[Serie A] Parma 0-1 JUVENTUS [August 24th, 2019] (5 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I honestly dont care about the result as long as its a W but Im not happy with they way we played - Way too many mistakes, we gave them space which Gervinho exploited well although Chiellini and especially Bonucci made a great job at not letting anything go through..
D.Costa was a positive and a negative - Positive - He is a damn monster when he has the ball (but we already know that). Negative - Injury..
If this guy learns how to be more effective he will join the list of world best footballers - this is how good his dribbling skills are...
Higuain had a good game but I also saw he is way too heavy to be a starter - Im sorry to say that but he should be a sub and nothing more

I was disappointed we didnt introduce Dybala and Danilo

Overall - its only the first game so its premature to be too disappointed or too happy but I did expect us to close spaces better..
Next week its Napoli - We can beat them if we get serious but I think we should really get a surprise before the transfer window closes - Mid or Attack.

P.S I think Mandzukic would have been perfect for this game instead of Higuain as his passing ability is very underrated.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
CR7's goal was NOT offside. Playing Higuain over Dybala: :sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

I said the same when we bought him.
It was an offside but honestly the rules are ridiculous.. If someone has a big nose and it crosses the offside line why should it be offside
The only parts that can score a goal are feet and head (considering body is really not probable) - They should fix the offside law but for the meantime even a fingernail can mark an offside and its really sad its the case..

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
It was an offside but honestly the rules are ridiculous.. If someone has a big nose and it crosses the offside line why should it be offside
The only parts that can score a goal are feet and head (considering body is really not probable) - They should fix the offside law but for the meantime even a fingernail can mark an offside and its really sad its the case..
Who's your MOM?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Who's your MOM?
Up until he got injured I have to say D.Costa - he really moved things quite well.
My MOTM - I`ll probably pick D.Costa
Worst player on the field - MDS - Its like he thinks about how to make the most predictable play and then he does it..

Pjanic was good
Ronaldo - always good although he missed some chances he usually scores..

- - - Updated - - -

Really? We didn’t look much different to the last two seasons imo.
I`d say we took more control although we were far more predictable - It works vs Parma but when we go to CL and meet tams like Liverpool it wouldnt go well..
Its only one game so lets wait a few more to really give an opinion..

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Whoever said that D.Costa needs to learn how to be more effective, the ship has already sailed. He is 29 in 3 weeks and still hasn't learned, so do people actually think he would suddenly learn to be more effective in the next 3 years than past ~29?

I just hope he has those good nights on those big nights because that's almost essential to go deep in the UCL.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
1st half was promising
2nd half was unacceptable
1st half was indeed better but the truth is we played in a predictable way - Im starting to wonder if I am the only one who see Sarri`s style as a bit of predictable - I saw this at Napoli, I followed him less with Chelsea although I did see some games and now it feels he is doing the same with us... Hope we learn to mask some moves..

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
1st half was indeed better but the truth is we played in a predictable way - Im starting to wonder if I am the only one who see Sarri`s style as a bit of predictable - I saw this at Napoli, I followed him less with Chelsea although I did see some games and now it feels he is doing the same with us... Hope we learn to mask some moves..
Let's be honest here. We don't have a team to win CL. I do somehow hope we win it. We will need a lot of luck.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Let's be honest here. We don't have a team to win CL. I do somehow hope we win it. We will need a lot of luck.
Yes we do...
Our defense is by far the best in terms of players
Our mid consist of Pjanic and Rabiot who are both WC IMO
Our attack has Ronaldo (no introduction) D.Costa (Who can really help) Higuain (heavy but not bad at all) Mandzukic (Most underrated player in history) and we also have Dybala who can provide great shots and Bernardeschi who isnt bad although not WC either..

We are not complete but we are definitely up for the CL competition...
We need a really good CM to upgrade our mid and a really good forward.

I`d say there isnt a clear favorite now but more of a few teams capable of doing it.
Barcelona Real Liverpool City PSG and Juventus of course are the ones fighting for it

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Well considering he used a new formation 4-4-2 and pretty much played like an Allegri team yesterday, I would say he can be unpredictable at times.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Yes, considering it was mostly the old guard playing, they seemed very motivated to me. Also we did keep attacking for most parts and got super unlucky with VAR.
Allegri had to go - I really like Allegri and think he is a better coach than Sarri but he completed his cycle and players seemed tired of playing for him
As for Sarri - Its only one game so lets see more before judging - I personally didnt like our performance and I`d say that even if we win 3-0 as its not the result but the way we play and we gave away many balls in dangerous places not to mention we were predictable and it was shown in Parma able to get the ball back since they anticipated the move (Especially MDS)

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Ronaldo played in the middle last night, he did not even start on the left like he usually does.
If he is playing in the middle anyway I would prefer he played as a CF and we make room for another winger. I had enough of seeing Matuidi and AS on the left. They offer absolutely nothing going forward.
The problem is the fact that if you look at the best attacking trios in the world, they're supposed to hit +75 goals a season and if we have Ronaldo scoring 40, who will score the remaining 35? Costa at his best, might get 10, Higuain+Dybala at their best could get 25 combined so there would be that 75, but it's still highly unlikely. If we were to get a winger, i want a goalscoring winger ala, Sterling, Mane, Salah, Neymar, Hazard who would be the absolute top of the cream, then guys like Sancho, Sane, Nicolas Pepe, Son, Bernando Silva, Mahrez etc being right after them. They all are able to score, able to dribble, They're fast and able to make a cross/pass which is leading to a goal instead of guys with speed and couple tricks, with shitty end product, just like DC or Berna.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Matthijs de Ligt “didn’t expect” to be benched when Juventus visited Parma. “Naturally I would’ve preferred to play and I didn’t get any clues.”

The 20-year-old completed a transfer worth €85.5m from Ajax this summer, but he watched on from the sidelines at the Stadio Tardini in the 1-0 opening Serie A victory.

“Naturally, I would’ve preferred to play and I didn’t get any clues from training, so I didn’t expect to be on the bench,” De Ligt told reporters including Dutch paper AD in the mixed zone.

“Obviously, I respect the decision of the Coach. I must be realistic, as I am still settling in here in Italy. The defenders who played, Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini, were considered for a long time to be the best centre-back partnership in the world.

“I have to earn my place throughout the season. The first five weeks have been tough on a physical level, but I do notice that I’m getting stronger. Defensively, the demands are not that different to what I was accustomed to at Ajax, as the Coach wants us to anticipate the movement.

“I am still getting to grips with the language and I know some football terms, but I want to improve my Italian a great deal. I’m attending a course five times a week and that is going well.”

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
The problem is the fact that if you look at the best attacking trios in the world, they're supposed to hit +75 goals a season and if we have Ronaldo scoring 40, who will score the remaining 35? Costa at his best, might get 10, Higuain+Dybala at their best could get 25 combined so there would be that 75, but it's still highly unlikely. If we were to get a winger, i want a goalscoring winger ala, Sterling, Mane, Salah, Neymar, Hazard who would be the absolute top of the cream, then guys like Sancho, Sane, Nicolas Pepe, Son, Bernando Silva, Mahrez etc being right after them. They all are able to score, able to dribble, They're fast and able to make a cross/pass which is leading to a goal instead of guys with speed and couple tricks, with shitty end product, just like DC or Berna.
You have to take in consideration the league they are playing in. I'm watching bouremount vs man shity and although the former team knows that they have little chance for a result , they are not defending with 10 men in front of the keeper.
Compare this to the majority of opponents juve encounters in seria a . They always sit deep and defend in bunches, because they know that if they try, they are going to get massacred. So they prefer to sit back and hope for a 0 0 and a lucky counter.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)