Serie A: Napoli vs Juventus [October 27th 2007] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Does anyone know if Iaquinta is fit for the match? If he is, that is very good news and a big boost for Juve. He may not start but he could be very useful if he enters later. I hope for another great performance of him.

Forza Vincenzo!

Sep 19, 2006
Zalayeta: We Want To Beat Juve

Marcelo Zalayeta faces his former side Juventus on Saturday night for the first time since moving to Napoli in the summer and says he wants to win.

The Uruguayan striker was given his first chance in European football when the Bianconeri signed him from Penarol as a teenager in 1997.

Zalayeta never established himself as a regular with the Old Lady, but during his long-spell at the club he did score a couple of memorable Champions League goals against both Barcelona and Real Madrid.

“Napoli against Juventus is an important game for me and for the city,” said Zalayeta.

“I will never forget my time at Juventus but now I am wearing the blue shirt of Napoli and I think only of this team. I have no desire to go back.

“In every game I have played I have given my all and showed courage and character. However you still have not seen the best of Zalayata.

“This city and club has given me a lot and I want to repay it on the field.

“It will not be easy against the Bianconeri but we want to win. They have a winning mentality and although they are missing some important players they have excellent replacements to come in.”

Juventus are without the suspended Pavel Nedved and injured Mauro Camoranesi for Saturday’s match.

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
I convocati per Napoli

1 Buffon
2 Birindelli
3 Chiellini
4 Almiron
6 Zanetti
7 Salihamidzic
8 Camoranesi
9 Iaquinta
10 Del Piero
12 Belardi
13 Vanstrattan
17 Trezeguet
19 Criscito
20 Palladino
21 Grygera
23 Nocerino
28 Molinaro
30 Tiago
32 Marchionni
33 Legrottaglie

Jul 2, 2006
I convocati per Napoli

1 Buffon
2 Birindelli
3 Chiellini
4 Almiron
6 Zanetti
7 Salihamidzic
8 Camoranesi
9 Iaquinta
10 Del Piero
12 Belardi
13 Vanstrattan
17 Trezeguet
19 Criscito
20 Palladino
21 Grygera
23 Nocerino
28 Molinaro
30 Tiago
32 Marchionni
33 Legrottaglie
so Camoranesi will be %110 ready for inter
good to see Marchionni and Iaquinta's return.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I convocati per Napoli

1 Buffon
2 Birindelli
3 Chiellini
4 Almiron
6 Zanetti
7 Salihamidzic
8 Camoranesi
9 Iaquinta
10 Del Piero
12 Belardi
13 Vanstrattan
17 Trezeguet
19 Criscito
20 Palladino
21 Grygera
23 Nocerino
28 Molinaro
30 Tiago
32 Marchionni
33 Legrottaglie
Dont think both will be risked for this game...
We should keep them till Derby Italia :smoke:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think Iaquinta should not start against Napoli, it's Palladino who should be in the first 11. Iaquinta has been out of play for a while, he would serve well if he comes in later in the game, it is much better when Iaquinta comes in than when Del Piero comes in.

Tiago can also be given the nod for the game and thus we should play like this:

Buffon
Grygera Legrottaglie Chiellini Molinaro
Nocerino Zanetti Tiago
Palladino Trezeguet Del Piero​

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
dominic, you live in holland ?
Yup.

Yeah, he's also an Ajax fan.
:lol:

I convocati per Napoli
1 Buffon
2 Birindelli
3 Chiellini
4 Almiron
6 Zanetti
7 Salihamidzic
8 Camoranesi
9 Iaquinta
10 Del Piero
12 Belardi
13 Vanstrattan
17 Trezeguet
19 Criscito
20 Palladino
21 Grygera
23 Nocerino
28 Molinaro
30 Tiago
32 Marchionni
33 Legrottaglie
Excellent. I'd give Marchionni and Camo some playing time in the 2nd half tomorrow, and start them both against Empoli. We should get them fully match-fit, especially Camo, for the game against Inter.

I think Iaquinta should not start against Napoli, it's Palladino who should be in the first 11. Iaquinta has been out of play for a while, he would serve well if he comes in later in the game, it is much better when Iaquinta comes in than when Del Piero comes in.
I disagree with that last statement. I think it's exactly the other way around. Del Piero doesn't have the explosivenes or the pace nowadays, but against tired legs he can still do amazing stuff. Iaquinta is very good at exhausting defenders the first 60 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)