[Serie A] Parma vs. Juventus (22 Viewers)

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
Y del piero is not playing?? i am really lost by some of capello's decision...does that mean dp will be starting in the CL game?? and what's Giani doin in there in the midfield?? obviously, Capello looked down on Parma...couldn;t wake up for d game, too tired after swimming, showing here 2.30 morning..damn....but at least now we r shoulder to shoulder w the blues Chelsea as the straight wins teams...perhaps these two will meet in the CL final? hehe..and envy of Hamburger FC fans..they won themselves 10000 litres of beer(i think!!)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Parma 1 - 2 Juventus
Delvecchio 13 (P), Camoranesi 44 (J), Vieira 82 (J)
Stadio Tardini

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juve fought back at the Stadio Tardini with Mauro Camoranesi and Patrick Vieira to make it five wins out of five.

This used to be one of the biggest battles in Serie A, but Parma's financial difficulties have left them challenging for rather different objectives. New owner Lorenzo Sanz was in the stands to watch the Gialloblu, while Juventus aimed to maintain their 100 per cent record.

Former Parma heroes Lilian Thuram, Fabio Cannavaro and Adrian Mutu stepped into the Stadio Tardini, while Emerson, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Alessandro Del Piero were rested. Daniele Bonera and Domenico Morfeo recovered from their fitness worries to start, while Fabio Cannavaro's little brother Paolo was left on the bench.

The first real scoring opportunity came after seven minutes, as both David Trezeguet and Mauro German Camoranesi were prevented from scoring by brave defensive interventions.

However, it was Parma who took a surprise lead at the 13th. Bernardo Corradi held up the ball for Marco Delvecchio's low volley from a tight angle that beat Christian Abbiati. It was Delvecchio's first goal for the Gialloblu and an important confidence booster for the veteran striker.

Camoranesi's looping header was just over, then Abbiati performed a brilliant one-handed save on Corradi, but the move had already been halted for a foul.

Juventus were unable to create any real chances and goalkeeper Cristiano Lupatelli was left relatively untroubled in the first half. If anything, Parma could've doubled their lead, as Abbiati palmed out a powerful Fabio Simplicio strike.

The Bianconeri are not to be outdone and eventually equalised with a goal out of nowhere, but one that Camoranesi will treasure as perhaps the best of his career. The Argentine gathered the ball from Patrick Vieira and unleashed a rocket from 20 metres that slotted into the top corner of the net.

Nonetheless, it was a poor overall performance and Fabio Capello introduced Emerson for Giuliano Giannichedda. It wasn't a good start to the second half, as Abbiati completely missed a Delvecchio cross and was fortunate that Mark Bresciano fired straight at the goalkeeper.

Fernando Couto replaced the injured Giuseppe Cardone for Parma. Juve went close to taking the lead soon after, as Zalayeta's taut cross-shot was inches away from both the far post and Trezeguet's outstretched foot.

Delvecchio also limped off with a knee problem, making way for youngster Andrea Pisanu. Abbiati still didn't look secure and performed a bizarre punching save on a Fabio Simplicio cross he probably could have caught.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic replaced the disappointing Zalayeta and moments later Juve had a great chance to score. Camoranesi intercepted a weak pass and Trezeguet saw his shot palmed round the post by Lupatelli.

Parma gradually fought back and Pisanu drilled inches wide of the near post. During the same move, Corradi fell in the area under pressure from Fabio Cannavaro and the two men argued over whether it was a push or a dive.

Ibrahimovic is yet to score in Serie A this season and made some elemental errors that earned the scorn of the Stadio Tardini crowd.

Trezeguet wasted another good chance on 74 minutes, as Pavel Nedved's shot was deflected into his path and Contini managed to charge down the Frenchman's follow-up.

Bresciano also suffered an injury, so Parma introduced Paolo Cannavaro to face his older brother.

The Bianconeri now had the upper hand and should've made it 2-1 with 10 minutes to go, but Camoranesi's looping header on a Gianluca Zambrotta cross shaved the far post with Lupatelli beaten.

Juve grabbed the goal moments later, as Patrick Vieira started and ended the move. The ex-Arsenal star gave Ibrahimovic the ball and ran to the far post to nod in his chipped cross. It was Vieira's third goal in five Serie A games.

Ibrahimovic's confidence was boosted by that assist and his fierce drive was well smothered by the goalkeeper.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parma: Lupatelli; Bonera, Cardone (Couto 47), Contini, Pasquale; Bresciano (P Cannavaro 76), Grella, Simplicio, Delvecchio (Pisanu 59); Morfeo; Corradi

Juventus: Abbiati; Pessotto, Thuram, F Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Vieira, Giannichedda (Emerson 46), Mutu (Nedved 69); Trezeguet, Zalayeta (Ibrahimovic 56)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
What a nice goal by camo and what a nice assist from zlatan for veira to score his second goal in two matches , we played good , trez should have scored when he faced the keeper , mutu is not performing as he wants , he should play behind the strikers , anyway , we needed the 3 points and we got them , forza juve

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
About the Parma match, it show off some of our weakness, mainly in an absolute pathetic first half.

--- Abbiati is constantly insecure, but more in airballs. Until now, there is no harm done. But im sincerly praying for the fast ricovery of gigi, because with Abbiati we will not last long in CL.....

--- Capello still hasnt found a regular RB and that is one of our weakest links. The excesive rotation at that position is making things a bit confuse, as Pessotto evidenced today : zebina, blasi, pessotto... who`s next? Balzaretti ? why dont try Giannicheda ...we need to stick with someone and give him enough time to click in with the team.

-- We are, in some extent, emerson-dependant. Without him in the pitch our posession decreaces and ball rotation in the midfield becomes chaotic. IMO, he is the only one able to ankle our center. Viera atacking showoff is being facilitated because Emo gives him the necesary cover.
How confused we look in the first half without emo on the pitch...

-- Finally, Mutu is not the right replacement for Neddy.
I feel the rumanian need to be played in his true position to deliver the goods...

OP
GRK

GRK

Guitar God
Oct 19, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,077
    Yeah, ffs. Of all people, you were the last who I'd expect to post something like that.

Judging from your avatar, too.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    Capello praises Juve subs Saturday 24 September, 2005

Fabio Capello insists the sluggish performance at Parma won’t discourage him from squad rotation, although admitting the substitutions made the difference.

The Gialloblu dominated the opening 45 minutes of the Stadio Tardini clash last night, though Juventus came out the eventual 2-1 winners.

“Mario Beretta’s side kept up an incredible tempo throughout the first half and I told my players during the break that they couldn’t possibly keep that up,” explained Capello.

“The substitutions helped us a great deal, both in terms of fresh legs and the quality of those who stepped on to the field. In any case, we need to rotate the squad at the moment so that everyone gets to play and rest.”

The introduction of Zlatan Ibrahimovic – who set up Patrick Vieira’s winner – and Emerson gave the Bianconeri an extra dimension they had been lacking up until then.

“We were too slow in our build-up and during half-time I asked my players to increase the tempo and find more depth. We must also note that Parma put in a great performance.”

Mauro German Camoranesi equalised for Juve with their first real scoring opportunity on the stroke of half-time, firing in a fierce strike from the edge of the box.

“I had to hit the ball with my toes as the defender was closing me down and I had only a split second to get my shot in,” explained the Italian international. “Our tempo was too slow in the first half and this allowed Parma to win back the ball and launch a counter-attack. In the second period we proved that the win was deserved and should’ve sealed up the points earlier.”

Adrian Mutu made his first start in a Juventus jersey and did so in front of his old fans at the Stadio Tardini. “It is always a pleasure to play here,” said the ex-Parma and Chelsea man. “I am happy because we won, but also as I saw a strong Parma side that fought until the bitter end. This’ll be a tough place for anyone this season.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)