Serie A: Livorno vs Juventus [Jan 27 2008] (2 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Despite a dire performance once again, the good result was easily achieved. In the first half especially our better players looked frustrated to be playing in such a poor team, which is quite worrying and telling. These better players were able to make the difference. Despite a good result and some nice goals, this game really showed our shortcomings again and illustrated why we aren't real title contenders.

I hope Camoranesi will be able to add some structure to our midfield starting from next week, ditto with Chiellini at the back. It's really neceassary anyway.

Belardi 6.5
We were worried before kick-off, but he put in a strong performance. Some nice and crucial saves, he looked confident and he tried to keep the defenders sharp. A personality.

Salihamidzic 5 (Birindelli 5.5 who was solid)
Was a bit of a headless chicken out there. Ran a lot, but it all led to little. His passing and crossing wasn't precise and he was caught out of position defensively.

Legrottaglie 5.5
Have come to expect better of him lately. He should be leading the defence, but it's organisation was a mess. Still made some strong interventions, but should really do better.

Grygera 5
Not that much to say, he's just below par. Not a central defender( a poor fullback too though).

Molinaro 6
The much maligned Molinaro.. His game has a lot of faults.
His passing really is below par, but his technique is good, he is very fast, lively and he saved our asses in the defence more than once today. Most of our attacks surprisingly start with him(though that does say a lot about the current state of our team). He needs to improve, but he has aspects in his game he can build on.

Palladino 5.5
Poor performance really. He gets points for working hard in a position that isn't his and he improved as the match wore on. Good contribution to the third goal.

Nocerino 5.5
Sloppy again, but still intercepts a lot of balls and made life difficult for livorno with his hassling work. Lively, but inprecise. At some moments he looks like a skilled veteran and the next like a schoolboy playing with the big boys. Perhaps Sissoko's arrival will make fight more and thus sharper.

Zanetti 7.5
I'd argue that he has been our most valuable player this season. He singlehandedly masks our defensive and midfield problems. On top of that he pulls magical assists out of nowhere. Excellent.

Nedved 6
Unspectacular, but did nothing wrong either. Moved well and passed well. He looked frustrated with certain teammates at times, at least that's the impression I got.

Del Piero 7
Couldn't really make a difference in the first half, despite hard work and some good moves. Found his touch in the second half though, good goal and great assist. His technique and fantasy is still top-notch.

Trezeguet 7+
Vintage Trezeguet, great goals.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
Did I said that he`s sh*t?No...I think he`s ~good player when he plays his possiton.But how can someone even say that he can be Nedved`s replacement...
i never said you did either, i ws just saying genrally that hes a good player and for that reason should not be wasted.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Despite a dire performance once again, the good result was easily achieved. In the first half especially our better players looked frustrated to be playing in such a poor team, which is quite worrying and telling. These better players were able to make the difference. Despite a good result and some nice goals, this game really showed our shortcomings again and illustrated why we aren't real title contenders.
The paragraph sums up everything about our clueless play & you Dominic have highlighted a very worrying aspect in our team. The talented players just can't be made to suffer like this. When Livorno got a red card I was hoping Ranieri will introduce some changes - try out something new, shuffle up the team a little.

vladale

Jan 21, 2008
Livorno played a good game and things could have gone differently if they had taken full advantage of the opportunities they created in the early stages of the game. If there is consolation for the home fans, it's that in the end this result barely dents the Amaranti’s survival hopes as it is the first defeat in three months.

Full Goal Article

Trezeguet: We Showed Character

"I feel fine," declared the French striker at the end of the game. "Against Livorno we have offered a game of character and we have won three important points for the standings."

Trezeguet hailed the performances of goalkeeper Belardini and attacking partner Del Piero who gave him a great assist for his second goal of the night.

"The second goal was very nice; me and Alessandro (Del Piero) have a good understanding. Belardini gave a very important contribution."

Trezegol's main thoughts now go towards the second leg of the Coppa Italia against Inter.

"We must recover because on Wednesday a great game awaits us," concluded Serie A's top goal-scorer.

Source: Goal

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Not a very encouraging 1st half, as Livorno were a bit unlucky to not grab a goal.

Our defense was unorganized, with Brazzo getting caught a few times and it almost costing us. Grygera was ok, but nothing special. He doesn't strike me as a steady player at the back. He did his job, but there were a few times where he had me worried. Legro did slightly worse than what we have come to expect of him this season, but he still made some crucial interception's. Molinaro, more of the same. Offensively, he still cant cross and gives the ball away to much. Defensively, he actually made some good plays today. He work's hard but his decision making going forward needs to improve.

Zanetti, MOTM. He is easily our most reliable player. I cant imagine how our midfield would work without him. Palladino improved as the game went on, but he still looks uncomfortable on the wings. Ranieri needs to start playing him upfront. Nocerino, typical performance of the last few games. Breaks up play alot, hustles, but gives the ball away to much. Nedved, decent, but nothing spectacular. He can do better, but it was still a decent performance. It's hard to get going on the left with Molinaro. They get in each other's way alot.

Del Piero and Trez, awesome. The link up on the 3rd goal is only something a veteran partnership can pull off. Nice play, nice finish.

Anyways, its 3 pts. Not the prettiest 1st half, but the class of Zanetti, Del Piero and Trezeuguet was enough.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
i beleive the team performed ok under the circumstances. we create a few good chances and were attacking pretty well. the first half had a few good chances at goal for us and livorno. good 1st goal by trez that what was seperating us at the break. second half we got another with a great counter attack and finish by del piero. the third goal was definetly one of the best plays ive seen from juve in a while the golden duo of del piero and trez strike again. definetly goal of the round if not candidate for the season.

while still in ten men after the sending off. IMO rightly so. livorno pulled one back and looked menacing very late on.

after the 3-0 i expected more goals. but it wasnt as easy as i thought it would be, livorno never gave up. as i said i think we couldve of played better.

now to ranieri the subs were a bit better this time although personally i think he shouldve played the trident when he put on Iaquinta. as for the last sub the i beleive he is a primavera player. i wouldve liked to see him come on earlier. because he did show a glimpse of talent when he slid in and had glimpse at goal.

sadly zanetti will skip the cagliari match

im happy inter were stopped against udine. although it wont change much. when i was watching the game i saw 3 very good players. it think inler,felipe and lugovic are very good players and should be watched.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
i would also like to say belardi played very well and didnt let us down. also congratz to the primavera kid for his first game in juve seniors

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Zanetti will skip the Cagliari game?
Yes, now it's confirmed. He's suspended for one match.

It's good he'll miss it , imo. We know how easily refs give cards to Zanetti and since he was 1 yellow away from susepnsion it's better he got it now instead getting it in one of next 2 matches. That way he would have missed one of Udinese or Roma.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, now it's confirmed. He's suspended for one match.

It's good he'll miss it , imo. We know how easily refs give cards to Zanetti and since he was 1 yellow away from susepnsion it's better he got it now instead getting it in one of next 2 matches. That way he would have missed one of Udinese or Roma.
Shit. Well, Sissoko's time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)