[Serie A] Napoli 3-3 JUVENTUS (Nov. 29th 2011) (34 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Lichtsteiner

• Chiellini

• Pepe

• Vidal

• Vucinic

• Esti

• Matri

• Barzagli

Results are only viewable after voting.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
I want one of Pazienza, Estigarribia and Quagliarella to replace Marchisio in the starting eleven. Preferably, one of the last two. And I'm not too sure if Vucinic should start in this one as well.

Buffon
Lichtsteiner - Bonucci - Barzagli - Chiellini
Pepe - Pirlo - Vidal - Estigarribia (Vucinic)
Quagliarella (Vucinic) - Matri

Buffon
Lichtsteiner - Bonucci - Barzagli - Chiellini
Vidal - Pirlo - Pazienza
Pepe - Matri - Vucinic

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Conte said the formation won't change. Pazienza in to replace Marchisio, Marrone to probably sub in for one of the midfielders.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'd just put Pazienza in for Marchisio. Whether You play Pazienza in Marchisio's role or play him deep and move Pirlo forward a little is a tougher call.

Anyway, I rather like 4-3-3 against teams that play three at the back, like Napoli.

The wingers are able to exploit the space behind the wingbacks are move CBs into positions they don't want to be it.

Fiorentina played 4-3-3 in the 0-0 draw they had with Napoli and should have won the game.

Cerci caused them so many problems playing in the space between Napoli's left CB and Dossena that Napoli changed to playing 4-4-2 to try to close that space.

That change to playing 4-4-2 upset Napoli's rhythm and caused them to be much less of an attacking threat than normal.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Even more potential good news...

Walter Mazzarri is set for a late decision on whether or not to play key duo Gokhan Inler and Edinson Cavani in Tuesday’s match with Juventus.

Midfielder Inler and striker Cavani have both been included in the squad to prepare for the visit of Bianconeri, but doubts surround the pair’s fitness.

Inler sat out the team’s 1-1 draw with Atalanta at the weekend to focus on recovering from recent back problems but question marks still surround whether or not Tuesday’s San Paolo match has come around too soon.

Similarly, a decision on Cavani’s participation may only be made at the last minute after he was today feeling the effects of a blow to his right leg sustained on Sunday in Bergamo.

Those two players aside, Mazzarri names a full-strength squad for the rearranged Week 11 fixture.

Napoli Squad:1 De Sanctis, 83 Rosati, 6 Aronica, 14 Campagnaro, 28 Cannavaro, 21 Fernandez, 3 Fideleff, 8 Dossena, 20 Dzemaili, 23 Gargano, 17 Hamsik, 88 Inler, 11 Maggio, 18 Zuniga, 7 Cavani, 22 Lavezzi, 9 Mascara, 29 Pandev, 19 Santana

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)