Serie A: Palermo vs Juventus [April 6th, 2008] (2 Viewers)

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
As always, im proud to be a Juve fan, No matter how bad we lose!
I think the team played well, Sissoko held a strong center, Some very nice tackles, unfortunitly Neddy got injured which changed the whole situation.
For once i think Ranieri played the right cards in the 2nd half by putting in Tiago and Salih, Nocerino played rubbish last night and made some ugly passes.
I love Buffon, but last night Superman seemed a bit tired, im not saying the goals were easy to save, but were not talking about any GK here, this is Superman!

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Sissoko is brilliant, but his passing is poor.

Tiago did well, but when he comes under pressure he still looks hopeless.

Camoranesi drove forward well but could've been more accurate at times.

Del Piero just doesn't fade, this is his 4th or 5th youth by now?

Nocerino was just hopeless. He talked of becoming a bandiera for juve at the start, but now he's just becoming a bandiera for how not to play football.

Molinaro made some good runs getting into good positions, but his lack of ball control cost us several great scoring oppertunities.

Iaquinta wasn't himself. Might've been his worst performance of the season.

Ranieri gets points for the second half, but the first half costs him points. Not the first time this season either, that he screws up the first half and has to mend it in the second. And please just shut up for once, every time he start talking scudetto... we lose. Frustrating.

All in all though, great match in which we were somewhat unlucky, but had we taken the game by the scruff of the neck in the first half this defeat could've been avoided.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Sissoko is brilliant, but his passing is poor.

Camoranesi drove forward well but could've been more accurate at times.

Del Piero just doesn't fade, this is his 4th or 5th youth by now?

Nocerino was just hopeless. He talked of becoming a bandiera for juve at the start, but now he's just becoming a bandiera for how not to play football.

Molinaro made some good runs getting into good positions, but his lack of ball control cost us several great scoring oppertunities.

Iaquinta wasn't himself. Might've been his worst performance of the season.

Ranieri gets points for the second half, but the first half costs him points. Not the first time this season either, that he screws up the first half and has to mend it in the second. And please just shut up for once, every time he start talking scudetto... we lose. Frustrating.

All in all though, great match in which we were somewhat unlucky, but had we taken the game by the scruff of the neck in the first half this defeat could've been avoided.
You know it. :tup:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Almost every time I saw Tiago play for us, he always played solid and had at least one Pirlo-esque, inch perfect pass. If DP was on the recieving end of that excellent pass Molinaro got, it would have been a certain goal. I'm really sorry for the guy, I think he has what it takes, the only problem he's got is low-confidence and I can blame only Ranieri for that. His man-managing skills are are piss poor, just as his substitutions(bar yesterday and select few others).

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Yes, when has the time and space to pick out a pass Tiago is good. When gets pressurized physically, in one on one situations, he just chokes though.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Unlike barkuss, i do not judge by the results alone,i dont blame him just for the sheer fact that he conceded 3 goals,
i watch every match, carefully, and i watch the replays and decide then, as objective as i can, filtering my pro Juve emotions.
We all love Gigi and i am no exception to this rule, we all hope that he will help us to build a great team and a be a part of it, adding some great, superhuman performances to it.
Gigi is loyal to our cause and blaming him would add nothing to our moral and his!

BUT i dont work with moral, i work with facts, Buffon faces a back problem right now, that affects his mobility and probably his mentality, he is not as agile/mobile as before and he doesnt take those leaps of faith, to try and block those shots 90% of the keepers cant.Even if he is not in pain, he refrains of taking unnecessary risks and i cant blame him for that as his fan.
Due to idleness though, Buffon had wrong positioning in two cases and the third goal was very well, in his range, he would easily block it with a jump, the ball wasnt flying that fast and he saw the direction of her when she was launched!

Though apparently i have no reason to blame him, i do it because today, i believe he could do more, at least, he should try to do more, i gave him that rate, not because of hate, but because i think he could better and because it was the kind of games that didnt gave him the opportunity to prove his value, apart from the goals, Buffon had very little implication in the game, thats not his fault but certainly did hurt his ratings as far as i am concerned.

Our defense is tragic at times, but the rest of our team isnt any less innocent,
the increasing pressure on our defense in the first half was due to the fact that we were totally inefficient up front and failed to create any chances and keep Palermo back, they were gaining ground and in some times the were attacking with the numbers superiority,i pointed out those moments in the live thread, that means that we were tactically owned then, scoring chances were just one step away and they finally come soon after that, unfortunately Palermo was lucky enough to be ultra efficient to every attacking chances they had, due to their quality,determination and our very own mistakes.
Well i dont work with emotions as well and the fact is that we as juve fans especially come to the expectation that Gigi would save everything that has the remote possibility of getting saved. That shouldn't be his job to bail that horrid defense day in and day out ( and thats what he literally did).

Back to the goals:

First one was a shot from the edge of the box curling onto the far corner. All keepers would make sure to cover the near post and the middle and thats what he did. Thats was a great shot and thats that.

2nd was a free header from 6 yards out. So Amauri put all the power in it and he could only touch it for that reason. Chiellini saw Amauri coming before the cross then completely left him, gigi should let it go in so the kid would learn!

The third was a freak shot and by the time gigi saw it, it was too late as there was too much traffic infront of him. Just have a look at the reply from the back where cassani was shooting. I would agree with you a bit that he could've tried to jump for it.

I dont care about the ratings its just that we should have a certain level of expectations from our players and if they exceed it than thats alright but that shouldn't be the norm.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Well i dont work with emotions as well and the fact is that we as juve fans especially come to the expectation that Gigi would save everything that has the remote possibility of getting saved. That shouldn't be his job to bail that horrid defense day in and day out ( and thats what he literally did).

Back to the goals:

First one was a shot from the edge of the box curling onto the far corner. All keepers would make sure to cover the near post and the middle and thats what he did. Thats was a great shot and thats that.

2nd was a free header from 6 yards out. So Amauri put all the power in it and he could only touch it for that reason. Chiellini saw Amauri coming before the cross then completely left him, gigi should let it go in so the kid would learn!

The third was a freak shot and by the time gigi saw it, it was too late as there was too much traffic infront of him. Just have a look at the reply from the back where cassani was shooting. I would agree with you a bit that he could've tried to jump for it.

I dont care about the ratings its just that we should have a certain level of expectations from our players and if they exceed it than thats alright but that shouldn't be the norm.
good post, i agree with all of it.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
If this is the way that you judge things, the i am sorry for you narrowed mind mentality and i see there is nothing else to discuss with you...:soapit:

(BS?? as usual??? ) That means that you actually were here and read some of my previous post match reports??

They said exactly the same thing for Gila in Milan, luckily for them, Gila is still very young...

I agree that Amauri is better than the current Palla, slightly better than Iaquinta and even (probably) more effective than next year's (older) DP.
Amauri would certainly add smth to our team, i rate him as a player and i respect him.I even bought him for PES 2008 team:spliff:
As a Juve fan i have no problems with him and i wish we had him or even better strikers in our team, like Drogba and Henry.
BUT, strikers is not our fcken priority and Amauri despite being good,
he is seriously over-priced and most important UNPROVEN, it is easily to shine in a team like Palermo, as easily it was for Iaquinta to shine in Udinese and for Gila to shine in Parma, but when these players come to a bigger team, they cant come up with raising difficulties and the challenging moments. And even if they do, they are not as good and as shiny as they were with their previous, smaller team.
Very very few players, get through this level and prove them selves in great teams, like Juve, however you like at it, signing Amauri is a great risk and right now, we dont have the luxuri of taking that risk.
You people ignore that our team is crippled, we dont even have a full,decent, first eleven team and we are forced to use guys like Molinaro, Nocerino and Grygera,
we depend on the nearly retired Neddy to win almost every game for us and we rarely ever get to win a game without him making the difference on the pitch.
We have absolutely no cover in some position (like the LB) and zero reliability back up solution, players like Andrade, Marchionni and Zebina, that would supposedly step in when needed, are never available due to injuries!
These are real problems and our number priorities, is to fix them before proceed to further fine tunings upfront!!
We still have one of the best attacks in serie A and the group of our attackers is the least problem we have, those guys can handle the situation, better than the rest of our lines. They proved that if they are served properly, they can deliver.
We need to fix our real problems and our financial situation barely allows to do that, let alone spend a real fortune on Amauri.
Amauri wont solve any of our problems in defense, he wont solve our creativity problems either, as a Juve fan, i also hope that there is a magic solution out there that would make our team fly. But Amauri isnt the answer to our question,
our faulty material and tactics are.
IF we resolve all of our real problems first, then its ok to bring secondary targets as Amauri, Robinho, Crouch, Di Michele, Adriano etc etc

Another great issue is, that our managers are a bunch of clueless, pathetic noobs, that have absolutely no idea, how to run a bif club like Juventus.
We need to make a big strategic plan and stick with out.
Juventus is severely injured, we need to heal up fast and cover the lost ground,
but instead they keep make some mistakes and repeat them.
Almost every single transfer we made in the post Moggi era, was proved to be a failure in the end. If we take a look to Andrade, Almiro and Tiago, players that were supposed to form up a new backbone and help us build the Juve of the future, we will understand how awfully wrong, our managers really were, luckily for us, some of our older champions are still present and they are still good enough to make the difference but they wont last forever and the investments made by the Agnelli family wont last forever too, if we keep being unwise and waste all of our transfer budget like we did this year, we will never grow up powerful again. A solid squad isnt build with a player, but with a solid team, with good players in every position.
We cant have Molinaro, Legro and Grygera in the defense and hope that Amauri will score more goals than they will concede, ffs we are playing in Europe next year!!! And what happen if Neddy retires or gets injured???

And one last thing referring to our youngsters. Juve never really had to depend on youngsters, most of the times they were proved to be "not good enough" for our senior team and we were always powerful and wealthy enough to buy the most promising material of other teams.
BUT thing have changed now, we are not as wealthy and powerful anymore and our future depends to our youngster more, then every other time.
Luckily we have a very good crop growing up and it seems that Criscito, Giovinco, De Ceglie and Marchisio will become players, good enough to play in every Italian team and they will surely find their way in the NT. Ihave seen those players many times and serie b, we had the times to see them play side by side with our current champions, De Ceglie and Marchisio are very very promising players and they happen to play in places that we are going to have enhanced. Since we offload Olivera, Almiron and probably sent away Nocerino and Tiago too, we are destined to fill up our roster with a destined sub, Marchisio is ideal for the job, he is young and promising, he cant be a sub that wont complain and grow good enough to become a starter as Zanetti grows older and most important, he is free. Why would we waste such a talent that we so desperately need? Why would create one more hole in our team to fix a non broken issue??
De Ceglie is also a very very useful all around tool, he can cover positions in our midfield and in our great weakness, the lest flank. He is also the definition of the perfect back up solution for those places and a very hot future prospect. These guys happen to be our most promising material, among with Giovinco and they have grown enough that are already able to help us. We really need those players now, more than every other time, even if we strengthen those players, we need that depth to fight in 3 fronts.

To sign a 4 SS is mostly unwise and unnecessary, give away our future and prospect and half of our next summer transfer among would be a great strategical and tactical mistake, that would lead to further problems and no way out routes.
Why would we sacrifice all this for the 28 year old Amauri,
because he might quickly adapt and help our team,just a bit more efficient and a couple of years more, than DP and Iaquinta...:cookie:

This are the reasons i dont want Amauri and any other overpriced SS of his range and age in our team now, not that i dont rate him.
I am afraid that our incompetent managers and coach, might actually consider that Amauri can be a quick fix and we wont have to invest properly to buy good enough players for every position we suffer and keep those idiotic formations, CR comes up with, hoping that Amauri will be more efficient than our desperate long balls and absolutely no attacking plans. Well he wont, Amauri disappeared in the second half, when his team lost the control the control of the game, he didnt create any chances all by himself as you said, he only used the superiority of his team to score 2 magnificent goals that Trezequet, DP and Iaquinta had scored in different cases, just because he scored 2 goals for Palermo, doesnt mean that he could score 2 more goals for us if he was in our side
and if Palermo had Iaquinta and the later would score those 2 goals, we would still lose the game, i m confident the majority of Juventuz members are smarter and they have seen enough to go beyond this mentality(unlike barkuss)...
I haven't been here for a while but now, WOW! I'm surprised! You're writing in paragraphs :thumbs: :D

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Sissoko was fantastic.

Del Piero took a playmaker role and scored twice,good!

Camoranesi one of our best players.

Too bad we have lost this one,it reminds me on Fiorentina's game.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Sissoko was fantastic.

Del Piero took a playmaker role and scored twice,good!

Camoranesi one of our best players.

Too bad we have lost this one,it reminds me on Fiorentina's game.
i am going to be upset all week, it will be in the back of my head. i hate losses like this!

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Before he came to Juve 85% of the forum didnt want him, now everybodys hailing him, like he's the second coming?? :confused:

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Bla bla bla.....bunch of BS as usual here....so let's start with a set of questions,answer as simple as you can....

Who scored? Amauri or Treze?
Who scored twice?
Whose team won?
Rocchi scored a hat-trick against us in Coppa Italia a few years ago. Does that make him better than Trez?

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Before he came to Juve 85% of the forum didnt want him, now everybodys hailing him, like he's the second coming?? :confused:
Well he earned it tbh, the guy has been playing his heart out in all the games and most importantly has recognised his short comings and try to disguise them. In his first game i saw a guy that always tries the audacious passes instead of just handing them someone who can actually play them. He has been playing to his strong points and getting stuck into everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)