[Serie A] Parma - Juventus (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I think thats being a tad unfair to say the least. I don't know off hand his goals and assists figures but they would serve to prove that he does more than just show off. Having said that I think Capello really needs to have a chat with him about how better to harness his huge natural talent into something more ruthless and efficient. Once he learns exactly where and when to be selfish and where to play the simple ball, he will be one phenomenal asset to our team.

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
well at last serie a is back from the winter break. all i have been watching is the premiership, they have no winter break. they played something like 4 games in 7 days. mourihno dont like it. but forza juve lets get back on track.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Serie A Preview: Parma-Juventus
1/5/2005 10:56:00 PM
As the second half of the Serie A season commences, Parma know that nothing less that a dramatic turn around in form will suffice if they are to remain in Italy’s top flight. The Bianconeri visit the Tardini after a well-earned break, with renewed energy they should be hard to contain.
BACKGROUND

After an astonishingly poor first half of the season, Parma have been left languishing in the bottom three of Serie A. With only 12 points from 15 games, Gialloblu fans fear the worst for their team. Whilst Parma are hardly prolific scorers, it is their defence that has caused so many problems during this troubled campaign. With such a young squad it is inevitable that players will be prone to lapses of concentration and slip-ups that have cost the club vital points. However, the calibre of the Gialloblu’s youngsters suggests that the team should be doing far better. With highly coveted under 21 stars such as Bovo and Bonera in their side Parma should be performing much better at the back. The same can be said of their attack, which has managed a measly 15-goal haul so far. Star striker Alberto Gilardino is one of the most sought after strikers in Europe, with the likes of Real Madrid, AC Milan and Juventus interested but has failed to find the consistency of last season. Without a regular goal scorer Parma have struggled and the fans will be hoping that key players such as Gilardino and Bresciano find their scoring touch as soon as possible.

Parma’s performances seem to have improved under new manager Pietro Carmignani although it is still rather too early to tell. The tactician was brought in to replace former manager Silvio Baldini who paid the price for his teams slump this season. If Carmignani can get his side to repeat the form that saw his side win 3-2 against Besiktas in the UEFA Cup there may yet be hope for the Gialloblu.

Juventus’ start to the season could not be more different to Parma’s. The Bianconeri have been leading the way throughout the campaign thanks to Fabio Capello’s intelligent tactics and hard-working squad, but newfound defensive strength is they factor in their success. The acquisition of Fabio Cannavaro from Inter has helped turn Juve’s defence into the most miserly unit in Italy, whilst Emerson in midfield has ensured the team gives little possession away. However, Alessandro Del Piero is still looking for his best form after a series of injury setbacks, whilst his partnership with Zlatan Ibrahimovic is still in its infancy. Despite this minor setback, Juventus have so far managed to score the goals needed to see them at the top of the league. Whilst continuing to pick up vital victories in the league, Juventus have looked shaky in recent games and were criticised by sections of the media for their performance against Milan. Capello has stated many times that his team were starting to tire after their amazing start to the season and the tactician will be grateful for their recent break. With Juventus at almost full strength, and their key players rested, Parma will be in for a tough test at the Tardini stadium.

FORM GUIDE

Parma: LLLLWL
Parma’s form looks like that of a team destined for relegation. Carmignani will need to get the most out of his hugely under performing squad if they are to remain in Serie A.

Juventus: WDWDWD
The Turin side have slipped in recent weeks but have still managed to pick up vital points despite their minor blip. The Bianconeri should now begin another winning cycle.

TEAM NEWS

Parma:
Cardone, Degano, Savi and Bolano are unavailable through injury. The impressive Pisanu and Contini are suspended.

Juventus:
David Trezeguet is still recovering from a shoulder operation but is close to a return. Thuram is suspended and will be replaced by Montero at the back. Aside from both Frenchmen, Capello has a full squad of players to pick from and will most probably pick the same side that drew with Milan.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Parma:
Alberto Gilardino has had a mixed 2005, winning the European under 21 Championships and finishing as the most impressive player was a highlight, along with finishing as the top scoring Italian in Serie A. However this season has seen the youngster struggle to live up to his growing reputation as he has failed to score goals. If the youngster bounces back to his best he will be a massive threat to the Bianconeri, as he has the ability to turn over any defence.

Juventus:
Ibrahimovic could not have asked for a better introduction to the Juventus fans, as his fine performances endeared him almost instantly. Some have likened the Swede to the legendary Marco Van Basten and its easy to see why. Zlatan has the quality to terrorise Parma’s struggling defence.

PROBABLE STARTING XIs

Parma (5-3-1-1):
Frey - Ferronetti, Bovo, Bonera, Cannavaro - Potenza, Grella, Bresciano - Simplicio, Morfeo, Gilardino

Juventus (4-4-2):
Buffon - Zebina, Montero, F.Cannavaro, Zambrotta - Camoranesi, Blasi, Emerson, Nedved - Del Piero, Ibrahimovic.

PREDICTION

Juventus should easily cope with Parma and begin 2005 in style.

Parma 0-2 Juventus

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Oooooo!! I've waited so long for this match! the return of the Serie A!!! mouhahaha, I will really feel good when watching the game 2morrow, Come one Juventus!!

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Took a look at the table and Parma have 12 points 2nd bottom and Udinese are near us, can they do 97/98? Still a long way to go. I was watching some Ibra videos from his ajax days very skillful player, freestyler for sure. That risky show the ball play didnt work in the last game but he was up against Nesta. Lets hope Pieros belly doesn't get the better off him, he might ask for another 4-5 games to gain match fitness after all the food he ate.

NZjuvefan

Jun 2, 2004
I predict Juventus will lose 90-0. They will have had such a good Christmas and New Year they never want to play soccer again and will drunkenly kick the ball into their own net for fun.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by NZjuvefan ] ++
I predict Juventus will lose 90-0. They will have had such a good Christmas and New Year they never want to play soccer again and will drunkenly kick the ball into their own net for fun.
maybe u r the one who is drunk

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Capello stays focused Wednesday 5 January, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus face a tough test at the Stadio Tardini and warns his players not to get distracted by the results from Milan’s game.

“We mustn’t think about the Rossoneri’s progress at all, because we have a four-point advantage and can only look ahead,” said the Coach. “There’s only one way to keep your cool in a long season and that is to take each game as it comes.”

The Turin giants were disappointing in their 0-0 draw with Milan before the Christmas break, but that rest came at the right time and they are raring to go.

“Until the Champions’ League comes round again in February it should be easier for players to handle the pace, though at this stage the squad understands how my system works and we can begin to rotate the line-up more frequently.”

Juventus could also soon be making the most of a new reinforcement, as David Trezeguet has resumed full training.

“I think our tiredness was perhaps more psychological than physical, although it only began to show in the last two rounds, so it was nothing too serious. Trezeguet is back to full fitness and after his check-up on Jan 10 I believe he’ll be ready to play.”

Capello is forced to make changes for Thursday’s trip to Parma, as former local hero Lilian Thuram is suspended, giving Paolo Montero a rare start.

“Parma are a very dangerous outfit on the counter-attack,” commented the Coach, “because they have so much quality. They had some chances to hurt Roma in their last match of 2004, even if they ended up losing 5-1. We must be careful and determined, as their position in the table does not represent Parma’s true value.”

The Gialloblu are currently lodged in the relegation zone and looking increasingly desperate, even if new tactician Pietro Carmignani has had a few weeks to work with the players since that Olimpico drubbing.

Juventus have unveiled a £200,000 donation to help build an orphanage in Thailand following the tsunami disaster. Many Italian clubs are collecting funds to help the Asian nations affected and there will be a minute’s silence before all Thursday’s Serie A games.

source: channel4.com

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by NZjuvefan ] ++
haha, how funny.......:confused: are these your best jokes in Newzeland............???????

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I cant possibly see Juventus loose this game, and I hope that Lecce can stun Milan and at least manage a draw against the rossoneri. FORZA JUVE!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)