulsen and tiago were not seen as mistakes due to the size and quality of the squad. now every transfer is scrutinized to the point that almost every player is viewed as a failure.

as for giovinco, i would love to see him put into the first team and flourish but i think we all know we will offload him in the summer to part-fund the transfer of Cassano or a similar player that we don't actually need

i feel disgusted by that comment. HOW DARE HE?
    the 2faced side of this forum is incredible, we ahd similar discussion about what lots of people called desCHUMPs who have changed their tune significantly with hindsight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)