[SERIE A] Lecce vs JUVENTUS (12/07/08) (2 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Which is primarily due to the midfielders.
But if the defence played deeper, the midfield would have more space to cover and we would be in trouble because of the limited ability of some of our midfielders, primarily the lack of pace of our midfielders other than Sissoko.

Each part wouldn't look as good without the other performing properly. It is the combination of the two which makes the system so effective.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But if the defence played deeper, the midfield would have more space to cover and we would be in trouble because of the limited ability of some of our midfielders, primarily the lack of pace of our midfielders other than Sissoko.

Each part wouldn't look as good without the other performing properly. It is the combination of the two which makes the system so effective.
Sissoko covers so much ground by himself that he really is the key.

I don't think our defense sits extremely high... in my opinion it seems about normal. If they sat any higher they'd be sitting right next to Sissoko who sits deep when we don't have the ball.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Sissoko covers so much ground by himself that he really is the key.

I don't think our defense sits extremely high... in my opinion it seems about normal. If they sat any higher they'd be sitting right next to Sissoko who sits deep when we don't have the ball.
Sissoko is key to the system, because the midfield has to do lots of closing to stop the opposition being able to take their to a pick a pass to a forward.

Our defence's starting position isn't that different from a lot of teams, but we step up and play offside, where most teams will back off when a ball is played and deal with it by closing the forwards down.

Our system works better for us, because it limits how much one-on-one defending we have to do. A team with better defenders would be better off dropping deep and actually trying to play against the forwards.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Sissoko is key to the system, because the midfield has to do lots of closing to stop the opposition being able to take their to a pick a pass to a forward.

Our defence's starting position isn't that different from a lot of teams, but we step up and play offside, where most teams will back off when a ball is played and deal with it by closing the forwards down.

Our system works better for us, because it limits how much one-on-one defending we have to do. A team with better defenders would be better off dropping deep and actually trying to play against the forwards.
:agree: we may not have the most talented personnel in defence, but they are brilliant as a unit, kudos to Ranieri

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008

where were you people with brain yesterday ?

is say ...

Azzurri7 said:
stop the offside trap once we lead...
:rndh:

because

Azzurri7 said:
the losing team is always faster...
:lol:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
where were you people with brain yesterday ?

is say ...

:rndh:

because

:lol:

I wasn't in the mood for an argument yesterday.

From what I read, a lot of what Rab said was just poorly worded, rather than wrong.

The fact that there is no one correct way to defend means it is hard to have a conclusive debate.

I don't really like how Juve defend, but it is the best for the players we have. As a general rule, I prefer a deeper line and man-marking, not Juve's high line and zonal marking.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Thats a nice way to quote each 3 words from each paragraph virtu. Shows what you're capable of.
you're way too immature to be a mod, really.

it seems as if it is too much for you to write "i just did not write that clear enough" or "what i wrote was not what i meant to say".

not being able to admit a mistake (even when it is perhaps only a mistake in expressing ones opinion so the reader may understand) does not make your maturity shine through.

i for myself would admit that i did write things in a way that was misunderstandable, if someone would always quote one sentence that is generally easily misunderstood

... but if you are too cool for that, it's ok for me.

anyway your childish misuse of the "mod powers" tell enough of your intelligence (or the lack of it).

i really don't care how long you have been here and how respected you are.
they way you behave here and the unability to admit writing a sentence that could be quite easily misunderstood really tells enough to the attentive reader.

making cool remarks about my nickname is on vinmans or andys niveau and just how cool you try to be

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
1- I'm not a moderator anymore. But I'll take it as a compliment.

2- I can see that the likes of Juve-Rev, Red, mondo and others got my point except you and your adopted brother Lampard.

3- I think you're the one who's got issues here. At the start I would have thought Ranieri bashers are the only ones you don't get along with....But after last night match it's obvious that you've got issues with everyone and not only concerning Ranieri topic.

4- Don't try to play the victim role here. Questioning me, where do I play and If I really play the game, then twist my words is something we usually don't play with here.

5- Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)