Serie A: Lazio vs Juventus [Dec 15th 2007] (86 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
.....And an attacker at the goal
Those were 20 minutes that make you feel proud for being a Juventino.
Refresh my memory Alen... what exactly happened in that match, in relation to this discussion? I can't seem to remember.

I think the game ends 9-0 if I remember correctly. Funny thing is I've seen this game live.
Funny second thing is that FSC was airing the match as "Greatest Man United Victories." More like greatest disguise act with fecal matter dressed in red.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Refresh my memory Alen... what exactly happened in that match, in relation to this discussion? I can't seem to remember.
Well, you've told us how Man Utd have no class and Turk mentioned this match against Empoli we played earlier this season to show how we do have class, unlike Manchester.

We were leading 3:0, 20 minutes from time, Empoli had all 3 subs made and their goalkeeper was injured so they had to put an attacker at the goal, plus they had another player with red card . They played with 9 men.

In these 20 minutes, instead of trying to humiliate them, we never even tried to attack. All we did was passing the ball in midfield.

Mar 24, 2006
What a long drives superb assistance from Zanetti at the Del Piero 2nd goal , but the goals celebration seems so boring because our supporter was banned for this game right ?

:flag:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, you've told us how Man Utd have no class and Turk mentioned this match against Empoli we played earlier this season to show how we do have class, unlike Manchester.

We were leading 3:0, 20 minutes from time, Empoli had all 3 subs made and their goalkeeper was injured so they had to put an attacker at the goal, plus they had another player with red card . They played with 9 men.

In these 20 minutes, instead of trying to humiliate them, we never even tried to attack. All we did was passing the ball in midfield.
Ohhh yeah, that's right. Now I remember.

That was a great display of class from our boys. I'd rather see us win 3-0 in such a situation than 9-0, taking advantage of a team or player misfortune. Unless the team deserves a beating for a valid reason, it's stupid to keep on scoring.

And Alen, I knew what Turk was alluding to when he quoted my post. I just didn't remember the situation. I'm not illiterate.

:D

PS - FUCK MAN UNITED. The side I despise the most in this life.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
And Alen, I knew what Turk was alluding to when he quoted my post. I just didn't remember the situation. I'm not illiterate.
Lol, i know you're not illiterate. Just that sometimes we all have trouble understanding Turk (and i don't mean his English) so i had to make it clear :D

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Congratulation everyone on our second real away win .. I wish for more to come .. a really nice game from everyone .. but honestly, I keep crossed fingers all the time whenever some team attacks our defense .. I really can't believe how blind the management are .. read my lips Gigli "Even though we do a good job, BUT OUR DEFENSE SUCK" ..

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Been a while since I did a proper match-report, hope you like it ;).

We really had to struggle for this victory. Lazio had the larger chunk of the chances, but some masterclass in effectivity was enough to get the three points in Rome.

Lazio looked more hungry in the first half but our side was able to look a little more dangerous in the early stages. That being said, we couldn't keep possesion and everyone seemed to be playing for themselves, no mechanisms or any teamplay was to been seen anywhere. Nedved tried, Del Piero was the only one with any visible ball control but other than that, despite a lot of hardworkers, no build-up play whatsoever could be constructed. This really put a lot of unneassasary pressure on our defence, who had to deal with one attack after the other. Often resulting in an isolated Molinaro who had to hoof a poor longball upfront, resulting in more loss of possesion. Lazio didn't look great either, but at least with their movement and a surprisingly good passer in Mutarelli looked threatening with Pandev and Rocchi. These guys have menaced our defence in the past and today was no different.

By chance though we came upfront with a weird, yet typical, Trezeguet goal when he poached on a Salihamidzic attempt to poach. From here on, things got even worse though. Lazio stepped up a gear and continuesly put us under pressure and our midfield kept getting worse and worse in terms of possesion play and movement. Buffon had to keep our side in the game at this point. Nedved's injury didn't help matters, as soon as he went out our entire team seemed to black-out and Lazio soon equalised. Half-time couldn't come soon enough.

Things didn't look up for the second half either, as Nedved could not continue. Ranieri made a smart substition by bringing Tiago in though. Palladino would have been an expected choise, but that would've not seen our bad passing play improve and a continuetion in our individual-based performance would have been a fact. Tiago on the other hand in the playmaker position, added a lot of solid passing and gave the other midfielders a well placed option to give the ball to. The rest of the players looked sharper in the second half as well though. Obviously Ranieri did at least some good work at half-time. Despite our improving teamplay, our goal had to come from some individual class afterall. We executed our counterattack very quickly with a great Zanetti pass to a clinical Del Piero. Trezeguet had the 2-1, after a good Tiago assist, on his foot soon after, but failed to score the great chance. Lazio got back in the game again after this and looked the better of the sides once again, with Buffon.. again.. playing a crucial role for us. Their offensive pressure gave the clever DP too much space and after another magnificent Zanetti pass, DP scored an almost identical goal to kill the game. We decided to sit back and despite some more good chances for Lazio we looked like brining this home, which we did.. despite an unneassary goal gifted to lazio in the final minute.

A not-so great Lazio side was better than us today. Lazio have two very good forwards, but we should never have allowed their midfielders to boss us around like that. We need to start out sharper and learn to keep possesion. We have some very effective forwards(as showcased today), so we don't need to rush our play to create chances. The chances will come, we just need to limit the opponents chances by keeping possesion. Keep possesion and we'll see our play improve and we'll see more chances come with time. A lot of work and room left for improvement yet.

Buffon 7
Top-class goalkeeping, might've won us some points today. Some great positioning and great reflexes. Contender for man of the match.

Zebina 5.5
Not his best game. Didn't look unsolid, but gave little support going forward, was sloppy, a tad slow in his decisions and Rocchi managed to look dangerous through his side a little often.

Legrottaglie 6
The best of our defenders today. Not a great game, but very solid and often had to cover for the mess made by the other defenders. Got away with some fouls, which could've easily been punished though.

Chiellini 5.5
He's been better. Didn't look very sharp today, was out of position in both goals I felt. Had his hands full with Pandev.

Molinaro 5
His second half was decent, but a very poor half. All his passes seemed to go astray and Pandev found most of his space through Molinaro and Chiellini. A shame as he was improving a lot in recent matches.

Salihamidzic 6
Versatile, worked very hard and he was less sloppy than most of his teammates. Also played a crucial role in the first goal. He simply does not offer anything close to Camo's quality from the right or Nedved's quality from the left though. Sali's play is all about hussling opponents.

Nocerino 5.5
Did his usual break-up play and shows so much energy. He really needs to play more careful and precise though, he lost too many balls today. He was a big factor in putting unneassary pressure on our team. As of now, he needs someone to give the ball to after winning it, someone like Tiago.

Zanetti 6.5
His first half was probaly one of his worst this season. He was like a slighty less wild Nocerino. He looked more like his old reliable self in the second half though. That and two amazing assists.

Nedved 6
Looked set to continue his good form of recent weeks, he was the only one in midfield who could offer some quality play. He was all alone in midfield,in the offensive phase, though and was unlucky not to be present in the second. Couldn't really make a difference today.

(Tiago 6.5)
With his entry our passing improved by 200%. He didn't do anything spectacular, but his positiong and his simple precise sharping was missing in the side. Should've been awarded with an assist, but Trezeguet failed to convert.
I'd like him to be more aggresive and more involved, but hey.. you can't ask that with so little playing time.

Trezeguet 6.5
Missed a good chance, but also scored one. Did a lot of work upfront and managed to look dangerous, despite the little service he got.

Del Piero 7.5
Didn't see much of the ball, but he barely did anything wrong with the ball at his feet. Two chances, two goals. Some clinical finishing. Great technique. Topclass performance. Man of the match.

Ranieri 5.5
Too often do we start too weakly the first half, especially in away matches. Ranieri said he wants to do better in away matches, but failing to get our players sharp from the start should be down to him. Same for the lack of gameplan and poor team mechanics, he really has a lot of area's he needs to improve our team. The result saves him, as does the tiago sub, even though it was a forced substitution.
spot on mate, just a couple of points.

- The big disappointment in regards to Ranieri was just like you said there wasn't any plan to deal with a very good Lazio team who created chances against every time they played against.

Even though that was not rectified defensively but credit has to go to him for the 2nd half. He had one thing in his mind and that was hitting them on the counter. I Love it when a coach has a tactical win and thats certainly one for Ranieri on Rossi.

I like how he didnt like the way the team played, lets see how he deals with it next week.

- The defense didn't look solid at all, but we have to remember that this Lazio side (even though they weren't at their best) is a very inventive team. All the games i saw for them this year and the last one they would always create many chances.
But again like you said our midfield gave up way too easily imo. Also there were too many lapses of concentration in the back and two of them resulted in goals for Lazio(thankfully).

Also we are not as aggressive as we were in the beginning of the season, i hope we can get some fire back into the team.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
omg, that save from gigi made me scream like a bitch, and dp almost made me cry. gigi also had to make a number of other saves that any other kepper would have let in at least one.

also great game from c. zanetti. for somebody who has such little playing time, tiago did well, some nice forward passes, which our CM's rarely do unless it's in the sky.

is it just me or was legro and chiellini a little below par today, they both made a few errors that luckily went unpunished. zebina, had a good game last week, then followed it up with a lame pass. moilnaro, does anyone still think that he can cross or pass? :disagree:

sali was so-so, wasn't too creative which is normal for him, but at least he wasn't invisible. maybe palla should have come in within the last 15 minutes. nedved was decent before he came off. trez's work-rate must again be praised, i was disappointed that he missed the chance to score agian from tiago's pass though.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Here's what I think:

The fact we had only 37% of the possession during the match is appalling to me. That means we sat back far too much and were complacent with the result, which is never good. A side such as Juventus should never have less than 40% of the posession, no matter what the factors. Keeping the ball doesn't require being wreckless going forward.

But that's just me. If I was a manager, possession football is what I'd profess.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Juventus was aching for a creative midfielder in the 1st half....there was absolutely no link up play with the forwards as Lazio were marking Nedved really well...credit to Ranieri for putting Tiago instead of Palladino, that was a definite surprise which did not directly affect the result, but still made Juve function better...can't really blame any1 for their 1st goal, it was just a brilliant team move...but the defense was definitely caught asleep on the 2nd one...MOTM would be Buffon...proved yet again why he is numero uno...Forza Gigi and of course Il Capitano!

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Hello. Here's my bit drunken match report.

I was gutted about our defence's performance tonight. If we switched goalkeepers we would struggle to keep Lazio from scoring double figures.
Honestly, we must be able to hold a mediocre side such as Lazio from having 10 fuckin sitters in a football game.

The good: Alex, Gigi, C-Zan, Tiago
The bad: Defence
The ugly: Ballotta and Cribari

Trez goal was comedy. Alex goals were sent from above and made my night. :touched:
Proud as ever to be Juventino, Forza Juve and guten nacht.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I don't really have to add lot of things after reading Andy, Dominic and Alen's reports of this game. Great review guys...not to mention Stu's and Jack's ratings... and many others.

Just few points I'd like to say....

- There's no reasons why Zanetti shouldn't be called up for the NT. And I'll keep moaning about It from now till I die. Some posters on this forum were laughing at me when I said that Pirlo isn't better than him, to me, not only in Italy but I can't name more than one name probably or two whom are better than Zanetti. Other than that he's on top, with his vision and passing skills and defending abilities. All the way Zanetti:star:

- Like Andy said, I got turned on tonight watching Ale, his passing, vision, ball control:touched:, finishing are out of this world. And they wonder why we're inlove with this man. What a classy player, what a skillful leader, anyone noticed how he was killing himself on each ball tonight? how he was running? who said Alex is getting slow?? Yeah riiiiiiiiiiight. FOREVER CAPITANO!!!

- Our defenders were horrible tonight, Molinaro is weak, Zebina was good at times and terrible, Chiellini was solid like usually while Legro was looking bad and outplayed.

- Nocerino should improve his passing skills or I'll add him to [Criscito and Molinaro] group. He's the worst player I've seen in passing.

- I loved how Trezeguet played tonight, running back helping our midfielders, everything he did today was intelligent and good. Too bad he didn't score more than one goal.

- Tiago? He should play, the guy has passing skills and good vision on the game. I like him.

And allow me to end this with such a picture:pint::pint:

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I don't really have to add lot of things after reading Andy, Dominic and Alen's reports of this game. Great review guys...not to mention Stu's and Jack's ratings... and many others.

Just few points I'd like to say....

- There's no reasons why Zanetti shouldn't be called up for the NT. And I'll keep moaning about It from now till I die. Some posters on this forum were laughing at me when I said that Pirlo, to me, not only in Italy but I can't name more than one name probably or two whom are better than Zanetti. Other than that he's on top, with his vision and passing skills and defending abilities. All the way Zanetti:star:

- Like Andy said, I got turned on tonight watching Ale, his passing, vision, ball control:touched:, finishing are out of this world. And they wonder why we're inlove with this man. What a classy player, what a skillful leader, anyone noticed how he was killing himself on each ball tonight? how he was running? who said Alex is getting slow?? Yeah riiiiiiiiiiight. FOREVER CAPITANO!!!

- Our defenders were horrible tonight, Molinaro is weak, Zebina was good at times and terrible, Chiellini was solid like usually while Legro was looking bad and outplayed.

- Nocerino should improve his passing skills or I'll add him to [Criscito and Molinaro] group. He's the worst player I've seen in passing.

- I loved how Trezeguet played tonight, running back helping our midfielders, everything he did today was intelligent and good. Too bad he didn't score more than one goal.

- Tiago? He should play, the guy has passing skills and good vision on the game. I like him.

And allow me to end this with such a picture:pint::pint:

1 - I agree Zanetti should be in the NT, wtf has Ambrosini done that he hasn't? (read Milan lobby)

2 - Our defense wasn't that bad, but Molinaro is definitely not good enough...how many times did he just give away posession with a clueless pass in the early stages of the 1st half....credit to the Lazio FWs in fact coz their movement off-the-ball was excellent, and our DF is hardly the quickest

3 - the 1st goal was credited to Trez? Or has it been changed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)