Serie A players ratings (3 Viewers)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
:D

No, Treze is a different type of player ..

Seriously, I don't think that Mutu has reached THE level .. you know .. where players like RVN, Henry, Sheva, Saviola are .. maybe he will be there in the future though .. but not now ..

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
no, he's not syuper world class like ruud, sheva and raul, but I see him in the same class as Saviola easily, and certainly a level above Trez :)p) different type of player or not!

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
no, he's not syuper world class like ruud, sheva and raul, but I see him in the same class as Saviola easily, and certainly a level above Trez :)p) different type of player or not!
;)

Well, everyone has his own opinion, right ??

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Sorry guys, but I feel Mutu is kind of over-rated in here .. he's being treated like a God !!

Ok, the guy is good, but not THAT good ;)
Right. Of course. I forgot.

Del Piero is God! :rolleyes: ;)

OP
mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #29
    He had an amazing season, and is ok to say he was the best serie A player, but is actually the first season he is like this. Last year 4 example the best (he even won the best player oscar) was Treze, and this season we are all blaming him.
    I think in the lasts years ther's not any player who can be considered THE KING in serie A, it change season by season and it depends on many things.
    Anycase, I don't see Mutu as a possible golden ball winner, but he rocks ;)

OP
    mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #36
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
    Could someone explain what Pool ratings are?
    Every week in www.gazzetta.it it was possible 4 peaple to rate the players of every match (If I remember good votes went from 3 to 9) so at the end it came out 2 different averages one from the journalists "pagelle di gazzetta" and one from the peaple "pagelle dei tifosi".

Also i found the statistics 4 the referees:

http://www.gazzetta.it/speciali/statistiche/2002/arbitri/index_arbitri.shtml

But in this case ther's no "peaple ratings" and you can see just the average not check the single rate match by match like 4 the players...

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    De Santis single-handedly led Udine to the UEFA .. Mutu is good, but there were other protagonists in the Parma team, like Frey, Adriano, and Nakata (on his day) .. Another point that made me put De Santis over Mutu, is that the GK played greatly even against the big teams (gave Inter, Juve, and Milan a hard time) .. whereas Mutu supposedly shone only against small-middle teams .. Mutu also scored many of his goals from penalties and free-kicks .. but I still rate him highly .. I mean 3rd best isn't that bad at all ;)
    De Sanctis did not singlehandedly lead Udinese to the Uefa ;) Pizarro, Jankulovski, Jorgensen and Muzzi all played an important role too. Even Spalletti really did an excellent job, from taking a team that saved itself from relegation last season, to a team competiting for europe.

I think Nakata has been quite disappointing this season, most probably cos he was being played out of position (on the right wing whereas he's more of a central midfielder that can dictate the game).

Mutu only had 4 penalties against Del Piero's 7, so therefore Mutu scores more from open play and freekicks than DP does. There was a time when DP used to score loads of goals from freekicks, but nowadays sadly enough he lost his touch. On the other hand Mutu is quite lethal from those spot kicks.

I do not think Mutu is that hard to obtain. Lippi is a keen admirer of his, and I believe that he is a possible target.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)