[Serie A] Parma 0-1 JUVENTUS [August 24th, 2019] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 6, 2015
I`d say we took more control although we were far more predictable - It works vs Parma but when we go to CL and meet tams like Liverpool it wouldnt go well..
Its only one game so lets wait a few more to really give an opinion..
We were much more dominating in the same fixture last season both in terms of possession and shots.

vs Parma this season
vs Parma last season

- - - Updated - - -

Well considering he used a new formation 4-4-2 and pretty much played like an Allegri team yesterday, I would say he can be unpredictable at times.
Sarri used a similar formation at Chelsea last season. With Hazard getting similar freedom as Ronaldo yesterday.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
You have to take in consideration the league they are playing in. I'm watching bouremount vs man shity and although the former team knows that they have little chance for a result , they are not defending with 10 men in front of the keeper.
Compare this to the majority of opponents juve encounters in seria a . They always sit deep and defend in bunches, because they know that if they try, they are going to get massacred. So they prefer to sit back and hope for a 0 0 and a lucky counter.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Ya Bournemouth has always been an exception. Eddie Howe usually goes against anybody with attacking mentality or atleast trying to keep up with the plan, no matter what so they usually having high scoring games. There's teams who are defending deep down, but not that many as in Italy so you're kind of right there but that again, has probably alot more to do with the fact that PL is the best league in the world at the moment and all the teams have some sort of quality up front.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Ronaldo comes to the middle because nobody is feeding him properly. When Ronaldo comes in the middle then Higuain should move into the wing space but the fatty can't move. Dybala makes the space for Ronaldo like Costa does as they both draw defenders towards them.

Jun 6, 2015
Ronaldo comes to the middle because nobody is feeding him properly. When Ronaldo comes in the middle then Higuain should move into the wing space but the fatty can't move. Dybala makes the space for Ronaldo like Costa does as they both draw defenders towards them.
Great analysis :baus:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
We won't see Sarri's team for at least a few weeks maybe months. The management oviously stuck with the players who knew how to play together as much as I hate it that's just how it is. These things take time.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
We were much more dominating in the same fixture last season both in terms of possession and shots.

vs Parma this season
vs Parma last season

- - - Updated - - -

Sarri used a similar formation at Chelsea last season. With Hazard getting similar freedom as Ronaldo yesterday.
Is that really true? I thought Hazard was playing CF early in the season, and he switched to his regular position as LW in the second half of the season playing of either Higuain or Giroud.

Jun 6, 2015
Is that really true? I thought Hazard was playing CF early in the season, and he switched to his regular position as LW in the second half of the season playing of either Higuain or Giroud.
This quote is from his Juventus presentation when asked about his tactics and about being a tactical fundamentalist:
"I don't see how you could say that when I started at Empoli with 4-3-1-2, then moved to 4-3-3 at Napoli and a disguised 4-4-2 at Chelsea."

Here he explains how he had to change his style because of Hazard:
https://www.goal.com/en/news/hazard...s-for-chelsea-sarri/nvj67gawco9613qx2qd72dvou

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
No beautiful Sarri football?
I guess it depends on who you ask...
I personally do not enjoy that pass more be effective less type of play but its not that Allegri`s last year style of no passing play just effectiveness style.
I think in order to win in Europe you need a mixture of theses things.
Hope we become more effective..

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Sarri needs to understand ronaldo isnt a spring chicken either. He can't do what he was doing 3 years ago at real. He is fit...but definitely isn't the player he was in his prime. Same as Higuain, he isn't the player he was under Sarri at Napoli. Costa had an injury interrupted season as well...

All 3 players are not at their best anymore.

Sarri needs to be open minded about thinking of tactics moving forward. I know not all players were fit and ready but the team on that park could not be more far away from our best if tried.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
The problem is the fact that if you look at the best attacking trios in the world, they're supposed to hit +75 goals a season and if we have Ronaldo scoring 40, who will score the remaining 35? Costa at his best, might get 10, Higuain+Dybala at their best could get 25 combined so there would be that 75, but it's still highly unlikely. If we were to get a winger, i want a goalscoring winger ala, Sterling, Mane, Salah, Neymar, Hazard who would be the absolute top of the cream, then guys like Sancho, Sane, Nicolas Pepe, Son, Bernando Silva, Mahrez etc being right after them. They all are able to score, able to dribble, They're fast and able to make a cross/pass which is leading to a goal instead of guys with speed and couple tricks, with shitty end product, just like DC or Berna.
Dybala has the potential to score 25 goals per season alone. He's better than Mertens who was killing Serie A for Napoli under Sarri.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
To be honest id prefer to get 50 combined from Ronaldo and dybala then share double figures with higuain costa bernadeschi and hopefully get more input in the scoresheet from midfield.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Sarri needs to understand ronaldo isnt a spring chicken either. He can't do what he was doing 3 years ago at real. He is fit...but definitely isn't the player he was in his prime. Same as Higuain, he isn't the player he was under Sarri at Napoli. Costa had an injury interrupted season as well...

All 3 players are not at their best anymore.

Sarri needs to be open minded about thinking of tactics moving forward. I know not all players were fit and ready but the team on that park could not be more far away from our best if tried.
Root cause analysis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)