[SERIE A] Lecce vs JUVENTUS (12/07/08) (31 Viewers)

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
It makes much more sense/logic not to play the offside trap once you lead. The opposition are always faster and in-control once they're loosing/down. Having a quick feet striker will take most of the defenders easily if he's loosing, therefore any mistake in the offside trap could be costly.
that is a great rule ... in fact i did not know that this is how it is all the time . . .

you should write a book about it, because i bet this general rule of football is not known to many people ... sorry, i wont buy your book nor will anyone that did ever watch football ...

it reads just like a rule for a video game ... the losing team gets a speed bonus to keep the match exciting

Playing normal system zone defending like what Lecce did in their first half, putting 7men in their penalty area makes the opposition suffers more.... and find no space, specially when you have good players on air such as Chiellieni/Legro/Sissoko/Marchisio etc.
oh come on !
you are the first that will cry, when we sit back and let them play their game ...
you want juve to sit back with 7 players in our box against a team called lecce ?
i already know what the comments here would be ... "bah, they totally owned us after we scored. we could not do a thing against them ... fuck ranieri ... bla bla".
that is exactly what has already happened exact in that way

furthermore if they did score, then all you smarties would have told "yeah, i saw it coming ... you can not always be in defense and wait for them to score ... it had to be like this"...

that is quite pathetic

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It's a fact that our defenders looked like amateurs during those ~10 minutes.
Why and how is not so important. It's only important that we've shown defensive weaknesses and it almost cost us 2pts.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
first off all it was in important win... these matches away from home against these socalled small sides are very hard to play... i think the only chance seeing inter lose points is agaisnt such teams.... i don't mind how we won as long as we win.....
aso u can see we will struggle against such teams without camo gio dp or zanetti because these r the only players to do the magic... a through pass a freekick a cross that can change the game.....

legro was stupid to get this yellow... i thought ranieri would play mellberg for one of chillini or legro but even if mellberg had played for legro noone knows if not chillini had got the yellow instead.

but with hopefully camo and dp back... maybe gio to play a part in the second half and zanetti too we will have a good chance of winning against milan.

moli and gyrgera look atleast good at the back... with sissoko zanetti (hopefully) camo neddy dp and amauri we really can beat this mofos... maybe poulsen is also back so we have some options to change. the only thing i'm afraid of is a clumpsy challenge by moli or chillini in the box. milan will get the pk.
and even sissoko should watch out i think he will get a yellow really early in this game...

but let's wait and see

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
It's a fact that our defenders looked like amateurs during those ~10 minutes.
Why and how is not so important. It's only important that we've shown defensive weaknesses and it almost cost us 2pts.
This is very well put. We played both the offside trap and the man to man marking very badly, our defense were not up to task in playing these tactics.

I was only saying that, and I think Rab was too, that in situations where you desperately want the three points and are going to defend, you might as well kill the game by leaving no space at all for the opponent. There's no question that playing the offside trap is the riskier choice. I say this because our particular set of players have always made errors when playing the offside trap. We have no perfected it at all.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We have fielded up all of our Italian youth and they all have done good!!
Esp Giovinco, he has done enough to worth the MOM title.
That was an exceptional display from him, he showed his skills and even more, his leadership capabilities.
As a player Giovinco is mature enough to dictate our gameplay.
Despite the limited chances and game time, he seemed confident enough for his skills and quality and really did replaced DP's physical form on the field.
With great vision, passes, crosses, dribbling, acceleration and even more, he imitated DP and scored a magnificent FK, DP trademark, when everything else failed!! I was certain that we are bound to score, one way or another, with Giovinco present on the field, he really made the difference out there, he was unstoppable. When the rest of the team gets accustomed with his flicks and he grows a bit stronger and tall, a new era will raise for our team!!

Our instability in the back, almost cost us again!!
Molinaro runs only proved how useless they are, because he is never there when we want him. Once again he wasnt there to prevent that cross from our left wing
and old+tired Neddy was too slow to prevent it!!
Legro and Chiellini were caught off position/balance some times, Legro was forced to tackle from the back once and Chiellini was a few inches away to prevent the scoring shoot from Lecce...
Thankfully, our back up keeper, is finally Juve material and saved us from a second goal.
When all hope was lost, CR decided to mock DC and give him a last minute try, to prove his value...
DC was critical to our cause, with his first attempt he succeeded, where,
(our consistent worst player on the pit, once again) Marchionni,
failed all night!!! He assisted Amauri to score a fierce header.
Amauri lost a few chances, he shouldnt today and made us all miss Treze,
but in the end, his determination payed off and he scored that header with authority!
I m still puzzled for the reason Sissoko, is getting so much better in the second part of the game! Initially i thought, it was because of his stamina, he just keeps going, when the rest of the players are tired. But it doesnt seem to be the case!
He is becoming, more focused and determined, as the minutes are passing by. And he is improving in every field, even his passing!!

It was an important win, before a very important match.
The direct CL qualification and our main goal (to do better than last year)
will be largely decided then.

Approaching to the end of the first half of the season and a few weeks away from the next transfer window, i cant stop but thinking what kind of transfers would improve our team. a few notes about the issues that seems to be take cared of:

-A valid Neddy replacement, for one way or another, CR will not use Giovinco for that role and Neddy, although still has the necessary determination and skills to keep doing his job. He needs to get rest occasionally. So we can benefit the best of him, when he is called! Neddy is being abused and he is probably going to retire after this season, although this is not an urgent problem, we may look up for an opportunity target! If this opportunity arrives, we may go ahead and made a serious investment or a pre-contract to a soon to be released player!
- A valid Grygera replacement, If Zebina wont return and Mellberg feels too old for that position, will have to take care of that problem some time in the future.
If an opportunity target arrives, we should sell the eternally injured Zebina and buy a RB who may cross!! We may as well keep the money from Zebina's sell and buy an upgrade to Grygera this summer!
-Andrade was released, Knezevic seems to be as injured prone and un-reliable, as most of the ppl supposed, so we may have to bring in a youngster like Criscito to feel up this gap, hopefully with the right approach this time. Or else, we should save the money, let Criscito there to grow older and better, getting play time and exp and raise the money for a much needed quality CB at this summer!
-It is the right time to offload Marchionni too, he has given too many chances to prove his worth and unfortunately he has been proved unworthy of a team like Juve. With Camo, Ekdall, Giovinco and even Salih to cover up for him.
He wont be missed. It is the right time to sell him now, before he gets injured again!! This should be our first transfer priority! Getting rid of our consistently worse player and raise more funds to buy the players we need!

The test against Milan will gives us more and better ideas of our shortcomings!
Since we are still on CL and our Serie A contenders failed to take advantage of our crisis and get rid of us permanently!
We may consider to upgrade our team a bit, so we can cope with the highest competition and raise our chances to rank up high!

RM and LB are our weaklings, but with the returning of Camo, the improvement of Molinaro to nearly acceptable levels and the availability of DC.
We dont have an urgent need for upgrades!
But we must pave the way for our future plans! Hopefully, CR will not ruin us again with his insistence of using 2 DMs in our straight 4-4-2, when both Zanetti and Poulsen will return. Hopefully we will keep using our CMs (Tiago+Marchisio)
And any further transfers will include AMFs (Swein) and CMs (Alonso) and not any more DMs (Toure)
We dont need any more forwards, we already have a large collection of them and Treze will return too!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
This is very well put. We played both the offside trap and the man to man marking very badly, our defense were not up to task in playing these tactics.

I was only saying that, and I think Rab was too, that in situations where you desperately want the three points and are going to defend, you might as well kill the game by leaving no space at all for the opponent. There's no question that playing the offside trap is the riskier choice. I say this because our particular set of players have always made errors when playing the offside trap. We have no perfected it at all.
Thats what I was trying to say. It's just natural when you're winning to expect your opponents to look/be faster...thats the nature of the game. Haydek l bala mokh b elle video games w ayre w maba3rf shu.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Whatever your username is, soap it kindly. Because I made myself clear concerning the offside trap. Take it how you want it.
playing the offside trap is really difficult (i played my hole life as a cb.)
and seeing that we play it very high makes it all more difficult. it can work 9 times out of 10 but the one time it didn't work can cost u a game... and with someone like moli at the back it is total clear that it won't work over 90min... and a player with a good pace can break us down... u saw it against inter... we were just lucky that ibra is such a choker...

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Great victory ,

giovinco & marchisio were the best !!

grygera (( the gay )) & the funny penguin (( marchionni )) were like a fuckin' tumor in my brain , my blood pressure always reaches the peak point when i see them playing , :mad:

look at lazio's right backs , lestechtainer & de selvistry !! .. both of them are better than grygera !!

zanetti , good 2 see u in the bench , we miss u , ;)
Who are they? Any good?

mondo1

May 14, 2006
and cronios u got it all right... gio won't be neddys replacement... so we def. need a LM. Neddy still got the heart and all to play every game but he just can not do it anymore... marchionni got to be offloaded he is just a waste of a place... and i just can pray to god to get us some quality fullbacks. Moli must leave and sorry but i don'T think grygera is good... at least he is solid at the back.. i hope we buy a neddy replacement and a fullback (1 lb would be enough right now) and in the summer we should go for a cm (someone like alsono) i still hope for diego but maybe he really don't fit in our style...

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Enough has been said here about the team performance today, and I'll add that we'll have some serious problems if we have long term injuries that see Marchionni and Marchisio in the starting lineup, neither one of these guys is a starter here, or for Lecce for that matter

The passing today was awful, and the defense was out to lunch too many times...we are fortunate to have won this game

Watching Sissoko's poor efforts today makes me miss Davids (he had skill to go along with the muscle)

Amauri could do nothing when the midfield was too busy giving the ball away..and once again Neddy looked too much his age today

props to DC for doing in 5 minutes what MM couldnt do in 75

also, Giovinco's FK was spectacular, however, I am a little concerned that this young guy wont make it through a full season as a starter....he is so small, that I fear his body wont be able to take all the punishment of Serie A (I know he made it through a full season at Empoli, but when you play for Juve, teams always play against us at 200%). People will say that Miccoli is small as well, however, he's at least got some meat on his bones

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Marchioni is a sub. And in most of the cases he can be useful, (when Camo is injured) Why everyone is on his case..We dont have money to buy better RM sub.

Btw I saw game Arsenal vs Wigan last night where Arsenal won 1:0. Coach which i respect a lot, Wenger in 32min replaced Nasri with Eboue..Eboue played OK, but towards the end of game , he made 2-3 bad passes, just like Molinaro do every game.. And in 90th minute, as supporters were booing, he replaced Eboue with defender Silvestre??? He could take any midfielder out in last 90th minute, but he took guy who he introduced in 32nd min..

What that move can do to the confidence of a player? That was shit move by Wenger..

Imagine now, CR start replacing Molinaro, Marchioni, Nedved, Legro, and all other every time they make some silly mistakes..

CR noticed Marchioni's bad day, but he let him play bit more, and than changed him.. Marchioni was good for us when we won 6-7 games in row wasn't he !?

Common guys, little respect to all players..Im sure he will be watching lots of videos tomorrow..

Forza Juve ..3 points is what we count tonight
:lol2:

What a joke.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
i wonder where you got that from ?
i never heard that you may not use the offside trap once you lead !
if you did play football, than you would no that strict man marking without use of the offside trap is way more exhausting than remaining with the offside trap.

i really do not see the logic behind this . . .
He does play football, you don't, so shut the hell up Counterstrike freak.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
Enough has been said here about the team performance today, and I'll add that we'll have some serious problems if we have long term injuries that see Marchionni and Marchisio in the starting lineup, neither one of these guys is a starter here, or for Lecce for that matter

The passing today was awful, and the defense was out to lunch too many times...we are fortunate to have won this game

Watching Sissoko's poor efforts today makes me miss Davids (he had skill to go along with the muscle)

Amauri could do nothing when the midfield was too busy giving the ball away..and once again Neddy looked too much his age today

props to DC for doing in 5 minutes what MM couldnt do in 75

also, Giovinco's FK was spectacular, however, I am a little concerned that this young guy wont make it through a full season as a starter....he is so small, that I fear his body wont be able to take all the punishment of Serie A (I know he made it through a full season at Empoli, but when you play for Juve, teams always play against us at 200%). People will say that Miccoli is small as well, however, he's at least got some meat on his bones
I think Marchisio was our best midfielder today. Did the dirty work, didn't give the ball away easily and had a couple of nice passes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)