SERIE A: Modena - Juventus (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2003
my worthless review of the match :

1) kamara is good, but not THAT good, but still good.
2) amoruso was desperate for a goal :doh:
3) buffon likes to punch the ball instead of catching it ;)
4) everything nedved touches turns into a goal
5) juve was more concentrated on the left flank (maybe due to thuram's absence)
6) the team had a fairly good game

lessons to be learnt from this match :

1) when a referee gives the opponent a free kick, do not waste your time arguing about it. get in the game.
2) do not allow nedved to take any shots.

:thumb: congrats juve :kiss:

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
Why's that? You have to work on Saturdays or something?
No not really. But As you're from USA the time is different. When Juventus play on saturdays the time is 20.30 here and I rarely get to see them because of that.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #246
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
    Why do we always play on saturdays, it is stupid. :fero:
    We play on Saturdays when we have a CL match on the coming Tuesday. If the CL match is on Wednesday then we usually play on Sunday.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
    Glenn's prediction was SPOT ON !!!!

EXCELLENT work my friend :) :thumb:
    Cheers :) Too bad I did not bet money this week :LOL:

My opinion on the match is that no player really excelled and no player played badly. All the players just did their job without really doing anything extra ordinary.

But it was a nice team match and we always suffer against these kind of teams. We still are first so it's great.

I thought DP was 10 times better than te previous game which is great, though as I said before no one really excelled but no one played badly. If there was anything to criticise him with was that on his chance he had he should have passed the ball to Trez and during the whole game he wasn't consistent and slowed down our attacks. But other than that he's improving.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

Did you actually 'see' the match? My Juve wasn't out there last night :stuckup: And in fact, Modena matched us during long periods of time, something I don't want to see again in the future ..
    somehow we always play bad against smaller teams (but we win)...but we'd notch up a gear or two against bigger teams. so, not to worry.....:D

I thought DP was 10 times better than te previous game which is great
    yes he is...but is it just me or was he really slow? ....:down: he looked lazy @times....too lazy to run

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Yeah I said that too ;) But let's just be happy that at least he played better than last time. Obviously playing like this all the time wil not help, but he has time to improve.

Btw Kaizer, did Voeller really say that about zambrotta? When and where?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    In My opinion... that first goal took everyone for surprise, including myself.

Fotr the ones that said that the goal was lame, hehe well i think totally the opposite!. IMO, we used that opportunity, and Modena were the onluy ones responsible for that, as like thay own coach said, they lost the concentration.

IMO all the players did acceptable.. with some esceptions like camo,,, who had a bad day today, but everyone could have bad days and has been doing very well lately so is understandable.

Legro and Montero were very good and Del Piero, thopugh he was not at his best, did an acceptable job like everyone, and was better than in the last performance.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I really liked our first goal, it shows that our players can adjust their tactics depending on the situation. Tacchi showed brilliant understanding and reading of the game by taking that freekick, and the move looked like it had been rehearsed dozens of times in training.
    There was a man ready for the pass, and Trez was as cool as ice with the finish :thumb:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    trez's goal was ugly. nedved was beautiful. but rather opportunistic. why can't we score normal goals? :D
    Trez's goal might not have been pretty, but if a team can score goals like that when the opportunity presents itself, that makes for bonus goals :thumb:

Unpredictability is a huge strength ;)

Aug 1, 2003
    man, i just loved both goals. but it was annoying because the camera was focusing on modena's protests, and the next thing i know trez scored. damn. talk about bad momentums.

my mouth just hung open when nedved scored the second goal. he does it most of the time now, so i wouldn't be too shocked :D

yes, del piero did so much better thank god, and i agree he should've passed to trez. i dont think camo had a bad game, quite the contrary. our defence was a bit shaky though, luckily for us modena never did capitalise on their chances.

well, we got the 3 points, so it was fairly a good game :thumb:

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    nedveds goal reminded me of the goal he scored against Man U last year. absolutely beautiful low corner drive in. next time any of you are playing soccer on a regular field, try driving the ball from 2 metres out side the corner of the box. see how far you get ;) very difficult shot and honestly, few soccer players can hold their cool and take a shot like that. very precise and accurate shot. didnt have that much power, that we are used to seeing nedved shot with, but it was enough to fool the modena goal keeper. After that goal, i honestly think nedved is the leading canidate for the golden ball. honestly. HE IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!! And it was good seeing trez with a big smile on his face after he scored. but that damn shevchenco scored two goals, now di viao and trez have to score like three a piece to catch up to that guy.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I think the reason for DP's poor distribution is probably because he wanted to come back with a bang; show what he can do returning from injury... so he probably tried too hard to impress whenever he got the ball. It's natural...

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #259
    @gray: You probably have a point, but DP was one-on-one with the goalkeeper, and although it was a difficult angle, I for one, knew that Ale would go for it, and strikers do that sometimes.

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
    I swear after that weird-ass freekick, when Modena got one in our half, I was afraid they'd hit us right back, but thank God they didn't learn. :D
    u're right....i think even they play well against us, they still can't win because they're.......MODENA.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)