Serie A: PAVEL NEDVED farewell (May 31st 2009) (2 Viewers)

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
i hope that the lazio fans will sing his name too. and also, the juve players should wear a blonde wig and also have "nedved" written somewhere on their back. i heard somewhere that molinaro is going to get "nedved" tattooed across his chest as a tribute to him...not sure if that is true though haha

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
All things must come to an end and tomorrow will be the end of an era. Thank You for the passion, the goals, and the memories. We will never forget you Pavel!
FORZA FURIA CECA

Aug 1, 2003
tbh I think that's why everyone's highly emotional as well - for some reason his retirement is an indication of an imminent end of an era. Granted the new generation is very exciting, but we've gone through a lot with this particular batch, and it's going to be hard saying goodbye.

feriorca

May 27, 2009
I guess it's official. "Juventus thanks Pavel Nedved" said the official site and promised a farewell from everyone. We have to give him the best farewell ever!! THANKS PAVEL NEDVED!

noussa

Aug 29, 2008
Nedved: I quit Juve, not football

Saturday 30 May, 2009
Pavel Nedved has announced he is leaving Juventus, but not necessarily retiring from football. “It’s time to say goodbye.”

The Juventus midfielder turns 37 in August and the club had tried to change his mind the same way they did a year ago, when he had threatened to retire.

A new contract was offered, but meetings at the headquarters last night and again this morning failed to reach a consensus.

“After eight years at Juventus the time has come to say goodbye and thank all the fans, teammates and the club for all the support I have received in this time.

“I won four Scudetti and the Ballon d’Or in Turin. I particularly want to thank my wife Ivana and our children, who have accompanied me during this extraordinary journey. From Monday onwards, I will think about my future.

“I will continue to feel close to Juventus and I’m particularly grateful to the Agnelli family for giving me the opportunity to play for this great club. I can assure you economic reasons had nothing to do with this decision.”

It is curious that the Czech is leaving Juve, but not necessarily hanging up his boots for good, as confirmed by his agent.

“For now we say goodbye to Juve, a decision that was already very difficult,” noted Mino Raiola on Sky Italia.

“From Monday we will think about the future. Sunday will be his last game in the Bianconeri shirt.

“I have already received many requests from Italy and abroad. We never asked Juventus for guarantees on tactics, players or a future as a director.”

Nedved began his career at Sparta Prague in 1992, moving on to Lazio in 1996 and then Juventus in 2001.

(source: Channel4.com-football italy

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:depressed

Our boys better come out wanting blood tomorrow. They need to be up for it for both the second spot but also Pavel.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
:depressed

Our boys better come out wanting blood tomorrow. They need to be up for it for both the second spot but also Pavel.
I think they will.

After tomorrow, the trash cans in the stadiums of Italy can breath a sigh of relief. No more getting kicked around the place by a crazy Czech man. :depressed

theone

Jul 3, 2007
I will cry after the match... this is the saddest day for me, I dunno what to think, say, write... PAVEL, you will be in my heart forever!
God, whyyyyyyyyyy :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)