[Serie A] Milan 0-2 JUVENTUS [November 11th, 2018] 20:30 (7 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
There's also another interesting (or maybe silly) idea.

Mourinho spilled lately that Agnelli told him that he wants 10 scudetti in a row. Also, when they signed CR7, Ronaldo himself said that he'd try to help Juventus win Champions League in these 3 years. He didn't say that it needed to be done right away or that it was his top priority at all.

If you add these two facts up, it starts looking like the real objectives the club set for the following three years look like this.

1. The most important objective: win 8th, 9th, and 10th scudetto, and leave the mark in history that will never be matched by anyone.

2. It would also be nice to win UCL during these years. But you cannot go all in for UCL if it means no Serie A title that year.

Also, the rumors about Super League seem to be something much more than just rumors. And Agnelli is obviously one of the main driving forces behind this idea. So it's quite possible that in 3 years Juventus and other top clubs won't be participating in Champions League at all.

It means that the value of that trophy will be gone down very quickly, to the level of the Europa League title. And soon enough nobody will even remember it exists. So, why risking the club's long-term strategy to get it now? This also explains the logic of priorities mentioned above. And it explains why Max, who's definitely a very smart guy, does what he does.

I know, it's mostly a speculation right now, but the logic of it looks quite solid to me. So, we'll see.
Lol

Buy on AliExpress.com

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Unless Kessie, Calabria, and Higuain are to be fully fit, there won't be much to worry about. It'll be like facing a midtable team.

Our midfield is on one leg, but if Kessie isn't 100%, they won't have one. And they've no defense.

2-0 win.
Should be Mandzukic on the right in a 433 mostly so that he can be the RM in the 442 defensive shape.
There you go.

Only watched bits and pieces of the game, but Bentancur seemed like the best of our tired mids again. He's working on it but needs to further improve on getting into the box. Big diff with Khedira in that regard. It's even more important now with Dybala as F9.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
We can't use our midfield as any excuse for our style of attacking. Our midfield is miles ahead of most teams we meet and the overall superiority of our team should make us able to play to our strengths, dominate and create lots of clean-cut chances. As so many has said, our attacking play is very random and it seems we lack a proper plan.
But how are we also supposed to attack, with such attacking lineup as today? Why is Mandzukic walking around on a flank and not getting the ball. And who is Ronaldo crossing to from his flank, when Mandzukic is only in the box a few times. And most importantly, who the hell is gonna send such crosses for Ronaldo, the world's best header and finisher? Crosses or assists are not to be expected from Mandzukic, and Dybala is a bit everywhere and nowhere. I don't know if I am the only one who doesn't see the logic in a lineup such as this. We have 2 strong targetman, incredible wingers. Yet we opt for not using them?

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
We can't use our midfield as any excuse for our style of attacking. Our midfield is miles ahead of most teams we meet and the overall superiority of our team should make us able to play to our strengths, dominate and create lots of clean-cut chances. As so many has said, our attacking play is very random and it seems we lack a proper plan.
But how are we also supposed to attack, with such attacking lineup as today? Why is Mandzukic walking around on a flank and not getting the ball. And who is Ronaldo crossing to from his flank, when Mandzukic is only in the box a few times. And most importantly, who the hell is gonna send such crosses for Ronaldo, the world's best header and finisher? Crosses or assists are not to be expected from Mandzukic, and Dybala is a bit everywhere and nowhere. I don't know if I am the only one who doesn't see the logic in a lineup such as this. We have 2 strong targetman, incredible wingers. Yet we opt for not using them?
There are some ways to make Ronaldo dybala mandzu trio work that doesn't necessarily require crossing, use mandzu as classic anchor style target man with his back against the goal and use Ronaldo and dybala as free roaming ss that play interchangeable and with each others.

But nope, we don't play as such, instead we go for random wing play and crosses.

Let me just laugh in frustration.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
No matter how pathetic they become I just love beating Milan!

- - - Updated - - -

There's also another interesting (or maybe silly) idea.

Mourinho spilled lately that Agnelli told him that he wants 10 scudetti in a row. Also, when they signed CR7, Ronaldo himself said that he'd try to help Juventus win Champions League in these 3 years. He didn't say that it needed to be done right away or that it was his top priority at all.

If you add these two facts up, it starts looking like the real objectives the club set for the following three years look like this.

1. The most important objective: win 8th, 9th, and 10th scudetto, and leave the mark in history that will never be matched by anyone.

2. It would also be nice to win UCL during these years. But you cannot go all in for UCL if it means no Serie A title that year.

Also, the rumors about Super League seem to be something much more than just rumors. And Agnelli is obviously one of the main driving forces behind this idea. So it's quite possible that in 3 years Juventus and other top clubs won't be participating in Champions League at all.

It means that the value of that trophy will be gone down very quickly, to the level of the Europa League title. And soon enough nobody will even remember it exists. So, why risking the club's long-term strategy to get it now? This also explains the logic of priorities mentioned above. And it explains why Max, who's definitely a very smart guy, does what he does.

I know, it's mostly a speculation right now, but the logic of it looks quite solid to me. So, we'll see.
Actually, we do aim for CL this year. It has been made clear since summer.

Jan 22, 2016
If we want to play fluid and beautiful football i think one of Cuadrado and Bernardeschi must always play in the middle. These 2 guys can receive the ball under pressure, beat their opponent and run with ball through the middle. Non of our midfielders have these attributes, that's why we can't create shit from the middle.

against Manchester and Young boys we saw what these 2 guys are capable of when playing in the middle.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
We shouldnt be playing with 3 static midfielders. One of Pjanic, Matuidi, Bentancur should be on bench for Cuadrado, Berna or Costa. Otherwise our midfield will be make sideways/slow/boring passes until a cross finds one of our attackers.

MaxSimmons

Sep 11, 2018
We shouldnt be playing with 3 static midfielders. One of Pjanic, Matuidi, Bentancur should be on bench for Cuadrado, Berna or Costa. Otherwise our midfield will be make sideways/slow/boring passes until a cross finds one of our attackers.
Well Bentacur was out of this planet vs Milan, I really liked his performance and hope that he will have enough playing time so to keep his form

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
From milan forum, their choice for best players against Juve:
"1. Bakayoko
2. Rodriguez
3. Abate

Special mention: Zapata's face (crucial blocks)"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)