Serie A: Palermo vs Juventus [April 6th, 2008] (2 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
What's so hard to understand, Fred ?
You're here long enough to know that people like to talk about things they have no clue about and they like to repeat what someone else says.
Someone said that Sissoko is not a great player and that he's a bad passer and they started repeating that.

Why use your own head and why bother using your eyes when it's easier to let someone else do the thinking for you ?
:howler: So true.

Buy on AliExpress.com

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
I'm not disputing that, but i dont see a difference between this Sissoko and the Liverpool one, in Liverpool he used play his heart out and fly into tackles everywhere too. I just find it odd, that people used to call him a headless chicken, and now all of a sudden he's one of the best dm's in the world.
To be honest I never really watched him play at Liverpool because well ... I don't like watching Liverpool , but If he played there the same way he is playing in Juve and people were calling him a headless chicken than these people are idiots .

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
To be honest I never really watched him play at Liverpool because well ... I don't like watching Liverpool , but If he played there the same way he is playing in Juve and people were calling him a headless chicken than these people are idiots .
he was in poor form this first half season, but last season he was a monster...Some Liverpool fans i know were even surprised when Rafa bought Mascherano, because they thought Sissoko didnt need replacing.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
What's so hard to understand, Fred ?
You're here long enough to know that people like to talk about things they have no clue about and they like to repeat what someone else says.
Someone said that Sissoko is not a great player and that he's a bad passer and they started repeating that.

Why use your own head and why bother using your eyes when it's easier to let someone else do the thinking for you ?
You'll be surprised to know that most people really can't really form their own opinion on their own , sadly , it's not just on this forum .

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
First we have to ask ourselves....would Capello ever accept to coach such a squad??
Probably not, but is that a bad thing? He would've forced some serious squad changes. He would not have accepted any half-assed transfers.

In Ranieri's case, beggars can't be choosers..

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Probably not, but is that a bad thing? He would've forced some serious squad changes. He would not have accepted any half-assed transfers.

In Ranieri's case, beggars can't be choosers..
You can't really say that. Since 1994 till now Capello never accepted to take over an average squad with only few world class players and with limited budget transfer.

It's easy to say how things would be diff under Capello when infact it's not.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
AS Roma

Now he did have the funds to strengthen that side, but it should still have been inferiour to the likes of us, and the Milan sides.

Capello has a good eye for fixing weak spots in a squad. Granted our weak spots this summer were rather gaping holes, but I really reckon Capello would've done much better than the Tiago, Almiron, Andrade etc.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
LOL Alen :howler:

I'm not disputing that, but i dont see a difference between this Sissoko and the Liverpool one, in Liverpool he used play his heart out and fly into tackles everywhere too. I just find it odd, that people used to call him a headless chicken, and now all of a sudden he's one of the best dm's in the world.

This example and almost a WHOLE season of stuff like that proves what Fred is saying. His stint with Pool was in overall exceptional, showed he was perhaps the best destroyer and tackler in the game. He isnt a great footballer, but a great destroyer almost to perfection.

I really do think his football really suffered drastically after the eye injury against Benfica, his passing was improving and he had added subtly to his game, but then he lost form and it never came back. His first season was amazing, in the sense that he turned a team who were associated with being quite soft and not able to handle the physical side, to a a team who were able to stand up to the opponents.

So to summarize his Pool stint, first as amazing as he has been for us, then he get a dangerous eye injury, is gone a bit, comes back and only really performs against Barcelona after the injury (everyone harps on the Barca game but he was like that all the time before his injury) but in general had tough time getting going. Was benched every other game, lost his confidence drastically game by game and it showed in his game where he played totally disastrous due to it (this is the time when he was called a headless chicken, but this didnt define as a player in overall IMO, even if he seemed hopeless).

He needed a change because Pool wasnt willing to wait for him to bounce up and recover again due to his simple mistakes (seriously astounding how his performance is linked to his confidence, when missed normal stuff, while for us he is showing blitzing moves like against Inter etc), and Pool moved on with Mascherano (football is tough and harsh sport) who is the overall better player (but even then, Momo being benched or getting sold wasnt something Pool fans expected, until he kept playing like a player with zero confidence). Now he has gotten that change and now plays true to how he was before his nasty eye injury, showing himself to be one of the best destroyers in the game, and easily the best tackler in the game.

Thats Momo in a nutshell, him being a great DM with a monstrous potential is nothing new he has only done for Juventus. Watch that clip I linked in this post if you believe otherwise.

P.S I wasnt sold on gambling on Momo, mainly because he needed a creator instead of a DM, and for the rumoured big price tag, but even then I couldnt help getting frustrated trying to explain to those who were exaggerating 100% of how bad Momo is, tried to no avail explain he has shown he is a great DM potentially even if he looked hopeless after he was benched.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Need I mention the players Roma had under Capello?
Rab, we can say that about any coach really that has good players. It's the coach's job to win, and Capello did. There is no doubt that Capello is one of the best coaches in the world, however, he needs to change tactics for Champions League as well all know how it miserably fails everytime.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
What it comes down to simply is that you don't rate Capello and I do, and that's all.
It's not that Dom....

It just doesn't make sense IMO to say under Capello we wouldn't have conceded two goals. Need I remind some of you with the 3-0 against Milan in first half in his 1st year with us?

Ranieri has done some horrible mistakes, but at the same time he has done some other positive things.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
It's not that Dom....

It just doesn't make sense IMO to say under Capello we wouldn't have conceded two goals. Need I remind some of you with the 3-0 against Milan in first half in his 1st year with us?

Ranieri has done some horrible mistakes, but at the same time he has done some other positive things.
Do you remember who our goalie was ? :D

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
It's not that Dom....

Exception that proves the rule :p

That I agree with. If you hadn't noticed, I don't take part in the 'Ranieri-bashing'. I do think that Capello is easily the superiour coach though.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
Capello was winner but honestly , I hated the guy . He focused more on victory than he did on playing football . I'm a football fan , I enjoy it , I don't like watching games that end 1-0 with 2 chances the whole game . I know some people think differently and are a fan of extremely defensive minded football but I just think it's an effective way to kill the beauty of the most beautiful sport in the world . That said , I have to admit Capello was a master tactician , but not one I would like coaching Juve .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)