Serie A: Lazio vs Juventus [Dec 15th 2007] (12 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
The best player in the match was Rocchi.

The best players in Juve were in a cosecutive basis Buffon, Zanetti, Del Piero and Zebina.
Totally agreed. Rocchi was sublime. I like his mentality.

I think we all learnt a few things today.

1) Buffon is out of this world as always, and will surpass any other goalkeeer in the history

2) We need a left back, Molinaro is ok, but we do need someone better and more solid, if only we still had Zambrotta

3) Del Piero is good as ever, good call for Ranieri to start him for once

4) Tiago should rotate with Neddy, impressed with his work in the 2nd half and he should play more ! And Neddy should rest more, he is 35 years old !

5) Zanetti, wow, he is the don for long passing, didn't see that before

6) We should definitely play more counter attacking football, defend deep and break out fast, especially in competitive away games, the 2nd half formation was great for this.
1) agreed
2) agreed
3) ranieri had no other option really, but agreed
4) both should play
5) agreed
6) kind of agreed

And it's so fair to say that our first goal was AN OFFSIDE.
:tup:

the first goal was not offside
Yes it was.

ZANETTI man of the match, in my opinion. Del Piero closely behind with his amazing skill. Watching him bring those balls down under control made me get an erection.
Spot on in my opinion. I blowed though.

Are you serious, Andy. I almost slept during the match. The lack of Juve crowds in the stadium killed my enthusiasm too.
First half was shit, second was better.

Trez wasn't offside when Sali shot it...but he was before on,
from the header that went to Sali.
then he was offside at first pass....

but who cares huh?:)
yeah, we won.

I thought Molinaro was slowly getting into the game and then he blows it today. I really hope for him and the club that he gets better.
If not then De Ceglie would be a good choice and I was very impressed by Catania's Juan Vargas.
Both, back up for whichever plays then!

Thats made me depressed :frown:

By the way, Pandev has always impressed me, shame to waste his talent in this Lazio team going nowhere, wonder if we can look into signing him, would be cheaper than a lot of attacking players we are looking at.
He wasn't great today but he is a good talent. He would be a good addition.

Buffon
Zebina - Legrottaglie - Chiellini - Molinaro
Nocerino - Zanetti - Nedved
Tiago
Trezeguet - Del Piero​

:tup:
Tiago - Zanetti - Nocerino/Sali

as the midfield 3. Nedved supporting strikers.

Did anybody else get massively turned on whenever Del Piero was trapping the ball tonight?
Yes, as I explained earlier.

I find it confusing how we have Alen Boksic in separate usernames. :faq1:
:lol:

deserved 3 points

Buffon's save was something outstanding

Zanetti and Del Piero were class.
Buffon has one every match.

We've conceded 12 goals in our away matches which statistically is the worst in the six first teams :nervous:
Home record makes up for that, sort of.

I believe you couldn't stop swearing at Lazio tonight and i think i know what was the word you used to insult them :D

Damn Roman Nazi scum :smoke:
:D

Zebina must have felt like .... :rndh:

Mundigay probably feels like that every game hahah
Don't forget Trez!

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
channel 4

Ranieri thanks star duo
Saturday 15 December, 2007
Claudio Ranieri concedes Juventus only won tonight because of two stars.

“Thank goodness for Alex Del Piero and Gigi Buffon!”

The Bianconeri earned a 3-2 victory at Lazio’s Stadio Olimpico – their first away win since Week 2 at Cagliari – but it was a very tough match.

“We made three steps forward because we picked up three points, but it was four months back because Lazio got more shots on goal than all the other teams put together this season,” moaned Ranieri.

“We did not put in a good performance. Thank goodness we had Buffon and Del Piero tonight.”

The goalkeeper performed several crucial saves, including an absolute stunner from point-blank range on Tommaso Rocchi, while Del Piero netted twice on the counter.

“When you win it is natural to be happy with the result, but we made far too many mistakes and did not cover the field well. It’s lucky we won.”

Del Piero was given a rare start due to Vincenzo Iaquinta’s injury and made the most of this chance by scoring a brace.

“He had already played well last time and you can see he is in good shape, as when he starts running the defenders can’t catch him. I repeat, thanks to Alex and Buffon we picked up three important points.

“Lazio put us under real pressure every time they got the ball. They showed great pride and played some excellent football. They are alive and kicking, no doubt about it.”

The Biancocelesti are now forced to focus on Serie A after their midweek Champions League exit at the hands of Real Madrid.

Juventus have only ever been able to aim for the Scudetto and are now five points adrift of leaders Inter.

“I already said it before the season kicked off – Inter are certainly a better team, but Juve have an indomitable spirit that I like to fire up even further. Only Inter can lose this title, but I want to be there if they do slip up.”

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I watched the highlights and our first goal and i must admit i was wrong. That was a clear goal and the ref could have disallowed it only for passive offside, which would have been, eventhough according to the rules, not fair call.

When the ball was passed to Salihamidzic Trez was slightly offside. But that ball was not going to him and offside is not called in such situation.
When Salihamidzic passed the ball to Trez (even though he didn't want to pass the ball, he wanted to score himself) the Frenchman was NOT OFFSIDE. It was clear after watching the video over and over again

Something else i still don't understand :
1. How did Buffon save that ?
2. How the hell did Zanetti make such an assist ?
3. Where was Ale hiding his speed ? Those were some nice sprints and amazing ball control when he scored the goals.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm currently watching Manchester United versus Ipswich Town from 1995 on Fox Soccer Channel. When the match was 7-0 United, the Ipswich keeper came out of his box to intercept a United through ball which landed about 35 yards out from goal. The keeper was adjudged to touch the ball with his hand, which by replays was incorrect, and the Ipswich keeper protested for a couple seconds to the referee. During those couple seconds, Paul Ince took the ball, set it down, and chipped the ball in the net while the keeper was out and being carded. 8-0 United. And the players celebrated like they won the European Cup.

How the hell could anybody like that team? What a bunch of fucking twats and faggots. I hope Paul Ince gets sliced.

Jul 2, 2006
I'm currently watching Manchester United versus Ipswich Town from 1995 on Fox Soccer Channel. When the match was 7-0 United, the Ipswich keeper came out of his box to intercept a United through ball which landed about 35 yards out from goal. The keeper was adjudged to touch the ball with his hand, which by replays was incorrect, and the Ipswich keeper protested for a couple seconds to the referee. During those couple seconds, Paul Ince took the ball, set it down, and chipped the ball in the net while the keeper was out and being carded. 8-0 United.

How the hell could anybody like that team? What a bunch of fucking twats and faggots.
we showed our class when Empoli have 10 men

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #519
    I'm currently watching Manchester United versus Ipswich Town from 1995 on Fox Soccer Channel. When the match was 7-0 United, the Ipswich keeper came out of his box to intercept a United through ball which landed about 35 yards out from goal. The keeper was adjudged to touch the ball with his hand, which by replays was incorrect, and the Ipswich keeper protested for a couple seconds to the referee. During those couple seconds, Paul Ince took the ball, set it down, and chipped the ball in the net while the keeper was out and being carded. 8-0 United. And the players celebrated like they won the European Cup.

How the hell could anybody like that team? What a bunch of fucking twats and faggots. I hope Paul Ince gets sliced.
    I think the game ends 9-0 if I remember correctly. Funny thing is I've seen this game live.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)