[SERIE A] Old Lady vs Old Men (12/14/08) (69 Viewers)

Man of the most beautiful match

• Manninger

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Marchionni

• Marchisio

• Sissoko

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• Nedved

• De Ceglie

• Zanetti

• Iaquinta

• Ronaldinho

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Shevchenko: Juve-inter the derby of Italy? NOT! The clubs who won more domestically and Internationally are Juve and Milan.

:tup:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Manninger

Grygera-Mellberg-Chiellini-Molinaro

Camoranesi-Sissoko-Marchisio-Nedved

Del Piero

Amauri​

Zanetti in for Marchisio if he is fit enough.

Mr. Anonymous

Look up & you'll see me
Jan 10, 2008
Gattuso has been one of our best player if not our best player all season long. I was confident of him dominating the midfield.

But we're due for a win against you guys even without him.

And since this year we're playing crap against small teams but good against big teams...we'll get up for this came and get a draw at worse.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You only played against Inter from the big 5 in Italy and you say that you play good against the big teams :confused:

Wait till you play Juve, Roma and Fiorentina before you say that.

Mr. Anonymous

Look up & you'll see me
Jan 10, 2008
You only played against Inter from the big 5 in Italy and you say that you play good against the big teams :confused:

Wait till you play Juve, Roma and Fiorentina before you say that.
You're right! Knowing the way Milan works though, we'll play up for this game.

Unfortunately, Milan needs to play a team that isn't afraid to attack and doesn't stick 10 men in the box to be effective.

Juve is definately that type of team.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Unfortunately, Milan needs to play a team that isn't afraid to attack and doesn't stick 10 men in the box to be effective.
It's true that Milan experience problems when they play against 10 men defense. Inter or Juve don't have these problems and i see the reason in the #9's of these teams, and in the wingers.
Milan lack an Amauri, a Trezeguet, a Cruz and Ibrahimovic.

But you also experience problems against technical teams who do attack. Arsenal outplayed you last year and Roma has been comfortably beating you for 3 years now.

Milan give their best matches against mid-table teams that aren't afraid to attack. (although there are many examples where you also suffered against these teams). Lazio, Napoli, Udinese, Sampdoria.....these are the teams that don't just sit back, but that also don't have the defensive qualities some other attacking teams have, which makes it easier for Kaka to find spaces and play his game.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
This game really depends on which juve shows up. Looks like some of the hunger of the previous season has waned & we could end up just turning up to make the numbers (remember the inter game?). However if we get out with the fighting spirit then we can truly shake up milan. That & pray that Ale will be ontop of his game.

Awesome video badass.

Mr. Anonymous

Look up & you'll see me
Jan 10, 2008
It's true that Milan experience problems when they play against 10 men defense. Inter or Juve don't have these problems and i see the reason in the #9's of these teams, and in the wingers.
Milan lack an Amauri, a Trezeguet, a Cruz and Ibrahimovic.

But you also experience problems against technical teams who do attack. Arsenal outplayed you last year and Roma has been comfortaly beating you for 3 years now.

Milan give their best matches against mid-table teams that aren't afraid to attack. (although there are many examples where you also suffered against these teams). Lazio, Napoli, Udinese, Sampdoria.....these are the teams that don't just sit back, but that also don't have the defensive qualities some other attacking teams have, which makes it easier for Kaka to find spaces and play his game.
And that's the point we're lacking a player like Zlatan & Amauri. Boriello was supposed to be that player. But has been less than convincing.

Although looking the same...this years team IMO wouldn't lose to Arsenal in a two legged fixture. Roma defeating us has been far less than comfortable for them last year inparticular.

Milan last year dominated by Roma...we had the lion share of the possession and created many chances. But we lacked a World Class striker to take those chances. The scoring chances were swallowed by Gila last year. (Just like Boriello has swallowed some this year) But I don't expect the same result this year.

But you never know though...Ronaldinho, Kaka & Pato are still learning to play together. (their mistakes are quite comical and frustrating to watch) Boriello still hasn't found his stride. And we desperatly need a CB also. (and freakin Ancelotti has to learn to there are other formations other than the x-mas tree)

If and when these things are resolved...we'll be extremely hard to beat.

All in all we will be entertained come Sunday...I just think that since we're not in CL, the team is gonna take these games with the big boys much more seriously than usual.

Mr. Anonymous

Look up & you'll see me
Jan 10, 2008
and why you didn't finish in a certain place in the standings last year Milanesta ???
Horrible decisions made by management in the transfer market LAST summer. (summer of 07)

Those dinosaurs as your fellow Juventus fan called Milan...have won the CL 7 times.

I agree we're over due for some more young blood. To help us in the Serie "A"

But the Scudetto has normally been a secondary cup in management's mind to the CL Cup. If they win the CL but finish fourth or even 6th in the league...I think they'd call it a successful season.

That all changed until we got our asses handed to us by Arsenal, and Fiornetina got fourth.

As a result management has no choice but to focus on the scudetto this season.

We need to get younger no doubt...But being consistant at or near the top is the hallmark of a great team. And I don't think that a year of not playing in the CL takes that away when you've won it as much as Milan has.

Winning the CL 5 times in the past 20 years and having 8 appearances in finals in the same amout of time doesn't get erased because we didn't qualify for 1 year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)