[Serie A] Milan 0-2 JUVENTUS [November 11th, 2018] 20:30 (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If you think complaining will stop after a CL win then I've got news for you... Football fans will always have things to say, and you'll be surprised how much of it will be negative.
Absolutely. The folks complaining will simply move on to complaining about how the club isn't doing enough to ensure the team stays at the top. Will poor over some moment in the 1/4 match where opposing side almost scored and say we got lucky there and could have easily been knocked out. They'll complain when we move on aging players to refresh the squad. They'll complain about the coach that replaces Allegri. They'll complain about the club's post win statement

There will always be ample to complain about for those so inclined. FFS we are 14-1-1 in competitive matches 6 point lead in Serie A and top of our CL group in November and some would have you think this is a crisis

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Well, the club almost officially set this goal. So it's quite natural that every game is perceived through the magnifying glass of the Champions League trophy, even if it's a game against Genoa or Milan. People look at the team's performance and ask themselves: "Would the Champions League winners have played like this even in such an unimportant game?" Often times the answer is "hell no!" And that's disturbing, to say the least.
This, basically the way we behave on the field with allegri is like he's still managing Cagliari, after all these years since he moved from there.

CL wise, for us, this season have high chance to be even worse than those 5 lost finals, because our stable competitor is only city now, with every other contenders look vulnerable.

Seeing city win that trophy would be :sergio: of epic proportion for us.

Insanity that we have cr7 now but still manage to not have a real edge on the field.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
The reason to why our passing is poor is 50% our midfield and 50% Allegri.

Our midfield just isn’t that good compared to the other big clubs in Europe. Real, Barca, Bayern and City all comfortably have a better midfield than us. This is my main worry for the latter stages of the Champions League.

However, even if we had De Bruyne and Silva, I still don’t think we would play dominant/beautiful football just because Allegri is just not that kind of manager. He’s not Pep Guardiola.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Midfield is the weakest point for this team. We no longer able to create many chances from middle and always need to rely on crosses.
Our current squad with MVPP midfield would be so dope. I still think our 2015 CL final squad played better football than this current squad

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Before the previous international break the team played against Bologna (I guess). It was an impressive display: fluidity, speed, one-touch passes, pressure, intensity, etc. It was indeed a performance of the top team. So Max clearly knows how to play this way. But for some reason (conserving energy, etc.) he prefers not to do this regularly.

One of his strengths is the ability to use many tactics instead of sticking to a single one. But, as it often happens, his biggest strength is his biggest weakness. When your team always rotate tactics, and as a main one use that "conserving energy" one, you can never be sure that they will be able to flawlessly switch to the "top team" tactics when it's crucial to use, like in the UCL final.

If you want to be sure that your team will steamroll ANY opponent, your team have to steamroll EVERY opponent. Like RM, FCB, BM and other top teams in their best years did. Otherwise your guys won't be simply experienced enough in using that mode. And because of this, even though your team are capable of such performance on paper, they will likely fail to show it when the stakes are really high, like in the UCL final. Because when you're nervous, it's better to do what you're used to.

And this is what already happened to Max. Yet he doesn't seem to have realized this obvious state of things.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Midfield is the weakest point for this team. We no longer able to create many chances from middle and always need to rely on crosses.
Our current squad with MVPP midfield would be so dope. I still think our 2015 CL final squad played better football than this current squad
It would be unbeatable.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Before the previous international break the team played against Bologna (I guess). It was an impressive display: fluidity, speed, one-touch passes, pressure, intensity, etc. It was indeed a performance of the top team. So Max clearly knows how to play this way. But for some reason (conserving energy, etc.) he prefers not to do this regularly.

One of his strengths is the ability to use many tactics instead of sticking to a single one. But, as it often happens, his biggest strength is his biggest weakness. When your team always rotate tactics, and as a main one use that "conserving energy" one, you can never be sure that they will be able to flawlessly switch to the "top team" tactics when it's crucial to use, like in the UCL final.

If you want to be sure that your team will steamroll ANY opponent, your team have to steamroll EVERY opponent. Like RM, FCB, BM and other top teams in their best years did. Otherwise your guys won't be simply experienced enough in using that mode. And because of this, even though your team are capable of such performance on paper, they will likely fail to show it when the stakes are really high, like in the UCL final. Because when you're nervous, it's better to do what you're used to.

And this is what already happened to Max. Yet he doesn't seem to have realized this obvious state of things.
Because evidence points to that our top team mode is simply coincidence based on players mood and skills rather than anything close to a drilled plan from the coaching team. You just don't coach a team to have bipolar play styles that only switched on to the good mode at random, surely this team sport doesn't work that way.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
There's also another interesting (or maybe silly) idea.

Mourinho spilled lately that Agnelli told him that he wants 10 scudetti in a row. Also, when they signed CR7, Ronaldo himself said that he'd try to help Juventus win Champions League in these 3 years. He didn't say that it needed to be done right away or that it was his top priority at all.

If you add these two facts up, it starts looking like the real objectives the club set for the following three years look like this.

1. The most important objective: win 8th, 9th, and 10th scudetto, and leave the mark in history that will never be matched by anyone.

2. It would also be nice to win UCL during these years. But you cannot go all in for UCL if it means no Serie A title that year.

Also, the rumors about Super League seem to be something much more than just rumors. And Agnelli is obviously one of the main driving forces behind this idea. So it's quite possible that in 3 years Juventus and other top clubs won't be participating in Champions League at all.

It means that the value of that trophy will be gone down very quickly, to the level of the Europa League title. And soon enough nobody will even remember it exists. So, why risking the club's long-term strategy to get it now? This also explains the logic of priorities mentioned above. And it explains why Max, who's definitely a very smart guy, does what he does.

I know, it's mostly a speculation right now, but the logic of it looks quite solid to me. So, we'll see.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Fun fact, since moving to the J Stadium, Juve’s record against Milan in all competitions is 17 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats.
Must be 3 losses if it's in all competitions. We lost to them in Supercoppa once and Serie A twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
2018/19 attack

2014/15 midfield

2016/17 defence

:tuttosport:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)