[Serie A] Napoli 2-1 JUVENTUS [January 26th, 2020] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
That matuidi cross to napoli counterattack and goal. Not enough negativity or critic can be had of plays like that. What was a great chance for juve turned into a huge napoli chance, by the worst cross possible. For alle the running he does, it should just not be possible to play at juve with two such logs for feet. Sarri needs to man the fuck up and bench him forever or lose his job

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
Yeah checked the statistic. And you are right.
Pulled the number out of my ass.
If statistically didn't look like they parked the buss, the live feed sure looked that way.
And I think most tuzzers would agree.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
I'm not a fan of these cliched terms like "parked the buss". You are allowed to defend in football and they did that well today while still posing a threat to us on the other end.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Irrelevant who is their coach or who is ours. Napoli played a very good game. They had shape and were disciplined in defense. Our attacking trio was given no space to breathe.
none of this is an alibi to concede two cheap goals once again. this season, we leave too much space for opponents since day 1, we're not compact enough, and as a consequence we're leaking goals like never before.

also, the coach is rarely irrelevant. they can thank their coach for their shape and discipline.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah checked the statistic. And you are right.
Pulled the number out of my ass.
If statistically didn't look like they parked the buss, the live feed sure looked that way.
And I think most tuzzers would agree.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
Apologies. I shouldn't have called it a dumb post. And they definitely sat back with the ball lots. I just don't see sitting back with possession, and choosing smart occasions to attack, as parking the bus?

Parking the bus, in my eyes, is ceding possession, focusing on defending exclusively, and trying to hit them on the rare counter. Like how most teams play against Pep.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Irrelevant who is their coach or who is ours. Napoli played a very good game. They had shape and were disciplined in defense. Our attacking trio was given no space to breathe.
No questions were asked of their defence until the 90th minute. When we did, we scored.

It's very easy to defend against a team that plays everything in front of you, doesn't ever try to get in behind or down the flanks and does everything at half pace. I'm sure Gattuso has them well organised but we never tested that.

One thing is for sure we picked the wrong personnel, the wrong system, the wrong intensity and still aren't organised in defence. Why do we still not have discipline or shape?

Jun 6, 2015
none of this is an alibi to concede two cheap goals once again. this season, we leave too much space for opponents since day 1, we're not compact enough, and as a consequence we're leaking goals like never before.

also, the coach is rarely irrelevant. they can thank their coach for their shape and discipline.
We play with a higher line which makes our defending more risky. That won't change so we just better hope our pressing game is on point in the tough CL games.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
That matuidi cross to napoli counterattack and goal. Not enough negativity or critic can be had of plays like that. What was a great chance for juve turned into a huge napoli chance, by the worst cross possible. For alle the running he does, it should just not be possible to play at juve with two such logs for feet. Sarri needs to man the fuck up and bench him forever or lose his job
Worst thing was that he had so much time, he took the ball down had a few touches to settle it (as he needs), even looked up to assess where to pass it to and still hit it nowhere near any Juve player and to the worst part of the pitch possible.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I'm not a fan of these cliched terms like "parked the buss". You are allowed to defend in football and they did that well today while still posing a threat to us on the other end.
Of course I don't say it like it's a negative term especially if you root for the team that wins with this tactic.
Gattuso played sarri beautifully and that was the game.
Important is the result not the means to get it especially in a game like this.
I just think sarri should have reacted better after halftime.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
We play with a higher line which makes our defending more risky. That won't change so we just better hope our pressing game is on point in the tough CL games.
It won't be, we aren't going far in this CL. Which is a shame because it is one of the most open years.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Apologies. I shouldn't have called it a dumb post. And they definitely sat back with the ball lots. I just don't see sitting back with possession, and choosing smart occasions to attack, as parking the bus?

Parking the bus, in my eyes, is ceding possession, focusing on defending exclusively, and trying to hit them on the rare counter. Like how most teams play against Pep.
No need to apologize, bro. When the post is dumb I should be called for it. I don't have a problem to recognize when I'm wrong.
Seeing how they won, we can say they played intelligent anti-football. Probably gatuso recognized that playing an open game would benefit us and not them.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
I still can't wrap my head around starting tridente in obviously a high-intensity game. I mean, how it was supposed to play out in the best case scenario?

Jun 6, 2015
No need to apologize, bro. When the post is dumb I should be called for it. I don't have a problem to recognize when I'm wrong.
Seeing how they won, we can say they played intelligent anti-football. Probably gatuso recognized that playing an open game would benefit us and not them.
He just saw us kill Roma on the counter in midweek. Leaving space for Ronaldo and co is just asking for trouble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)