[Serie A] Milan 1-3 Juventus [January 6th, 2021] (2 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
Did you even read the link? Fouls are considered subjective decisions. Imo it is a foul as well, I'm simply trying to explain how the VAR works.

- - - Updated - - -

But they do consider fouls subjective decisions. If the referee clearly saw what happened in the incident then the VAR won't intervene. It's another matter if the ref initially didn't see some incident at all. In that case the VAR should inform the ref to have a look. In this case he however very clearly saw the incident and for some reason said play on. It's another matter whether the protocol should be changed.
Irrati did raise his arm to inform the VAR refs that he clearly saw Milan no 10 didn't foul Rabiot. That's why VAR couldn't intervene. However Irrati was wrong so the protocol should be revised. VAR should still inform the ref to look at the replay if his interpretation was wrong. But even if the protocol got changed, you know VAR refs will find a way to fuck Juve. Double standard.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I read the Milan forums. They are proud of their team. Missing players and still played well bla bla bla.

Well, they are the only top 10 team this year's Juve managed to beat. We could only beat the bottom of the table teams so far. We beat them on their home turf. We were also missing 3 important starters (Alex Sandro, Cuadrado and Morata). We failed to beat Crotone and Benevento, but we beat Milan quite comfortably.

I can safely conclude that Milan won't win the scudetto, and they won't be 2nd either. Depending on how Roma, Atalanta and Napoli do till the end, Milan might even miss out on top 4. Another injury to Zlatan, and they will certainly miss out on top 4.
Would be so epic if Milan miss out on top 4.

I read their forum too, they really envied Juve's depth.

Last edited:

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
I'm thinking that he's probably protecting Irrati by not overturning the decision and making him look stupid.
That's precisely the fking point of this system. Ref made a mistake, VAR is there precisely to change it/ make the ref watch it in slow motion or different angle. No one is perfect. No one can see everything that goes on the pitch, there is nothing shameful about it. But with VAR there CAN'T be mistakes like this. Irrati says "i saw it". VAR must say "Well evidently you didn't, come and have a look". Because that's the foul without any room for interpretation, if he saw it, it would have been given as a foul. So he clearly didn't. Or i can opt out of using VAR by saying "i saw it perfectly"? Give me a fking break.

Ranting aside, i really feel like we are wasting Chiesa's potential playing him on the left. I would like him to play RW/RM with Cuadrado behind him. Danilo and Alex Sandro could share the LB/LWB role.

Jun 6, 2015
that's probably the english protocol. i don't mind that league too much. italy is different, var can intervene in these cases.

anyway, that's a good summary of what happened yesterday:

fuck irrati, fuck orsato, period.
Do you have a link to the Serie A protocol? I couldn't find it despite my best efforts.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Do you have a link to the Serie A protocol? I couldn't find it despite my best efforts.
https://www.calcioefinanza.it/2019/10/31/come-funziona-il-var-regolamento-protocollo-2019-2020/

var can assist the ref in case of either a "clear and obvious error" or a "serious unseen incident" in 4 cases: goal, penalty, direct red card, other player got sanctioned (for example bentancur kicks kessié, irrati mistakenly gives a yellow to ramsey). as i wrote yesterday, orsato had the authority to ask an on field review, but he didn't see it as a "clear and obvious error", case closed for him.

i read yesterday that luca marelli was about to post his usual video analysis of the whole matchday this morning on youtube. i didn't have the time to watch it yet, i'll check it later tonight

Jun 6, 2015
https://www.calcioefinanza.it/2019/10/31/come-funziona-il-var-regolamento-protocollo-2019-2020/

var can assist the ref in case of either a "clear and obvious error" or a "serious unseen incident" in 4 cases: goal, penalty, direct red card, other player got sanctioned (for example bentancur kicks kessié, irrati mistakenly gives a yellow to ramsey). as i wrote yesterday, orsato had the authority to ask an on field review, but he didn't see it as a "clear and obvious error", case closed for him.

i read yesterday that luca marelli was about to post his usual video analysis of the whole matchday this morning on youtube. i didn't have the time to watch it yet, i'll check it later tonight
Quite amateurish from the Lega Serie A that they don't have an up to date VAR protocol posted on their website and we have to rely on these older articles to explain things. I think the article you posted is basically just an Italian translation of the document below.

https://www.the-afc.com/documents/var-protocol

To my knowledge there have been some changes to the VAR protocol since. For example this https://letestedicalcio.it/en/how-does-the-var-work-in-the-serie-a/ (shitty) article mentions this:

There has been a significant change in the way the VAR is used in this season. In the previous two years there were many more calls from the VAR room and many overturned calls. This year it’s happening much less.

There is a reason for this. Some new wording was introduced in the rule book. Now the ref can be called by the VAR room to an on field review only in the case where the referee has made a clear and substantial error in judgement and no longer can he be called for something that he has seen and judged during the gameplay.
No clue how accurate that is. However I don't remember seeing referees do an on-field review on these "subjective" decision for a while in Serie A.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I thought it was up to VAR refs to spot a clear and obvious error like in other leagues? How the fuck can the ref call his own mistake?

Hey I just missed a foul leading to a goal can you guys check that for me....

Then he wouldn't have fucking missed it would he?

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I thought it was up to VAR refs to spot a clear and obvious error like in other leagues? How the fuck can the ref call his own mistake?

Hey I just missed a foul leading to a goal can you guys check that for me....

Then he wouldn't have fucking missed it would he?
we can't be looking at logic and fairness when Juve is involved negatively.

Jun 6, 2015
In defence of the referees, it's a really difficult and thankless job. Whatever the decisions may be someone is always going to be angry at you and blame you for some conspiracy (in Italy at least). Usually it's even worse than that as everyone is simultaneously angry at you for officiating the game in favour of the side your favourite team played against. Two sets of fans have two very different criterias to judge the referees performance. It's important that the referees with the help of a supervisor or their colleagues review their performances and try to improve (which I'm sure they are) but I feel the demands of the general footie following public are not really reasonable. Referees are humans so they will make mistakes and expecting them not to is not really realistic imo. Where I think there can eventually be some improvements is the use of technology. Will probably take some time till they figure out the best way to use it and even in the best case scenario there will be contentious decisions.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Did you even read the link? Fouls are considered subjective decisions. Imo it is a foul as well, I'm simply trying to explain how the VAR works.

- - - Updated - - -

But they do consider fouls subjective decisions. If the referee clearly saw what happened in the incident then the VAR won't intervene. It's another matter if the ref initially didn't see some incident at all. In that case the VAR should inform the ref to have a look. In this case he however very clearly saw the incident and for some reason said play on. It's another matter whether the protocol should be changed.
Not all fouls are considered subjective. Neither should they be. And VAR can't decide what the ref saw or didn't see clearly. Thing is there have been cancelled goals for much less and that's exactly what's wrong with VAR; the inconsistent usage.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
In defence of the referees, it's a really difficult and thankless job. Whatever the decisions may be someone is always going to be angry at you and blame you for some conspiracy (in Italy at least). Usually it's even worse than that as everyone is simultaneously angry at you for officiating the game in favour of the side your favourite team played against. Two sets of fans have two very different criterias to judge the referees performance. It's important that the referees with the help of a supervisor or their colleagues review their performances and try to improve (which I'm sure they are) but I feel the demands of the general footie following public are not really reasonable. Referees are humans so they will make mistakes and expecting them not to is not really realistic imo. Where I think there can eventually be some improvements is the use of technology. Will probably take some time till they figure out the best way to use it and even in the best case scenario there will be contentious decisions.
As long as it's human behind the decision, there's always room for favouring the other team. We're always favouring something even we would not to do so. It's a decision after all and in some way, you prefer other option.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I read their forum too, they really envied Juve's depth.
I went on to read Inter's forum. Except for 1 or 2 members who preferred a Juve win and were then made to look like fools by the others, every single soul there wanted Milan to win. We were 9 points behind them and Milan were ahead of them, yet they didn't even want a draw. They wanted Milan to win.
That's how much fear we have installed into everybody in the league. Not just the fans, but players too. Younger players don't even remember a time where someone else but Juve won Serie A.
That's why it is important to keep beating them all in the next weeks. After Milan, Sassuolo and Inter should follow. Then everyone simply accepts that Juve will win again and it will make everything easier for us.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
I went on to read Inter's forum. Except for 1 or 2 members who preferred a Juve win and were then made to look like fools by the others, every single soul there wanted Milan to win. We were 9 points behind them and Milan were ahead of them, yet they didn't even want a draw. They wanted Milan to win.
That's how much fear we have installed into everybody in the league. Not just the fans, but players too. Younger players don't even remember a time where someone else but Juve won Serie A.
That's why it is important to keep beating them all in the next weeks. After Milan, Sassuolo and Inter should follow. Then everyone simply accepts that Juve will win again and it will make everything easier for us.
Definitely one of the best post ever.
Meanwhile, to the people who are backing cavani, thumbs up to you

https://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/fa-...ia-training-at-man/1faui9y3op54c1lirzdjvlmfdr

Fuc the FA seriously for saying that they are “surprised at the lack of social media training”
The last time I checked, one of FA’s ref made a racist comment and a whole game has to be postponed..just couple months ago.

FA’s directors have been involved with African child prostitution for centuries with the ancestors of Sergio Ramos and nothin has been done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)