[Serie A] Milan 1-3 Juventus [January 6th, 2021] (1 Viewer)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
... Also, fuck Irrati. That isn't a 'shoulder-to-shoulder' challenge, Calhanoglu just wiped him out, it's not a legal play just because he was ball side, he didn't even attempt to play the ball, and his teammates brought it away. It's even more stupid than the unwritten rule how defenders are allowed to shove attackers over the byline if they are both chasing the ball. In open field it's always a foul.
fuck orsato too. according to sky, he checked the incident and decided not to ask irrati to review it because it wasn't a serious mistake. what's a serious mistake then

orsato should be banned from juve matches. that piece of shit has been over compensating ever since the pjanic case.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
fuck orsato too. according to sky, he checked the incident and decided not to ask irrati to review it because it wasn't a serious mistake. what's a serious mistake then

orsato should be banned from juve matches. that piece of shit has been over compensating ever since the pjanic case.
They do get conditioned over time. I'm thinking that he's probably protecting Irrati by not overturning the decision and making him look stupid. It's such a clear call one way or another that if Orsato calls it as a foul then the rulebook needs looking at because how can Irrati see it as a good challenge?

As far as I'm aware you aren't allowed to use blockers to shove players off the ball, this isn't the NFL. Without that intervention I could see Rabiot easily buying a foul from the other Milan player who ended up bringing the ball away, such was the angle he was running. So it goes from a Juve attack or dangerous fk to a Milan goal.

And also, you could give Calabria that shot another 20 times and there is no way he places it like that in the top corner lol. Fuck right off.

Jun 6, 2015

As I said earlier, Irrati saw the incident and didn't think it was a foul and VAR isn't there to overturn subjective decisions of the referee. I'll again link the PL protocol because I don't know where to find the Serie A one but I would imagine they are very similar/identical.

https://www.premierleague.com/VAR/goal-decisions-explained

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
With other losing it was such an important result. Clearly when we are fully fit and in form we are levels above all others in this league. Time for consistency now...there are no teams where we should feel as being the underdog.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
As I said earlier, Irrati saw the incident and didn't think it was a foul and VAR isn't there to overturn subjective decisions of the referee. I'll again link the PL protocol because I don't know where to find the Serie A one but I would imagine they are very similar/identical.

It was not subjective. Anyone with eyes saw this was not a shoulder-to-shoulder duel...

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
One of my favorite Juve games in years. I felt the passion again.
This. Last season with Sarri in charge I had lost all enthusiasm for Juve. This season, with a worse coach, games like these bring back a bit of that lost joy. The fact that Milan are relevant again makes it sweeter.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
It was a must-win game against the Serie-A leader, and we pulled through. This gives me some hope for the scudetto, a hope that had honestly waned quite a bit prior to this game. That said, there's still much to work on with regards to our play. It was simply too chaotic at times. But we have given ourselves a lifeline here. We're back, boys

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
This. Last season with Sarri in charge I had lost all enthusiasm for Juve. This season, with a worse coach, games like these bring back a bit of that lost joy. The fact that Milan are relevant again makes it sweeter.
Nah, inter-beating both home and away were very enjoyable IMO.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

remember this?

also it wasn't a subjective matter. i agree with everyone (jay and robee in this thread recently, plenty of others in the live thread too), it was a clear foul. it's not the video evidence protocol that the figc has for disciplinary cases. orsato could have asked irrati to review the case but he decided not to. var is exactly there to overturn wrong calls which directly influence key events, that's the whole point of the system. a foul is a foul, there's no such thing as a "subjective foul" or "subjective decision" in the rule book. var can't always intervene, but in potential straight red card fouls, potential penalties, or when an action ends in a goal, making an observation is not only a possibility, but an obligation for the var ref. that's literally his job.

orsato did his silent check, buddy. he could, he had the authority. and he made a mistake not to ask irrati to review the incident himself.

i truly hope the two fuckers sit out a couple of weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)