SERIE A: Modena - Juventus (1 Viewer)

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #21
    ++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++

Yes i think dp should play the GS game and not the modena game.
    I kinda think so too because DP won't be under pressure if he plays in the Gala game because we've clinched qualification already, but if he screws up against Modena the critics will eat him alive.

Another point though is that Gala are a dangerous team to play against and since they still have a chance to qualify they will be giving their all, and we don't want Alessandro to risk another injury.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    Aug 1, 2003
    oh wow, i totally forgot we have galatasaray. :embarass: yeap, dp should play the gala game, but I still think he should start against Modena too, but be substituted in the second half.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    Yea, its not worth risking DP for the Gala game. In fact, i think even Nedved should be rested for the Gala game. Its too risky. Theres no point ... Even if we lose, its fine coz we can win the game at home vs Olympiakos and still top the group comfortably.

Having said that, i want our unbeaten run to continue - and its not worth losing it to Galatasaray of all the clubs.

So anyway, i think im getting ahead of myself. Back to the Modena game, heres my lineup

--------------------Buffon----------------------

Thuram-------Tudor------Legro------Zambro

Camo-----------Tacchinardi-----------Appiah

---------------------Nedved---------------------

---------Del Piero---------------Di Vaio--------

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

I kinda think so too because DP won't be under pressure if he plays in the Gala game because we've clinched qualification already, but if he screws up against Modena the critics will eat him alive.

Another point though is that Gala are a dangerous team to play against and since they still have a chance to qualify they will be giving their all, and we don't want Alessandro to risk another injury.
    Yes, but right now the most impt is that DP isn't at his best fitness. We could stand a loss for a match, but to loose DP to another injury in the Cl when were already through would be awfull.

Like you said, Gala are more dangerous and they will be giving their everything.

Aug 1, 2003
    good point... gala would go in for the kill and dp just might be afraid being getting injured again and play badly ;) but the game is stress-free for us so even if we lose its no big deal, DP still should start.

for the modena game i think DV should come in only on 2nd half and hopefully if we already have the lead i'd love to see some miccoli and maresca :greedy:

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    Good news in that Trezegol and Di Vaio both scored for their respective national teams during the weekend (Treze 2, Di Vaio 1), it would be like a breath of fresh air for them before engaging in club commitments yet again soon ..

But I came across a stupid comment from Totti (Azzurri captain after Cannavaro was subbed) - when he said that he would have preferred to have created an assist for 'his buddy' Cassano rather than for Di Vaio to score !! How lame is that, when playing for the national side, club colors and rivalry between clubs should be put aside and teammwork between all players should exist instead .. the Italian 'Goldenboy' should've known better ..

As I was reading the formations for the Modena match I noticed some have included Appiah in them .. I'm not sure if he would be in good physical shape as he already played in the Ghana-Somalia 5-0 win on Saturday (WC 2006 Africa Qualification match) and is expected to play again in Somalia on Wednesday before flying back to Italy ..

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    But I came across a stupid comment from Totti (Azzurri captain after Cannavaro was subbed) - when he said that he would have preferred to have created an assist for 'his buddy' Cassano rather than for Di Vaio to score !! How lame is that, when playing for the national side, club colors and rivalry between clubs should be put aside and teammwork between all players should exist instead .. the Italian 'Goldenboy' should've known better ..
    :fero::fero: totti is a f***king t**rt...! u're playing for ur country, u idiot..!

As I was reading the formations for the Modena match I noticed some have included Appiah in them .. I'm not sure if he would be in good physical shape as he already played in the Ghana-Somalia 5-0 win on Saturday (WC 2006 Africa Qualification match) and is expected to play again in Somalia on Wednesday before flying back to Italy ..
    really...? so davids will play then....in case he sucks, we can alwys sub him :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Yeah, that's stupid alright.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Do you have a link to that comment?

I'm just wondering if it was a translation or if it was written in Italian, that way I can judge for myself.

Thank you.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    What a complete wanker, imagine Alex saying something like that...no way. Even if Carsten Jancker found out that his parents were Italian and started playing for the Italian NT, Alex would be glad to give the guy assists, just to help out his country.

If Totti becomes the next NT captain after that kinda bullshit, it's gonna be a bloody outrage. What an utter tosser

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003

:groan:

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    that's Totti.. That's how Roma players are.. f**king Bastards.. and some people blame me for HATING them.. :groan:

anyway.. back to the subject, I think we should play like this..

---------------------------Buffon
    ----------------Legro-------------Juliano
    Thuram------------------------------------Zambro

----------------------Tacchi
    ------------------------------------Davids/Maresca

Camoranesi-------------------------------Nedved

---------------------------------Miccolli/DP
    -------------------Trez/DV

I really like to see miccolli and DV start the match..
    I hope we can manage to give a good match and get a good result out of it.. after all its Modena.. No Offence..I know we should not under-estimate our opponents but, we also should not over-estimate them..

Aug 1, 2003
    well for me, I consider ALEX as italy's golden boy. unfortunately trap doesnt think so eh? :groan: :D

i hope davids will play this time. i hope iuliano can play in this match , he did quite well against udinese.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
    Yeah DV is on fire. His confidence is up and I will hope that Alex starts this game and DV could be rested. It depends if Ale plays badly then DV may come in to replace him. I wish Piero scores. Whatever the frontline Juve got it locked baby:cool:Ez

Aug 1, 2003
    we're playing modena first, then only gala right? so i reckon we should go for dp-trez start and let dv come in second half. iuliano too should start :D i dont know why im so eager to see him play.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++

i dont think it counts.....remember milaan match? we played on saturday, and milan-anderletch game was on tuesday, ours was on wednesday

gala game will be on wednesday, i think :D
    :confused: Of course it counts. Milan-Juve was played on Saturday because Milan had to play on Tuesday, so unless Modena have a CL match on Tuesday, then it's us who have the match on that day ;)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Wait a second, about Totti...I saw the match, and I saw the interview in which he said it. The interviewer told him "wouldn't you have preferred assisting you friend Cassano rather than DV to score that goal?". The journalist put the words into his mouth, Totti was actually shying when he said it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)