Cannavaro - 6
Chiellini - 5
Camoranesi - 6
Emerson - 6
Vieira - 5.5
Mutu - 7
Ibrahimovic - 5
Trezeguet - 5.5

Capello - Should have started Balzaretti ahead of Pessotto to begin with. Needs to take a few pages out of Mourinho's book with regards to substitutions. They can change a game when used correctly but Capello doesn't seem to realise this. He is tactically inept and unable to alter the outcome of the game. If his starting XI doesn't get the job done then we won't win because he can't do shit about it. 4

Buy on AliExpress.com

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Stuart said:
My ratings:

Abbiati - 6.5
Pessotto - 4.5
Thuram - 5
Cannavaro - 6
Chiellini - 5
Camoranesi - 6
Emerson - 6
Vieira - 5.5
Mutu - 7
Ibrahimovic - 5
Trezeguet - 5.5

Capello - Should have started Balzaretti ahead of Pessotto to begin with. Needs to take a few pages out of Mourinho's book with regards to substitutions. They can change a game when used correctly but Capello doesn't seem to realise this. He is tactically inept and unable to alter the outcome of the game. If his starting XI doesn't get the job done then we won't win because he can't do shit about it. 4

I would say it wasn't that much needed yesterday!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Vinman said:
We faced a Palermo team that is struggling this season

We faced a Palermo team that haven't won more than a few matches (UEFA and Coppa included) in November and December

We faced a Palermo team that lost their best player, Luca Toni, and was replaced by 2 players ; Makinwa and Carraciolo, who combined dont equal Toni

We faced a Palermo team that has a a coach on the hotseat, and an owner threatening to get rid of its international players

We faced a Palermo team that is NOWHERE the talent of last season....

and we were LUCKY to win

We looked like a bad rendition of a Chinese fire drill out there....

the passes were bad, the shots sucked, the flicks got us nowhere, the takeaways against us were almost laughable, and we somehow won the game

I have to ask myself...did we have a gameplan ????

what are our tactics ???

We really looked like a bunch of idiots out there tonight, with NO purpose

and I think the clincher of it all, to show that Cap doesnt know what the hell he is doing lies in our goalscorer, Adrian Mutu. He proved tonight that he is NOT, and I repeat NOT a fucking winger...HE IS A STRIKER !!!!!!!!

both goals were good finishes in FRONT of the net (btw- any decent team with a good defense would have cleared the ball away on the first goal)

to the ratings-

Abbiati- did a good job in there...cant be blamed for the goal 6.5

Chiellini- this guy couldnt cover a 7 year old girl in a youth game....passing is deplorable...reminds me of the second coming of Legrotaglie...SELL HIM TO VENEZIA !!! 4

Cannavaro- not the best in the air on crosses, but better than the rest of the D 6

Thuram- not good in the air, made Caracciolo look like Toni 5

Pess- cant cover or clear the ball anymore...time is up, I'm sorry 4.5

Emerson- was just ok today 6

Vieira- bad passing, was clumsy out there...disappointing 5.5

Camo- not his best game, but was fair 6

Mutu- Man of the match, scored 2 goals from in front of the net, where he belongs 7

Zlatan- the dribbling, flicking, circus clown shows up again...wont pass to teammates when the opportunity is there....may have a future in the NFL with those powerful kicks which soar over the net 5

Trezeguet- finally got some service late in the second half , but couldnt capitalize 5.5

Capello (3.5) - someone tell me the point of bringing DP into the game with 3 minutes left ?? Zlatan was having another shit game, and Cap wont pull the trigger. The tactics we are using do not work...if we are even using any (I cant tell), the 4-4-2 doesnt suit this team well, and we are playing guys out of position.

This is all a recipe for disaster, and when we face a team that has a solid midfield, and decent strikers, we are finished !!

This reality will happen a month from now, when we face Bremen in the CL...mark my words

Wonderful post.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Thats right...

Jeeks...you do know that Zlatan doesn't even deserve 5.5....If there's something he did yesterday, please spit it out.

Desmond...nah, it has nothing to do with long or short, the guy is aware that with Capello's way, we cant go further in the CL...Bein like Vinman doesn't mean you hate the team or something, he's surely pointin out lot of things that this team should notice....

I just hope another L'Pool dilemma wont be soon.

With this Squad we should atleast be in France.

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
Zlatan were also responsible for Mutu's two goals. Putting Mutu in the starting eleven and giving him a free role on the left really gave effect as we went from 0-1 two 2-1. So how come you people say Capello can't turn a game in our favor?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Zlatan gets involved in the play, both goals were from balls he started. He moves a lot and creates havoc. He does things that create chaos. At the same time he loses the ball a lot.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Another thing you might not have noticed about Zlatan yesterday, every time he was delivering the ball forward he was pulling back and leaving space for Adrian or Camoranesi to come forward and thus giving them chances to score. i think he knows that his finishing sucks and he is letting other do the job.

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
Yes, he needs to better the effectiveness of the passes maybe not always trying to do the hard ones (although he's one of the few offensive players with that ability). But giving him 5 or 5.5 is not really fair.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Chxta said:
I saw yesterday's game in it's entirety, and the honest truth, we played great!
:agree: We played like Juventus plays. Luckily we are not trying to immitate other teams namely Milan, Barcelona and Chelsea.

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
Jeeks said:
Another thing you might not have noticed about Zlatan yesterday, every time he was delivering the ball forward he was pulling back and leaving space for Adrian or Camoranesi to come forward and thus giving them chances to score. i think he knows that his finishing sucks and he is letting other do the job.
Yes I love his new role. He's more important now as he's not solely a striker. What confuses me is that he's not scored yet since the Roma game in Serie A. I know he can do better. I just hope Capello let's Ibra focus on trainging shots as he has a great right foot for powerful shots.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Jeeks said:
Zlatan gets involved in the play, both goals were from balls he started. He moves a lot and creates havoc. He does things that create chaos. At the same time he loses the ball a lot.

hehe....Please, even Koller can gets involve in the play....yes he does creates havoc from defenders after his circus show, as Vinny said, he may play in the NFL shooting like a rocket.

Just for the record also, these dribblin that he tries to make and etc doesn't get me into his play TBH just like the others, I want him to put effort in the game, instead of trying to play backheel passes every 10seconds...I Enjoy watching players like Puyol and Cannavaro and Emerson putting always Effort, rather than trying to convince ppl how good he can dribble when 7 out of 10 doesn't work.

and please dont tell me Zlatan was Involve in the game yesterday....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)