[SERIE A] Lecce vs JUVENTUS (12/07/08) (3 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Rab, the thing you said "the team that is losing is always the faster" is bit silly, really...I think even Andy or Vinman would not be able to say something like that..

And if you can not admit that you are wrong about it or beat them in any other way , dont use your status and change someones user names..

Virtual is right in this case and there is no doubt about it..
Who stepped on your tail here?

Did I quote you? Did I ask you to tell me what's right and what's not? I can't be more silly than someone having Lampard as his username.

As for that team losing is always faster, don't twist my words you and that punk called virtu. You want to defend him do it in a better way and with style.

To explain it and enlighten you two concerning the thing that I said that confused you including your Nostradamus.

"When your opponents are loosing, it's just naturally that they'll look more aggressive and seek for any small mistake, they'll give more than 100% and run like there's no turning back" So playing the offside trap can be anything but useful in such a situation like the Lecce one. Opponents look more dangerous when they're loosing, it's not a rule and not necessarily to happen in every single match but when you're loosing and have nothing to loose more you tend to give it all.

Again don't try to twist my words and explain it your way. If you want to that do it somewhere else I'd suggest.

Buy on AliExpress.com

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
Ahh.. Fuck, I have the biggest fucking headache of my life.

I see the same argument has been continuing here. Rab, leave them alone, you made yourself clear enough, they just won't get it.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Certain people are very harsh on Ranieri, some are too soft, then there are those in the middle who are neither too soft nor too harsh, if you know who you are you should stop arguing with people from the other groups for no reason, cause you won't get anywhere

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
Certain people are very harsh on Ranieri, some are too soft, then there are those in the middle who are neither too soft nor too harsh, if you know who you are you should stop arguing with people from the other groups for no reason, cause you won't get anywhere
So what are you on right now?

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
More or less a bottle of vodka, some beer, some whiskey and a few additionals :D.

I know i wrote that 15 mins ago but have no idea why i wrote it :S Haha

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
What part in my post you didn't understand? I got it from Baywatch.

It makes much more sense/logic not to play the offside trap once you lead. The opposition are always faster and in-control once they're loosing/down. Having a quick feet striker will take most of the defenders easily if he's loosing, therefore any mistake in the offside trap could be costly.

Playing normal system zone defending like what Lecce did in their first half, putting 7men in their penalty area makes the opposition suffers more.... and find no space, specially when you have good players on air such as Chiellieni/Legro/Sissoko/Marchisio etc.

Anything else?
Who stepped on your tail here?

Did I quote you? Did I ask you to tell me what's right and what's not? I can't be more silly than someone having Lampard as his username.

As for that team losing is always faster, don't twist my words you and that punk called virtu. You want to defend him do it in a better way and with style.

To explain it and enlighten you two concerning the thing that I said that confused you including your Nostradamus.

"When your opponents are loosing, it's just naturally that they'll look more aggressive and seek for any small mistake, they'll give more than 100% and run like there's no turning back" So playing the offside trap can be anything but useful in such a situation like the Lecce one. Opponents look more dangerous when they're loosing, it's not a rule and not necessarily to happen in every single match but when you're loosing and have nothing to loose more you tend to give it all.

Again don't try to twist my words and explain it your way. If you want to that do it somewhere else I'd suggest.
Rab,, but you did say " The opposition are always faster and in-control once they're loosing/down"

so I don't twist the words..

Actually if you read in bold and red, you will notice your "little " correction in second post.

You dont have to be on my tail, in order for me to make comment on such a nonsense..

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
decent win from the team, although i didn't watch the game very well cause of that stream.

Its obvious we weren't at our best going forward and thats understandable with us especially the line up fielded. But the defense was very poor after gio scored. Three consecutive absolute horror pieces of defending and one of them was the goal. I don't care what type of tactic was played as it was basic marking on two occasions which is really annoying. Our defense should be better than this overall. Chiellini needs to communicate more with his teammates as several times they lose concentration and leave him hanging.

On a positive note, our youngesters played well. Gio was the only player who actually making a difference going forward and scored a very good free kick. Marchisio played better in retrieving the ball but was a bit indifferent going forward except for a very good mini run with a pass to find de Ceglie. I still think we won't see his best until he gets someone next to him who passes the ball better than he does as currently he cannot wear that burden. Finally De Ceglie, who produced that cross for the goal.

Lecce are never easy at home and with Berreta they're even tougher because his teams defend very well and have at least one creative player to cause problems on the counter.

So overall it was a good result, moving on to BATE.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

:D It was inspired by Vlatko's halftime critique.
Don't think it went unnoticed. :p
Also, this match proved that it's support striker the position where Giovinco is the best. It's not ML like some here wanted us to believe.
And obviously, Giovinco stood no chance against the great Del Piero. Such a shame.
I'd disagree, though he can't emulate Nedved on that position, he can play his own game there. When he did play there, he was just as effective with opening up space and creating chances. Even yesterday, he was constantly going out of the box and back in the midfield to get the ball, he was everywhere on the pitch. That's why Amauri pulled a Trezeguet for most of the game. We need Giovinco behind two strikers, like Dominic said, we need to find a way to make it work; DP, Giovinco and Camoranesi all together. That's the way to go.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Giovinco was magical yesterday! He is a star in making and already winning the hearts of the fans. I know my heart was the size of fucking Russia when he scored :touched: He is true tranquatista with that aura glowing on all sides when he is carring the ball around. At one point Molinaro was throwing the ball from out and Gio recived it and some Lecce prick in front of him just fell to the ground. :lol: That was hillarious. I dont know if that guy sliped or something but you could see that he was fucking scared.
I remember that first game this season against Fiorentina and how I expected of Gio to at least come from beanch and do something special like Ale in that historic match against the same team. I thought history will repeat its self. But it didnt happen. Then Gio was unlucky against Catania, as was the team overall. Finally in this game he had the time and space he needed, he scored a beautiful freekick and its a dream come true for him and for us.
I am so happy for him. He is the real deal and future captain!
FORZA GIO!
FORZA JUVE!
:flag2:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Rab,, but you did say " The opposition are always faster and in-control once they're loosing/down"

so I don't twist the words..

Actually if you read in bold and red, you will notice your "little " correction in second post.

You dont have to be on my tail, in order for me to make comment on such a nonsense..
You're twisting my words when you explain it your away. It's not my fault if you don't understand or didn't the concept of that sentence.

I'm not on your tail but don't tell me to admit and come on me with such a stupid way.

If you don't understand something I wrote up there, you can simply ask and I'll enlighten you but the moment you and the other dork explain things on your own and can't understand the point/concept that was writting there then blame yourselves.

Now stop quoting me, not a fan of the ignore lists, so you might just quote someone else not me.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
For you folk arguing about the offside trap:

It's not easy just to switch it on and off.

It's not advisable to hold as high a line as we tend to when a team is really pushing forward. However, Fiorentina in the opening game was a classic example of what happens when you go deep and rely on defending in numbers.

The key, as it always is, is to maintain a good balance. Always try to keep the oppenents from getting into your penalty box, but don't go far beyond the box as it leaves too much space for balls to be played in behind.

I didn't see the game, I'm merely speaking in generalities.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
For you folk arguing about the offside trap:

It's not easy just to switch it on and off.

It's not advisable to hold as high a line as we tend to when a team is really pushing forward. However, Fiorentina in the opening game was a classic example of what happens when you go deep and rely on defending in numbers.

The key, as it always is, is to maintain a good balance. Always try to keep the oppenents from getting into your penalty box, but don't go far beyond the box as it leaves too much space for balls to be played in behind.

I didn't see the game, I'm merely speaking in generalities.
It's not easy to switch the offsides trap on and off, but it really depends on the situation. Of course when the team is sitting back and soaking up pressure, you're not going to hold a high line, or a deep sitting line either. The only time a defense would sit back deep is if they're slow and superior in the air. If the opposition has fast but small attackers, it doesn't really behoove the defensive line to hold very high closer to the center of the pitch.

We don't have a fast defense in the center, so we have to hold right at the top of the penalty box to do what you said and keep play outside of our 18.

We got screwed over against Inter before due to playing too high of an offside trap that was beaten.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
The offside trap is why we have such a good defensive record. The defensive line is high up and our hardworking midfield sits low. Very little space for the opposition to work in.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The offside trap is why we have such a good defensive record. The defensive line is high up and our hardworking midfield sits low. Very little space for the opposition to work in.
:agree:

It's generally a very well organised system and is very good at masking the individual limitations of the defenders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)