[Serie A] Livorno 1-1 JUVENTUS (February 6th, 2010) (30 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
Everyone was so outraged at the thought of dropping Diego for someone like Giovinco, because it was his first point. Nobody had time to get to the second point.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If we are to field a three man defence then I would go only this way

Buffon
Caceres Cannavaro Chiellini
Candreva Melo Sissoko Giovinco
Diego
Amauri Del Piero​
Not bad for a three man defense, but with this current squad I would stick with four.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Its funny how the dropping Diego got more attention than the wide midfield with three CBs
He's hardly the first person to bring up playing with 3 at the back.

Buffon
Diego
Amauri Del Piero​
There's no way I'd play Giovinco in that position. It involves too much defending.

Thats what I thought, but I don't see Zaccheroni changing our defense from what it is. We just don't have the players IMO for Zacch's typical formations.

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: Thank you.

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009

Buffon
Diego
Amauri Del Piero​
In this formation, this place is for wing-backs not for attacking wingers.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
now with proper preperation we will see what zach can do, many need to relax if we are going to not give him a chance based on a draw in the last match.

he had little to no preperation last game at lease he will have some now, he isnt the worlds best coach but hopefully he can do the job.

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009

33 - 5 - 3
2 - 26 - 4- 29
28 - 20

or

33 - 5 - 3
2 - 26 - 29
11 - 10

what I would like to see is the 4-2-3-1 that attacks as 4-1-3-2 where Diego pulls up to assist Amauri :)sergio: ) and Candreva fills the hole

2 - 5 - 3 - 29
26 - 4
32 - fil - 20
11- fill

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Buffon
Diego
Amauri Del Piero​
Ideal. I would really consider this in Zac's place.

Except that I would play Legro for Fabio.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
That formation is way too attacking with Candreva and Giovinco. It'll be Cáceres and De Ceglie on the sides, with Legro filling in that 3rd spot at the back.

I hope I'm wrong.. but if we were to go for a 3 man defense, that's probably it and to be fair, I don't like it one bit.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
That formation is way too attacking with Candreva and Giovinco. It'll be Cáceres and De Ceglie on the sides, with Legro filling in that 3rd spot at the back.

I hope I'm wrong.. but if we were to go for a 3 man defense, that's probably it and to be fair, I don't like it one bit.
I suspect it might be Grygera. Other than that, I fully agree.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Then what's the use of playing 3man defense?

Candreva like Giovinco is pretty fast and not a bad dribbler at all. The more we think offensively the more we are going to control the midfield.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Then what's the use of playing 3man defense?

Candreva like Giovinco is pretty fast and not a bad dribbler at all. The more we think offensively the more we are going to control the midfield.
Exactly, there is no point in using it if we're going to field 2 full-backs in midfield, making it basically 5 'defenders'. But I'm afraid that's what we'll see, as Zacc will probably feel the sides are too open with Gio or Candreva there, as they're both not very strong defensively.

Good thing about both Cáceres and De Ceglie is obviously that they can run all game long and get more opportunities to storm forward, but they're both really not the kind of players we'd all like to see giving Diego a hand when it comes to creativity.

I just wish for a 4-2-3-1... but it's not going to happen is it.. :frown2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)