[SERIE A] Palermo 0-2 JUVENTUS (21/02/09) (4 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
it was a good game to watch and the team did well in a very tough stadium against a team that is in form.

I like having Tiago in the middle, he spreads the play nicely and he tries to control the tempo every time he could. I hope he grows in confidence more then his influence will be felt even more. His presence on the pitch with Poulsen on the bench proves that he is playing well especially with a coach that would prefer a more solid option.

Sissoko played a very good game and gigi was on par there with him.

And Trezi breaks his duck in the perfect time.

Now lets get those blue bastards

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I am mad at Ranieri for playing Nedved! He did great things tonight, and I am pretty sure he is exhausted now, I hope he makes the game 100%, we definitely need his experience along with Del Pie more than anyone.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
In his post match interview, ranieri mentioned our counter attacks and how we didn't use the possesion well. I agree with him on this and the main culpret in this was Iaquinta in one attack where trezi was free on his right but he chose to shoot straight at the keeper. There were other instances with neddy and amauri.

We need to be a bit more careful with those build ups against chelsea.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
We need to control the midfield against Chelsea to help the defense, cause if we defend like this against Chelsea, we will kill the game, and the goal/s we will score will be useless, because we will concede easy goals, and specially from Anelka. For that reason I believe we should use Marchisio next to Sissoko, that if he is fit.

Guardian

Dec 28, 2005
Awesome goal from Sissoko. Made me cry :cry: Also Amauri-Trez partnership looks promising, Amauri created the goal, Trez scored it for fun. One beer for Tiago too, he isn't the empty pint I thought he was. Although it's not the full pint he should be. Things looks very good before Chelski game. They are a very physical squad, but Chiellini is back. I bet Anelks is shitting his pants now :agree:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
good win we needed a boost, excellent goal from marad...i mean sissoko,also amauri and trez looks like they could work together. great to have trez back.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Marceℓℓo;1907029 said:
Same here.I know why I don't like him though.

Liverani is a punk-ass bitch, no question.

One beer for Tiago too, he isn't the empty pint I thought he was. Although it's not the full pint he should be. Things looks very good before Chelski game.
I just thought of Tiago's return to Chelsea, which is an interesting prospect as well as Ranieri.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Buffon decide that Trez should be captian :tup:
According to David and Al Jazeera, it was Buffon, Ale and Pavel encouraging him to put it on.
How can you not admire this club. The classiness personified :touched:

BTW I'm very happy for Trez and everything but it kinda bothers me that his tap-in is overshadowing Momo's master piece today :eyebrows:

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
With all due respect friend, I think that Pavel's play has now deteriorated to the point where a decent performance from him today now elicits responses such as "he has been in outstanding form."

He may appear to be running more, but I think that is in part because he covers ground very slowly. He can't take on defenders, his previously devastating shot left him a couple seasons ago, and he basically spends half the game trying to draw fouls because he can't run away from anyone. So he ends up spending half the game on his ass.

It's all relative I guess. He was better today then he has been, but I am of the opinion that Seba would provide this team with a couple of dimensions they are sorely lacking... namely, pace and creativity.

Giovinco has produced quite well in limited opportunities, and typically that would earn a player more chances. Not so under Ranieri, it would seem.

Now we're going to see a tired Pavel run out for 90 against a Chelsea team that is light years ahead of Palermo. It makes no sense.

I find Ranieri's sub patterns perplexing, actually borderline infuriating, but that could just be me.
My thoughts exactly.

He is definitely going to start vs Chelsea as well, and 90 min today will have done him no good.

Seba should have be weaned into the 1st team by now, yet he can't even get a sub appearance on the eve off an important match. He has no future under Ranieri it seems.

If this season is anything to go by, Nedved is going to really suffer vs Chelsea.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
I'm going to be honest here, If Ale doesn't perform well against Chelsea then I'm not pointing my finger towards anyone but Ranieri.

Non of the top teams were resting their key players for the CL games, they need to play before hitting the big matches. I'm afraid this is how things goes....

Manchester= Rooney and C. Ronaldo played
Real Madrid= Raul played
Inter= Zlatan, Maicon, Cambiasso played
Roma= Totti played
Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea etc....

I'm really not getting the resting Ale thing. The man has rested a lot. It's not wise keeping him cold before the Londra trip.
but imagine he played today and would play bad against chelsea people would say it is ranieris fault for not resting him...

plus we have 4 really great strikers soo one has to be rested

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)