[Serie A] Lecce vs. Juventus (1 Viewer)

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Yep. Cap doesn't seem to believe that Mutu and DP are good enough to play against Europe's top teams. Regardless of form he picks Trezeguet and Ibrahimovic in the big games.
Which is odd, TBH.

I mean what would they have to do to get a regular starting assignment?--score 5 goals every match?:down:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Diego

Aug 30, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Yep. Cap doesn't seem to believe that Mutu and DP are good enough to play against Europe's top teams. Regardless of form he picks Trezeguet and Ibrahimovic in the big games.
Yes and that's why I hate Capello! And miss Lippi! He's the king:) He would have benched zlatan 2 games ago and used del piero-trez and mutu. I'm sure!!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Diego ] ++

Yes and that's why I hate Capello! And miss Lippi! He's the king:) He would have benched zlatan 2 games ago and used del piero-trez and mutu. I'm sure!!
and how do u know that ?i remember he was playing del piero when he was out of form

Mindcandy

Aug 4, 2005
Is Vieira out for this one?

If he is, winning will be slightly harder.

Midfield as ever, will prove decisive.

That said, whatever Capello does selectionwise, I'm expecting us to score at least 2 goals. We need to restore that winning mentality.

Prediction

Lecce 1 - Juventus 3

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++

and how do u know that ?i remember he was playing del piero when he was out of form
Yep. And while I still have a soft spot for Lippi, the man was reaching the end of his effectiveness as a Juve coach when he honorably stepped down.

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

Yep. And while I still have a soft spot for Lippi, the man was reaching the end of his effectiveness as a Juve coach when he honorably stepped down.
Thats right.. i dont miss lippi at all!

that said, i hope DP will start in this game, and im sure he will!

anyway, i will be able to watch this game on tv :) even if i could see it on pplive.. :D

Forza Juventus !

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005

Well you have a point there. Del Piero was a starter even when he was not performing. But lets look back into the team that Lippi coached and the team that Capello is coaching:

Lippi:
1- Del Piero, Trezeguet, Kovacevic, Salas
2- Del Piero, Trezeguet, Miccoli, Divaio, Zalayata

1) Salas was always injured, and Kovacevic was hmm how do I put it.....
2) Del Piero during that season had several injuries and did not even play regularly. On the same time, Di vaio was getting 20 offsides per game.

Now Capello:
Del Piero, Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic, Mutu, Zalayata

Please be fair now, do you really think that if Lippi was coaching such a team and a player was not perforimg he will keep him playing. I know Lippi believes in Del Piero, and to tell you the turth I really see where he is coming from. They go way back. Del Piero was like a lucky star for Lippi. They were together for like 7 years and have won the scudetto 5 times together along with CL trophy and several CL finals, Intercontinental cup and other trophies (around 13 if I am not mistaken).

Capello is coaching a team that has 5 top class forwards. Saying that Ibrahimovic is better than Del Piero is not true, and vice versa. One day Alex is on form the other Zlatan. One day Mutu is one form the other its Trezeguet..

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Do you know the formation that Lippi used to use with Alex before at Juventus ?
What was his most common formation-tactic ?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

that said, i hope DP will start in this game, and im sure he will!
We have heard assurances like this before from media and fans alike, yet for some reason we are always disapointed...

I'm not believing anybody until I see the actual teamsheet...speculation like this tends to be wrong with Capello as coach.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++

Well you have a point there. Del Piero was a starter even when he was not performing. But lets look back into the team that Lippi coached and the team that Capello is coaching:

Lippi:
1- Del Piero, Trezeguet, Kovacevic, Salas
2- Del Piero, Trezeguet, Miccoli, Divaio, Zalayata

1) Salas was always injured, and Kovacevic was hmm how do I put it.....
2) Del Piero during that season had several injuries and did not even play regularly. On the same time, Di vaio was getting 20 offsides per game.

Now Capello:
Del Piero, Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic, Mutu, Zalayata

Please be fair now, do you really think that if Lippi was coaching such a team and a player was not perforimg he will keep him playing. I know Lippi believes in Del Piero, and to tell you the turth I really see where he is coming from. They go way back. Del Piero was like a lucky star for Lippi. They were together for like 7 years and have won the scudetto 5 times together along with CL trophy and several CL finals, Intercontinental cup and other trophies (around 13 if I am not mistaken).

Capello is coaching a team that has 5 top class forwards. Saying that Ibrahimovic is better than Del Piero is not true, and vice versa. One day Alex is on form the other Zlatan. One day Mutu is one form the other its Trezeguet..
i know the class was different between then and now...however i remember when trezi first came he was scoring almost everytime he entered the field.And week after week he was left out for the sake of alex.
So i dont think that lippi was a saint compared to Don.Fabio.

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
Funny how people have lost all faith for Zlatan after the Messina & Bayern-games. No one even seems to be considering the statistics that Ibra and Trez have performed the best out of all duos this year.

The problem in the Bayern match was not Zlatan, nor Trez, it was Nedved, Camoranesi, Emerson & Giannichedda.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004

i know the class was different between then and now...however i remember when trezi first came he was scoring almost everytime he entered the field.And week after week he was left out for the sake of alex.
So i dont think that lippi was a saint compared to Don.Fabio .

Lippi was a saint for DP lovers.But he was a great coach and as one said before, he had done many things with DP.But what has Capello done with Zlatan???They know each-other only one year.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005

So i dont think that lippi was a saint compared to Don.Fabio.
Trezeguet arrived at Juventus during season 00/01 Lippi was not the coach. It Ancelotti was at that time.
Trezeguet was a sub for Inzaghi NOT Del Piero. Trezeguet Cannot be Del Piero's sub he is a finisher not assistant striker.

When Lippi returned the season after, Inzaghi was sold during the preseason and Trezeguet and Del Piero became our main forward power. Trezeguet became top scorer in the Serie A with 24 goals tied with Hobner.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Akerman ] ++
Funny how people have lost all faith for Zlatan after the Messina & Bayern-games. No one even seems to be considering the statistics that Ibra and Trez have performed the best out of all duos this year.

The problem in the Bayern match was not Zlatan, nor Trez, it was Nedved, Camoranesi, Emerson & Giannichedda.
We, or let me persnally say I, did not lose faith in Ibrahimovic. He is a terrific player but for the SAKE of the team, Del Piero should start when he is ready and performing better than Zlatan. Never the less Zlatan should continue to play shorter periods till he find his form. Keeping Zlatan on the field while he is not performing, the team is losing and he is delaying and losing the ball is not wise. Its even not good for Zlatan himself. Fans will start to get annoyed by him.
But lose faith.. Thats a bit big, especially after last season.

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++

We, or let me persnally say I, did not lose faith in Ibrahimovic. He is a terrific player but for the SAKE of the team, Del Piero should start when he is ready and performing better than Zlatan. Never the less Zlatan should continue to play shorter periods till he find his form. Keeping Zlatan on the field while he is not performing, the team is losing and he is delaying and losing the ball is not wise. Its even not good for Zlatan himself. Fans will start to get annoyed by him.
But lose faith.. Thats a bit big, especially after last season.
I agree. I also want to see Zlatan benched for a while. But people even seem to be considering selling him.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Akerman ] ++

I agree. I also want to see Zlatan benched for a while. But people even seem to be considering selling him.
SELLING WHO? Selling maybe the most promissing young forward in the world.. I don't think so.. He is getting an extension till 2010 :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)