SERIE A: Modena - Juventus (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
The match will be on Saturday the 22nd and it should be a good challenge for Lippi's boys. Modena have been a surprise package this season and have a better defensive records than the champions, and will probably be looking to play counter attacking football when the two sides meet.

Both Miccoli and Di Vaio were in action for the Azzurri while Del Piero rested so maybe we'll see Pinturicchio make another appearance from the start, but only Lippi knows. Neddy will most likely play because he'll rest when we travel to Gala the following Wednesday (or is it Tuesday).

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Probably DP will start alongside Trez.

Honestly, I don't think Modena's decent results will continue against us. I'm predicting a thrashing :devil:

This is not a match to slip up at, because we have reduced pressure in the champions league, and we should win all of our 'easier' Serie A matches

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    What do you guys think: will Lippi play DP on Saturday against Modena, or give DV the nod and let Alex play against Gala when it doesn't really matter?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I think Lippi's got too much faith in DP not to play him, esp. since DV's just played for the NT, even though it was only half a match. Personally, I'd play Miccoli and Trez, and bring on DV/DP someway through the match. But most people probably won't agree.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    Del Piero and Trezeguet will start - im pretty sure.

I would have liked to see Miccoli and Trezeguet up front and Del Piero coming on later on.

Di Vaio should be rested for this game.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    You can't rest Di Vaio right now, he's playing far too well.

Del Piero should have his legs under him to play a full 90 minute game.

At this stage of the year, this match against Modena is far more important thatn a CL match against Gala.

Well, let me be the first to porject a formation

==================Buffon==================

Thuram=======Tudor=========Legro===========Zambo

Camoranesi========Tacchi============Appiah=======

====================nedved=================

========Del Piero===============Trezeguet=========

I think that the first 30 minutes of this match will dictate how much playing time Di Vaio gets.

If Trez zombies out, like he has a tendency to do, then DV will be in there after half-time.

If they play really well and are up, say 2-0, then I think Di Vaio will eventually get in the game, and maybe, just maybe, Del Piero could slide into Neddy's position and give Nedved the rest of the day off.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
    tudor.....:wallbang:

i'd rather see iuliano, considering the form that he's been in
    Well, sooner or later, most likely sooner, we'll need to see if this young man can play or not.
    The january transfer window is right around the corner, and Iuliano may be gone anyway. Juve will need to know at that time where they'll need re-inforcements.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    Neddy will most likely play because he'll rest when we travel to Gala the following Wednesday (or is it Tuesday).

Don't they normally play on a Tuesday if they've played a Staurday night Game?

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++

Don't they normally play on a Tuesday if they've played a Staurday night Game?
    i dont think it counts.....remember milaan match? we played on saturday, and milan-anderletch game was on tuesday, ours was on wednesday

gala game will be on wednesday, i think :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++

Del Piero should have his legs under him to play a full 90 minute game.
    Yeah I agree, usually a player has to have his legs under him if he wants to play football...

:D

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    What do you guys think: will Lippi play DP on Saturday against Modena, or give DV the nod and let Alex play against Gala when it doesn't really matter?
    Maybe he will play DP against Modena cos we're already ok in the Cl and Gala is a rougher team, so no need to risk DP there.

Yeah I agree, usually a player has to have his legs under him if he wants to play football...

:howler: kinda a scary thought.... DP with his legs not under him :D

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    i was, uh, kinda hoping for dp-miccoli.. :D that never happened before, right?
    never...i think. DV will get action in the 2nd half IMO....lippi wud be crazy if DV doesnt play.....with the form that he's in rite now

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    to both help DP's ressurection without comprimising DV 's form, the obvious solution would be a DP-DV start...

anyhow i stiil dont think this will be one of DP's better games just yet....... he will be subbed early in the 2nd half ;).. just hope it wont be a nightmare like the previous one...

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    Yes i think dp should play the GS game and not the modena game.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    forxa di vaiooooooooooooooo

he scored a goal today for italuy!!!!!!! :thumb:
    This is another reason why he should play to keep his good form and let dp play the gs game where we dont have to win in that game:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)