[Serie A] Milan 1-2 JUVENTUS (30-Oct-2010) (124 Viewers)

Mar 10, 2009
we've now played inter and ac milan away. and were only 4 points of top, and 3 of inter. If we actually keep things at a consistent level we could end up winning this thing

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I loved Melo's celebration when he blocked Zlatans shot. :D

And Sissoko is pretty much jelly on a plate, I would have killed him if Inzaghi wasn't offside.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Storari - 7 - very, very, very good game today. couldn't do much about the goal, unfortunately, but it seemed like he was constantly one step ahead of their attackers, always running and grabbing the ball before they could do anything (worked well with his CBs today, for sure). confident in his box today and sharp reflexes, as we're getting used to seeing.

Legrottaglie - 6 - quite a good performance, I thought. caught out a few times, but also there more than a few times to make a good challenge. still, he remains third or fourth string material at best. coped admirably with Milan's "superstar attack", definitely better than many would have predicted.

Bonucci - 6 - was pretty decent, overall. had his technical prowess on exhibit today, but overdid it on at least one occasion in a dangerous position that could have cost us. isn't scared to play the ball and I suppose with greater experience he can only get better.

De Ceglie - 6.5 - what a shame that he's been injured again while in the process of a great game (against Inter, as well). gave a picture perfect assist for Quag's opener and was looking so confident and in control in defence. if he continues on this path of progress, we'll be lucky.

Motta - 5 - not a fan. at all. I don't think we have a much worse candidate in terms of knowing where he should be on the field than Motta. brainless defender in that respect, and he cannot mark or tackle, either. didn't do much going forward even.

Aquilani - 6.5 - wasn't overtly flashy today, but kept his role of controlling our tempo and just provided that calmness in the center next to Melo's explosiveness. makes the smart pass, and numerous great tackles. his defensive game has been impressing me a lot. as people have said, this is the sort of player we've been missing for years. we're a different side when he's on the pitch giving everyone that extra moment to settle and do what they do.

Melo - 7 - this guy? what happened? fantastic, as usual. a completely different player this season. very dominating presence in the middle of the park, and not just that, but also very essential in sparking many of our forward plays. that heart, desire and just plain weird character was on show again today - celebrating his penalty box block - utterly classic. further melding with Aquilani, the partnership looks extremely bright.

Marchisio - 6.5 - I really liked him today. his positional sense was superb and he kept our midfield quite solid, as was his job. pressed a lot, made a couple of nice movements and tricks with the ball, some good passing, tackling, you name it. he was a well-functioning cog in our wheel today (it was a great team display).

Martinez - 6.5 - very unfortunate that he may have picked up a serious injury. prior, he was actually putting on a quite impressive performance. he's definitely got some moves on the ball, as evidenced when he made fools of two Milan defenders at once. seems to be having fitness issues here (who doesn't?), but if he can get beyond them, a viable candidate for the wing in a 4-3-3 or in the SS role.

Quagliarella - 7.5 - MOM, definitely. a goal and provided the killer pass that Sissoko almost threw away. his best performance for us, so far. was involved from the off and never let up, even at the end his stamina was good (leaving Antonini behind, easily). on his day he's such a great all-around threat, doing a bit of everything. commendable that he was tracking back to the midfield tirelessly, helping out. just great. apparently he's buying the squad dinner this evening!

Del Piero - 6.5 - frustrated me immensely with his selfish play early on, squandering two great opportunites this way. got into the game as it went on, helping us hold on further up the field, but really, oftentimes was too weak or slow to make the most of it. popped up right when he was needed the most and secured a great result for us. proves he's still useful in a supporting cast sort of role, though.

Pepe - 5 - well, his defensive ability is more than suspect and I suppose his aspiration to imitate Zambrotta will have to wait. a while. at fault for improperly marking Ibra on their goal. not sure what else to say other than we shouldn't try this again if it can be avoided.

Sissoko - 5 - provided the comic moment of the season, thus far. if it weren't for Del Piero's timely presence, we'd be crucifying him at this very moment. gave the ball away a bit (as usual), but had some nice tackles scattered throughout his minutes (as usual). could very well have cost us this great result in the last seconds of additional time with an absolutely hair-brained decision to dive in from behind whilst in the box. liability.

Amauri - n/a - had a few minutes to try to hold up the ball and waste time, which he did a marginal job at, I suppose.

Jun 19, 2006
FORZA JUVE!!!

Great job guys, didn't think we can pull it off, but we did!!!

Man, it's nice to see Melo so motivated. Did you see his reaction when he blocked Zlatan's shot, that could easily turn into a goal
Now you can see what's the difference beetween a player, and a mercenary like Robinho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 124)