[Serie A] Palermo-Juventus (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Jeeks said:
What more are you expecting? Ok, last night Vieira madea bunch of mistakes, so waht!

Jeeks its not just bout last night...He is a great player no doubt but he has not really played like the Paddy we know in Arsenal.....mabey he is just going through what Zlatan is going through...because both players have hella potential to turn the game around in seconds

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
hambon said:
Couldnt have said it better jeeks... Capello is really great in forcasting and knows when a win is a must and when to take it easy. Example: Milan game, he knew that the CL game after the milan game was much more important. He also knew that milan would be going all out to beat us since chiminti would be in goal. They had some cheesy goals and accumulated fatigue which led to thier loss in the CL...while we won. As for the bayern munich game it was pre calculated by the don. We played well against them but things just didnt fold out well. Capello cofidence in Juve was what got us the first in our group
People will tell you that these are not working :rolleyes:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
hambon said:
One other thing i want to note is that i really havent seen a great game for viera since the preseason and the first couple matches....our star defensive midfielders have not been playing to thier potential...any comments on that??
Good observation. Vieira hasn't been his usual self all, since his injury. Though I'm just reading Mark77's post, saying that Vieira has been playing with a hurt leg. It were just a few mistakes though, nothing that serious. Anyway, I hope he'll be back soon. Emerson has had his up and downs, he usually seems to play his best in the more difficult matches(on paper) nowadays. While he seems to save his energy in the relatively easier ones.

And thanks.

Jeeks said:
We had the same comment last night while watching the game. Zlatan was sending the ball to another player and pulling back, just like a midfielder. And him pulling back allowed Mutu to come forward instead and thus score the two goals. He allowed Camoranesi to occupy his place several times as well.
Yeah another moment I remember is when Emerson stormed forward, Zlatan seemed to stay in midfield and cover for him. I liked that.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
hambon said:
Jeeks its not just bout last night...He is a great player no doubt but he has not really played like the Paddy we know in Arsenal.....mabey he is just going through what Zlatan is going through...because both players have hella potential to turn the game around in seconds
Well he started off a better start, and his form started to drop. Have you considered the more physical league he's playing in? Let us not compare the teams Arsenal face to the teams Juve face. Then he received a bunch of yellow and red cards, have you considered that he got instructions to ease down a bit?

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Jeeks said:
Well he started off a better start, and his form started to drop. Have you considered the more physical league he's playing in? Let us not compare the teams Arsenal face to the teams Juve face. Then he received a bunch of yellow and red cards, have you considered that he got instructions to ease down a bit?
Thats a good point .... he started off with a bang. but like u said he toned it down with his accumilation of cards. Do you think cap might have him crank it up a notch later on in the season and the CL....cuz his old style of play is what really pushed us..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It might be Capello or it might be that he can't take it physically anymore so he had to tune down in order to survive the whole season.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Dominic said:
:disagree:

It's getting really boring and predictable. It's the same I see, after every match. The same negative shit, just for the sake of it. No i'm not talking about Capello's game.. I'm talking about the Andy's the Vinmans, Azzurri7's etc. Why do I get the feeling you have written your match reports before the match has even started?
The trend has become, on this forum, to try to criticize the team in the same way andy and vinman do.
Capello no gameplan? That's laughable. Noone plays as tactically cold and effective as Capello does. Oh yes, we only win because of superiour players and we should play more like Barcelona does. Think to yourself for one moment, ' how does Barcelona win' ?

That's right due to their superiour attacking players. If there's someone who isn't tactically astute it's Rijkaard, with his ajax tactics of simply throwing everbody forward. Teams like that get caught out against tactical(key word here) teams, ala Chelsea in 2005.

Now I know Capello hasn't been great every match, but you can't argue with his winning ways. He has created such a stable winning team. Look at how 'easily' we turned around the match yesterday, where's the credit for that?
It's almost as if you're all blaming Capello for winning.
Yes we lost two games in an ugly fashion this year, but those are only two games. One of them we turned around the following matchday.

A full agree here, my man dominic! Posts like the game review from Vinman, are not funny and I can't even call it a good critic! Its like you are screaming at the computer and someone notes one or three sentences while you are screaming! dude, have you seen our stats so far? As much as I know we are leader in Serie A, won our CL Group and are on the run! Yesterday we turned a game around from 0-1 to 2-1. Vinman and others who don't live in Europe, you guys want Juve to shine in every match, to beat the sh*t out of every team and you want other people to say "Wow, that was another great performance" but you gotta know, that in Italy the result is what counts and in the end IT IS the result that counts! Do you think that after this season someone will say "Yeah, Juve played shit against Palermo but great vs. Parma?". Nope, its the result that counts in the end and in one month I have already forgotten every aspect of this match. In Europe its easier to realize this, cause the media always reports about the reults and the media doesn't critizise the team for playing but. Its completely different. Today my newspaper (okay its Austrian but so what?) reported: Its becoming frustrating for the other teams in Italy. One more time Juve wins thanks to 2 Mutu goals. Now Juve is already 11 points in front! Not a word that Juve played bad or whatever! You guys are acting like little b*tches and its starting to become laughable again!

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Jeeks said:
It might be Capello or it might be that he can't take it physically anymore so he had to tune down in order to survive the whole season.
Whatever it is ...i hope it will prep him up for the end of the season when we need him the most

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
hambon said:
Whatever it is ...i hope it will prep him up for the end of the season when we need him the most
I am sure he'll do what he has to do when needed. Or at least I hope so.

A_Lacki, well said :thumbs:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
A_LAcki said:
A full agree here, my man dominic! Posts like the game review from Vinman, are not funny and I can't even call it a good critic! Its like you are screaming at the computer and someone notes one or three sentences while you are screaming! dude, have you seen our stats so far? As much as I know we are leader in Serie A, won our CL Group and are on the run! Yesterday we turned a game around from 0-1 to 2-1. Vinman and others who don't live in Europe, you guys want Juve to shine in every match, to beat the sh*t out of every team and you want other people to say "Wow, that was another great performance" but you gotta know, that in Italy the result is what counts and in the end IT IS the result that counts! Do you think that after this season someone will say "Yeah, Juve played shit against Palermo but great vs. Parma?". Nope, its the result that counts in the end and in one month I have already forgotten every aspect of this match. In Europe its easier to realize this, cause the media always reports about the reults and the media doesn't critizise the team for playing but. Its completely different. Today my newspaper (okay its Austrian but so what?) reported: Its becoming frustrating for the other teams in Italy. One more time Juve wins thanks to 2 Mutu goals. Now Juve is already 11 points in front! Not a word that Juve played bad or whatever! You guys are acting like little b*tches and its starting to become laughable again!
Excellent post man. Another little thing that mildly amuses me is that, 90% of footballwatching Europe would love their team to play(and win) like ours. But for this forum, our team isn't good enough.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Jeeks said:
This law is for big, medium and small teams. Each is being approached by the minimum effort recquired. Thus a small team is approached with no effort at all, just take the three points and leave the pitch even if it were to be from an opportunistic situation.

Ok, Milan did not tacticaly outclass us. The scored a weird goal (Seedorf's) and the other two came from set-pieces and you know who was our guard. The only problem we made in this game was not creating chances and it can be excused to being surprised, being lazy or Milan just knowing how to shut our attackers.

The game against Bayern was immediately corrected in the following matchday. The law of minimum effort applies again here. The team did not want to make an effort to get the three points in München!! Their goal was to qualify from the group and that's it.

I don't understand how do you dare say they are not working. I won't reply to tha, our league position, topping the group in CL and our results speak for themselves.

Here you go with the silliest thing I've ever read. Why do we have to do like Chelsea does? Are they a raw model that all teams should follow? They ended up second in their CL group, we ended up first. They are on top of their league and so are we. And quite honestly, our league is much harder than theirs. So, thank you, I'd rather be Juventus and play like we are playing than be Juventus and immitate other teams.

Juventus is a team with a character and Capello is highlighting that character even more. I am extremely satisfied with that
you missunderstood me completly here, I did not say that we should play like chlesea, I said our tactic generally is the same as the one from chelsea (certain defensive and make the best of opponents faults). I meant that chelsea is practicing this tactic better than we do, because we let too many chances.
Off course I would not change juve with chelsea, chelsea do not have the character and not the tradition. we agree 100% of that

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Dominic said:
Excellent post man. Another little thing that mildly amuses me is that, 90% of footballwatching Europe would love their team to play(and win) like ours. But for this forum, our team isn't good enough.
This statement made it to my signature!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Maresca said:
you missunderstood me completly here, I did not say that we should play like chlesea, I said our tactic generally is the same as the one from chelsea (certain defensive and make the best of opponents faults). I meant that chelsea is practicing this tactic better than we do, because we let too many chances.
Off course I would not change juve with chelsea, chelsea do not have the character and not the tradition. we agree 100% of that
Then cheer for the team and support it instead of saying that we don't have tactics and our approach is not working. We do play the most tactical football and everything is working great so far.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
mark77 said:
Capello said that Vieira is playing hurt. Something with his leg.

THis is from our moggi..hehe. I think its true ...cuz it looks like he is really taking it easy. Like he is at a scrimage or something...hopefully he will recover

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
Then why didn't Capello field Giannichedda instead? Why play with a hurt player? It's not like he contributed to that much.

I would really like to see Mutu up front with Trezeguet and Zlatan playing behind the them. Although Zlatan seem very strong and fast on counter-attacks when he's up front.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Jeeks said:
Then cheer for the team and support it instead of saying that we don't have tactics and our approach is not working. We do play the most tactical football and everything is working great so far.
it is the volition in me that wants a perfect juve, I want juve to be the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)