SERIE A: Modena - Juventus (3 Viewers)

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
hi, Thanks everyone for the commentary (thanks Serio for translating :touched: ) and the news/reviews :)

I read alot about our individual players being good but also that some seam to be not satisfied with the match :confused: So how did we play on the whole? Were we convincing? and how was the defence?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #222
    Maybe I exagerrated a bit, but DP was better than you make him out to be. His glancing header was nice, as was the way he got passed that defender before his left-footed drive was saved. At the dawn of the second half Alex kept possession of the football well with some nice passing and even gave Camoranesi a good chance to score after he went around his marker and gave Camo a perfect through ball. Out of 10 he'd get 6.5 IMO.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #223
    As far as the overall performance goes, we were average in the second half and disappointing in the first. Luckily for us Tacchinardi had his thinking cap on, and Nedved his shooting boots.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    I just saw that everytime we want to strike back, Ale kept the ball too long, while Trez and Nedved has already on target.
    But I kinda miss Ale's freekicks tho :)

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    Glenn's prediction was SPOT ON !!!!

11/21/2003. With Modena playing a covered 5-4-1 formation, for Juve, even though they have an average of over 2 goals per match, it will be tough to open the scoring. However if they do open the scoring early on in the game, then they can control the game at their own pace and even increment the score. Juve to suffer but win 2-0.
    EXCELLENT work my friend :) :thumb:

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    good job juve....3points in the bag :D

i have to attch this pic....:cool:

notice in the bcakground, behind tacchi? is that DP...? he looks...sad :down:

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    Thank the Lord, DP has regained his excellent form already :) Alex really did prove to be a handful for the Modena defence as his dribbling was nothing short of world-class. The sight of our captain gliding away from his markers was just what my sore eyes needed.
    I dont think that dp was good at all except for that chance where he dribled and shot to the near post .

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
    I just saw that everytime we want to strike back, Ale kept the ball too long, while Trez and Nedved has already on target.
    But I kinda miss Ale's freekicks tho :)
    exactly dp makes our attack very slow not like nedved

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    Juve played good in general as usual NEDVED is the man of the match , this guy dont stop running around.

Camoranese played like shit (no advantage for having him at all ) he was much better when he came to juve last year.

I dont know why lippi did not enter miccoli since we have coppa italia game only .

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I tried to get back on to provide more updates, but I couldn't get in. Stupid server.

Well, Bologna-Roma and Chievo-Milan are on RAI today.

I already had a great sporting day with Juve and USC winning, this would be the icing on the cake seeing both of them lose today.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    3 gained points without much sweat. This was a first match in a series of nine consecutive matches before Christmas - five in Serie A, two in the CL, and two in the Coppa.

We looked comfortable from start to finish even though we were troubled by their aggressiveness early on. We also took our time to settle down, before scoring a goal in each half to end up 2-0 victors.

The game was a good drill for the ‘6-star Inter’ match next week as both teams (Modena and Inter) use the same 3-4-3 system. But we should, of course, take into consideration the gulf in class between the two teams. We were comfortable at the back and waited for them to come forward only for us to hit back quickly with swift counter-attacks. Perfect against a side like Inter, especially that we have the best players in terms of one-touch counter-attacks in Nedved and Del Piero.

I was highly impressed with Conte as he was one of the best players out there last night. I was probably the first to critisize his selection by Lippi as I felt Maresca would’ve been a better choice but I guess Antonio proved me, as well as his other doubters, wrong. Well done, Antionio! Del Piero also improved massively as he was all over the place and opened up their stubborn defense with nice moves and tried scoring himself from a shot and a header that the keeper did well to save.

The same couldn’t be said about Camo as he was clearly nervous and committed a lot of unnecessary fouls. He wasn’t concentrated and also lost the ball far too much. Out-of-form? Well, imaginative players like Camo always tend to need continuity to keep up their form intact.

Expect Lippi to name a totally different squad to face Siena in the Coppa Italia match on Tuesday. Giving the chance to other players like Chimenti, Maresca, Miccoli, Di Vaio, Pessotto, Ferrara, Iuliano, Tudor, Davids, Olivera, and even the young Benjamin.

Even though this wasn't our best performance in a Serie A match, but I wouldn't say the wheels came off Juve's invincible bandwagon .... yet !!

For a report on squad rotation, click here

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    DP, If you call winning 2-0 away to a surprising Modena not one of our best performances, then we are in for a magical season.

I would like to see Benjamin play in Coppa Italia, but I'm also curious about Kovalenko, the other striker who's playing very well for Primavera, to see if he will be called up as well.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    Congratulaitons everyone...I'm glad juve's still undefeated and in good form.

Anyhow, I just have one note about the game. Besides me, was anyone else Disappointed with the way we scored the first goal... call me crazy, but i feel that it was so lame. :irritate:

Though i do admit that i like Tacchi's quick thinking and Zambrotta's quick reaction. :thumb:

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
    DP, If you call winning 2-0 away to a surprising Modena not one of our best performances, then we are in for a magical season.
    Did you actually 'see' the match? My Juve wasn't out there last night :stuckup: And in fact, Modena matched us during long periods of time, something I don't want to see again in the future ..

++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
    I would like to see Benjamin play in Coppa Italia, but I'm also curious about Kovalenko, the other striker who's playing very well for Primavera, to see if he will be called up as well.
    I only mentioned Benjamin because he was training with the senior players for the past week ..

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

Did you actually 'see' the match? My Juve wasn't out there last night :stuckup: And in fact, Modena matched us during long periods of time, something I don't want to see again in the future ..

No, I didn't 'see' the match, I was reading transcripts. But my point is, if Juve played as poorly as you say, and they STILL are able to win 2-0 away at Modena, then we are in for a magical season.

Touchy this morning, aren't we?;)

Darin

Sep 8, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Anyhow, I just have one note about the game. Besides me, was anyone else Disappointed with the way we scored the first goal... call me crazy, but i feel that it was so lame. :irritate:

Though i do admit that i like Tacchi's quick thinking and Zambrotta's quick reaction. :thumb:
    i was disappointed 2 :frown:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

I don't think it was lame at all, I felt it was opportunistic.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #240
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    3 gained points without much sweat. This was a first match in a series of nine consecutive matches before Christmas - five in Serie A, two in the CL, and two in the Coppa.

We looked comfortable from start to finish even though we were troubled by their aggressiveness early on. We also took our time to settle down, before scoring a goal in each half to end up 2-0 victors.

The game was a good drill for the ‘6-star Inter’ match next week as both teams (Modena and Inter) use the same 3-4-3 system. But we should, of course, take into consideration the gulf in class between the two teams. We were comfortable at the back and waited for them to come forward only for us to hit back quickly with swift counter-attacks. Perfect against a side like Inter, especially that we have the best players in terms of one-touch counter-attacks in Nedved and Del Piero.

I was highly impressed with Conte as he was one of the best players out there last night. I was probably the first to critisize his selection by Lippi as I felt Maresca would’ve been a better choice but I guess Antonio proved me, as well as his other doubters, wrong. Well done, Antionio! Del Piero also improved massively as he was all over the place and opened up their stubborn defense with nice moves and tried scoring himself from a shot and a header that the keeper did well to save.

The same couldn’t be said about Camo as he was clearly nervous and committed a lot of unnecessary fouls. He wasn’t concentrated and also lost the ball far too much. Out-of-form? Well, imaginative players like Camo always tend to need continuity to keep up their form intact.

Expect Lippi to name a totally different squad to face Siena in the Coppa Italia match on Tuesday. Giving the chance to other players like Chimenti, Maresca, Miccoli, Di Vaio, Pessotto, Ferrara, Iuliano, Tudor, Davids, Olivera, and even the young Benjamin.

Even though this wasn't our best performance in a Serie A match, but I wouldn't say the wheels came off Juve's invincible bandwagon .... yet !!

For a report on squad rotation, click here
    At least one person agrees with me. You guys don't seem to notice how hard DP worked, and at the beginning of the second half when we were looking to contain Modena a bit, he held the ball up well and didn't give it away. In the first half he wasn't that good, apart from the dribbling, but his second half performance warranted a pat on the back for a man that has only just returned from a long lay-off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)