[Serie A] Parma vs. Juventus (3 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Tifoso ] ++
La Gazzetta Dello Sport probable line-up

32 Abbiati
20 Blasi
21 Thuram
28 F. Cannavaro
19 Zambrotta
16 Camoranesi
23 Giannichedda
4 Vieira
18 Mutu
17 Trezeguet
10 Del Piero

A disposizione
12 Chimenti
3 Chiellini
6 Kovac
11 Nedved
8 Emerson
9 Ibrahimovic
25 Zalayeta
Perfect...:) Just what I wanted to see.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The only thing that scare me is Thuram, If he isn't 100% fit, Gladstone should maybe take his place...And If he's in a good moral and shape, then play him...

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++
The only thing that scare me is Thuram, If he isn't 100% fit, Gladstone should maybe take his place...And If he's in a good moral and shape, then play him...
Hey Rab,your sig,created by Incubo,is really full of truth.He said in just a few phrases the whole meaning of the Del Piero thread.Great sig you have.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Capello faces defensive crisis Friday 23 September, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello concedes that injuries have left him with a defensive conundrum, but Adrian Mutu is set to be unleashed against his former Parma teammates tomorrow.

“We are fine in attack and in midfield, but our problems could arise at the back,” explained the Coach. “Lilian Thuram and Robert Kovac are still recovering, Jonathan Zebina is out, while Alessandro Birindelli is a long-term absentee. I’ll have to work out who can play.”

Gianluca Pessotto has returned to the fray following his setback, but despite the crisis Juve maintain the joint strongest defensive record in Serie A, as Livorno and the Bianconeri have only conceded one in four games.

“With so many fixtures on at the moment, a Coach must rotate the squad, especially if we consider many of our players are also internationals. Thankfully, it’s good to have a choice and I hope it’ll always be like that.”

One of the benchwarmers who could be given the chance to shine this weekend is Adrian Mutu, who returns to face his former club for the first time since his move to Chelsea.

“Mutu is doing well and this could be his turn,” admitted Capello. “I have some ideas on how to use him in the team and it isn’t easy to leave out people like him and Marcelo Zalayeta. This year we have many matches and those who aren’t happy with spending some time on the bench can talk to the club and request a transfer. There will be room for everyone, including Alessandro Del Piero.”

The Turin giants have drawn at the Stadio Tardini for the last two years running and Parma haven’t won here since 2002.

“The Stadio Tardini is always a difficult place to play in. Parma have players of great quality and I don’t think they have any major weaknesses. Everyone raises their game when they face Juventus, so we’ll have to be very focused.”

The reigning Serie A Champions have the opportunity to maintain their 100 per cent record and further extend their lead over Inter and Milan.

“This is a great team, one of the best I’ve had at my disposal in my career,” said Capello. “Right now, this is a truly super squad.”

Juventus squad: Chiellini, Vieira, Kovac, Pessotto, Emerson, Ibrahimovic, Del Piero, Nedved, Chimenti, Balzaretti, Camoranesi, Trezeguet, Mutu, Zambrotta, Blasi, Thuram, Bonnefoi, Giannichedda, Olivera, Zalayeta, Cannavaro, Abbiati

source: channel4.com

rokkstar

Feb 2, 2005
seems like parma is our jinx team for the past few seasons....

tonite's game is going to be hard-fought altho' parma's start to the season isn't going as well.

I have a strong feeling mutu will relish the challenge and score the winning goal for us...

2-1 to Juve ( Trezegol,Morfeo, Mutu )

galma

Aug 13, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Ibrahimovic9 ] ++
o-2 for juve
dp
zlatan

ahahahahah,you're funny ,zlatan scoring today,hahahahahahahha
maybe next year :)))))))

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I hope trezza play and ofcourse he'll score,maybe DP too,for mutu I have big hopes but again .beeing realistik this hopes will be crashed by capello,AGAIN :down:

Abbiati
20 Blasi
21 Thuram
28 F. Cannavaro
19 Zambrotta
16 Camoranesi
23 Giannichedda
4 Vieira
18 Mutu
17 Trezeguet
10 Del Piero ,hmmm,I think will be changed again ,and mutu left out,and puma take his place :((

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Parma - Juventus

Stadio Tardini

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This game could provide one of the most interesting comparisons of the season as Paolo Cannavaro lines up against his older brother Fabio. Paolo is regarded as a promising young defender by Parma and this could prove to be a great opportunity to see if he shows the potential to emulate the Azzurri captain’s huge success. This will be a big game for both brothers though as Juventus’ injury crisis continues to pile pressure on to the elder Cannavaro’s shoulder. With such influential players as Gianluigi Buffon and Lilian Thuram still absent he has had to take on a lot of added responsibility.

The Gialloblu have their own injury problems though as their 4-1 midweek thrashing to Roma showed. With Daniele Bonera, Marco Marchionni and Domenico Morfeo all out, they are missing – with the exception of the now departed Alberto Gilardino – their three best performers from last season. While the Parma tifosi will be hoping that having such an array of talent waiting to return to the side will push their replacements on to a good performance to keep their place in the team, this could be a tall order against a Bianconeri side who have won all four games so far this season.

One player hoping to impress while looking over his shoulder for his injured teammate is Marco Delvecchio. The former Roma striker has been given a chance to resurrect his career due to the absence of Morfeo and will need to take it with both hands. Similarly both David Trezeguet and Zlatan Ibrahimovic will need to do well with the competition for places in Turin if, as expected, they start ahead of Alex Del Piero and Adrian Mutu. This especially true after Del Piero’s explosive return to the first team last week when he scored both goals against Ascoli.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parma (probable): Lupatelli; P Cannavaro, Cardone, Contini, Pasquale; Pisanu, Bolano, Simplicio, Bresciano; Delvecchio, Corradi

Juventus (probable): Abbiati; Blasi, Kovac, F Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Emerson, Vieira, Nedved; Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
So finnaly capello will let mutu play , i hope he contribute well to the team and score.
we need the 3 points , we cant loose any point to parma , they are very weak team:(

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by rokkstar ] ++
seems like parma is our jinx team for the past few seasons....

tonite's game is going to be hard-fought altho' parma's start to the season isn't going as well.

I have a strong feeling mutu will relish the challenge and score the winning goal for us...

2-1 to Juve ( Trezegol,Morfeo, Mutu )
morfeo is out injured , soo is marchionnii

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)