[SERIE A] Lecce vs JUVENTUS (12/07/08) (4 Viewers)

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
dc for backup camo if thats all it took him to cross a quality ball like that
I have no complains on that although I would move Nedved to the right flank and DC to the left flank. DC is not the Messi type player that can cut back and run on players, he would be highly effective on the left though. He's quick, agile, and accurate, he's everything Marchionni isn't.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Ranieri, I know you're the coach here and all, but it's really simple and even my 4th division coach would tell you this, NEVER play the offside game-plan when you're leading. I'd rather see 11man in the penalty are but not playing offside system.
i wonder where you got that from ?
i never heard that you may not use the offside trap once you lead !
if you did play football, than you would no that strict man marking without use of the offside trap is way more exhausting than remaining with the offside trap.

i really do not see the logic behind this . . .

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
if you did play football, than you would no that strict man marking without use of the offside trap is way more exhausting than remaining with the offside trap.

:agree:

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
so you have taken a look at our financian status??? yeah right!!!

im sure we have enough money to buy an RM at least!!! we've won 3 CL games, so im guessing we would've got a good amount of moolah for those wins and draws also. dont try to defend Marco. he's been playing quite badly for a long time! other than a goal, i dont remember him contributing much! letting him play for 81 mins in a match, let alone start a match, is sacrilege!
that is just a very simple mans logic !

if we have not enough money or motivation to get another defender (which most agreed was most neede) then in what football manager world do you live to think we could buy another right midfielder when we already have 3 players who can play there? or is it a great fm cheat to buy new players for a position you already have enough players for (which are only injuried)

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007

That's true but it is a lot more risky to play the offside trap when you are up 1-0 with 10 minutes left. The last thing you want in that scenario is give the opponent a chance one on one against the goalkeeper. If you play with more players at the back, it is more exhausting but it is also more fruitful as it leaves absolutely no space for the other team to manuever.

In our case, we actually paid the price for playing the offside trap when we really had no reason to. We have superb players in the air such as Legro and Chiellini that could easilly rid of Lecce's threat in attack. The offside trap gives me chills as we always seem to make 1 or 2 priceless errors when covering at the back. Personally, I think this tactic is more suited to possession teams like Arsenal or Barcelona, but certainly not Juve.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Giovinco's first goal for Juve was amazing.
Only greats can do that and the boy will be great one day.

Also, this match proved that it's support striker the position where Giovinco is the best. It's not ML like some here wanted us to believe.
And obviously, Giovinco stood no chance against the great Del Piero. Such a shame.
I believe they can fit together. With one of them sacrificing and playing a bit out of his position.

I hope that never happens really, unless we are playing a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3. Don't forget, both DP and Giovinco are short players and lack the aerial ability needed to head crosses/corners in. Our chances of scoring would go to hell and the game with it (unless Ranieri plays from the middle to supply the attack, but that definitely is not our strongest part, especially offensively)
I hope you're not serious. How will that affect our chances of scoring? Del Piero with both Giovinco and Mauro playing in the middle can create absolute creativity against any team.

And thats our best medicine against long crossing balls.

Marchioni is a sub. And in most of the cases he can be useful, (when Camo is injured) Why everyone is on his case..We dont have money to buy better RM sub.

Imagine now, CR start replacing Molinaro, Marchioni, Nedved, Legro, and all other every time they make some silly mistakes..

CR noticed Marchioni's bad day, but he let him play bit more, and than changed him.. Marchioni was good for us when we won 6-7 games in row wasn't he !?

Common guys, little respect to all players..Im sure he will be watching lots of videos tomorrow..
This post makes no sense I'm afraid. I don't really care if Marchionni is a sub or not, it's not like he played his first match. He's been awful, doesn't pass when he should, can't shoot when he should can't control the ball. Nothing.

Nedved adds 10x much more than Marchionni. At least he knows how to handle such a situation when someone is marking him and knows how to earn fouls and even RUNS much more than a 10years younger Marchionni. Please!!!!

Fuck, it took De Ceglie one fucking good cross.

Get him out of the team or keep him on the bench, start De Ceglie when Mauro isn't there or hell even Iaquinta can play there. I've had enough of Marchionni.

Milan will face a calciopoli 2 trial later in 2009, mark my words, justice will be served.
wont happen... This will also means that Inter should face it this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)