[Serie A] Lecce vs. Juventus (6 Viewers)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Akerman ] ++

I agree. I also want to see Zlatan benched for a while. But people even seem to be considering selling him.
give Zlatan some time, take a look at kaka with milan. he had real trouble at the start of his second season with milan.
Zlatan is the future of juve. he will get strong soon. belive me.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Maresca ] ++

I am sure that DP will start tomorrow rab. actionly he must start.:D
Lets hope so bro, he actually deserve a starting 11 ATM....so Capello better give him the start tomorrow.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

The problem in the Bayern match was not Zlatan, nor Trez, it was Nedved, Camoranesi, Emerson & Giannichedda.
Not exactly true...Zlatan gave the ball away six straight times in the second half, and really looked poor. You would be foolish to say it was not partly Zlatan's fault for the loss...same as every player as far as I'm concerned.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Funny how people have lost all faith for Zlatan after the Messina & Bayern-games. No one even seems to be considering the statistics that Ibra and Trez have performed the best out of all duos this year.

The problem in the Bayern match was not Zlatan, nor Trez, it was Nedved, Camoranesi, Emerson & Giannichedda.
i didnt lose faith in him..in fact its the opposite, sitting on the bench more often will be for the better good.He will benefit from this.From wat i see and read, zlatan isnt the most down to earth player,so this is somehow affecting his game.So mybe a time on the sidelines between now and then wont do him any harm.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++

Trezeguet arrived at Juventus during season 00/01 Lippi was not the coach. It Ancelotti was at that time.
Trezeguet was a sub for Inzaghi NOT Del Piero. Trezeguet Cannot be Del Piero's sub he is a finisher not assistant striker.

When Lippi returned the season after, Inzaghi was sold during the preseason and Trezeguet and Del Piero became our main forward power. Trezeguet became top scorer in the Serie A with 24 goals tied with Hobner.
my mistake... ur right i remember just got confused.But again i remember we had players like Di Vaio at one time, and he didnt get a chance with capello.He was very good when he first came and scored some important goals.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Capello looks to Del Piero Saturday 22 October, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus may have lost their unbeaten record, but Fabio Capello is confident they’ll make it eight Serie A wins on the trot at Lecce and looks to Alex Del Piero.

“Our opponents have realised we’re not unbeatable, but to be honest we were always aware of that and kept our feet firmly on the ground,” noted the Coach after their 2-1 loss to Bayern Munich. “We have always analysed our defeats and must now boil it down so that we can learn from it and get back to winning ways.”

The Bianconeri had won their opening nine games between the domestic and European challenges, but are still on track to match the club record of winning the first eight Serie A fixtures. It’s a feat not achieved since Giovanni Trapattoni’s side in 1985-86.

However, with a midweek round coming up, he could be tempted to rotate the squad and give Zlatan Ibrahimovic a rest in favour of Del Piero.

“In these last few days I saw Del Piero on fine form and there could be space for him tomorrow, but we’ll only decide in the morning,” said a cagey Capello. The Juve captain was surprisingly left on the bench for Wednesday’s defeat in Germany and many claim it was an unwise decision.

“We only lost that game due to two unlucky incidents. Those who say we struggled because we didn’t start with Del Piero, or that Patrick Vieira was missing, are making pointless statements. We’ve done well without these players before.”

The Bianconeri are undoubtedly the favourites to earn victory at the Stadio Via del Mare on Sunday afternoon, as Lecce are finding it tough after the departure of Zdenek Zeman.

“This is a strong team and they have done well in recent games,” insisted the Juve boss. “This match will not be a foregone conclusion by any means.”

The injury crisis has been intensified by international duty and another row is brewing for France’s planned friendly tie with Martinique. As they are already qualified for the World Cup, the players have the option to reject a call-up.

“We also join in the protest of other club Coaches. This time we have the upper hand, as the rules speak clearly in our favour. It’s pointless talking about this now and we’ll avoid a battle, as we just want to find a reasonable solution for everyone.”

Juventus squad: 3 Chiellini, 6 Kovac, 7 Pessotto, 8 Emerson, 9 Ibrahimovic, 10 Del Piero, 11 Nedved, 12 Chimenti, 14 Balzaretti, 15 Criscito, 16 Camoranesi, 17 Trezeguet, 18 Mutu, 19 Zambrotta, 20 Blasi, 22 Bonnefoi, 23 Giannichedda, 25 Zalayeta, 26 Gladstone, 28 Cannavaro, 32 Abbiati

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
There's one reason that I'd like Ibra to play this game, and that might be that he needs to score in the Serie A, for the best of himself and the team. He might want to repeat the spring's feat vs Lecce. Ibra - DP for this game, with Mutu behind IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)