Serie A: Lazio vs Juventus [Dec 15th 2007] (20 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
Player Ratings:

Buffon :)strong:) - 7 - What a save, superman. Point blank range and...oh...wait...thats not going in! :p Best goalkeeper, ever.

Molinaro - 5 - Looked poor attackingly compared with last week. Had a major part in Lazio's first goal when he went to sleep. Lets find someone more reliable.

Legro - 6 - Had some blunders but kept them out mostly. Offside trap used well. Not quite as good as we have seen this season

Chiellini - 6.5 - Best defender because he is solid most of the time. He is also young, so we have more of him to look forward to.

Zebina - 6 - His head exploded? :D Whatever happened, I hope it isn't serious. He is a tough boy. Rocchi sort of owned him a bit.

Nedved - 6 - Not enough to make an impact. He was a real warrior playing after he got hit. I want him in starting XI next week though, he has spirit.

Nocerino - 5.5 - Poor in comparison to the last few games he has played. He really didn't have a place on the right side of midfield.

Zanetti - 8 - Passing genius. Most underrated midfielder in the country. Azzurri call up needs to happen, if you have this quality in your midfield. And wait, he can help the defense as well. The second assist was magical. Oh, and he gets man of the match from me.

Salihamidzic - 6.5 - A real improvement from last time we saw him play. He is a great utility player, I want him to do this every time he plays while Camo is injured.

Del Piero - 8 - Great goals Capitano. Him and Trez swapped roles, and it looked perfect. He has a great eye for goal. I hope Ledesma got hurt on his back.

Trezeguet - 7 - At least he scored. The penalty area is his territory and he pout one home. As consistent as ever, and he looked good playing wider. Possibilities await...

Tiago - 7.5 - Yeah, so. He owned Ranieri today. Passing was sublime, and he added a real flavour to the midfield. His physical qualities make up for whoever of Nocerino or Cristiano, he replaces. Him + Camo + Nedved + Zanetti = :drool:

Ranieri - ? - I am not sure what he deserves. He had no choice but to substitute Nedved, but he could have put Palla on instead. His half time team talk looked like it did something so I am undecided.

As for the match. The first half was poor on our part. Trez was offside for the goal, I am sure of it. But it is great we scored. Nedved looked like an army officer with the blood. There was poor defending for the Lazio goal, which they deserved in fairness, after their display.

Second half and Tiago on. Intelligent move number 1. He changed the game for us. The passes held our midfield together and really opened up their defense. Del Piero looked for gaps and eventually found a great ball from Zanetti to run onto. 2-1. Then, assist of the season as Zanetti passes from the right corner of our penalty area (Zebina's place) and it is inch perfect for Alex, who slots it past Ballotta with ease. Good work guys.

Rocchi deserves a mention as he was clearly their best player. I like his work rate, and if he was a few years younger I would like to see him at Juve.

I think we played well in the second half, not amazing but we were much better than in the first half. We beat a "big" team who came out to beat us as well. They looked hungry, we didn't feed them

Quick discussion point now. The problem of Molinaro. Is it time to buy another left sided defender, to replace him, or do we move Giorgio to the left and buy a central defender. Your thoughts?

:juve1:

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Lazio played prettier football, but that doesn't count for anything.

Rocchi was denied by an excelled save from Buffon, and that pretty much sums up their rating infront of net tonight. They fell apart when it mattered. They consistently found space in our box, but a heavy touch or weak shot let them down. Our defense wasn't as solid a unit as it usually is, although Rocchi and Pandev are class. As if the former will be free agent come June.

MOTM was Zanetti. He won us back possession numerous times, he rarely gave the ball away and Del Piero can thank him for both goals, from 2 fantastic plays.

Speaking of Del Piero, he may not have the pace, but he is so intelligent on the ball it doesn't matter. His touches are still world class, as is his finishing. Next to Zanetti, our 2nd best player.

Tiago did a decent job. He started off brightly, making some nice passes, and than slowly adopted a more defensive playing style as the half went on. All in all, it was a good performance, and he will only get better with more playing time. Im sure Ranieri is pleased, since his sub at half time did get our midfield to creat more in the 1st 15 min, although the formation change helped as well.

3 pts away, in a game where a tie was probably a fairer result, is always good. It wasn't our best team performance, but Buffon, Zanetti and Del Piero were the difference.

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
We need to get a good LB or get Barzagli and put Chiellini back...
Molinaro & Nocerino just waist hard earned balls WTF, do they do in training??
And we never change the sides (from left to right), when the ball is on our left they (Molinaro & Chiello) never play on the other...They just keep "slaping" high balls up front on the left...COME ON...

Buffon- 8 (he did superb tonight, can't do s*** against 2 goals)

Zebina- 5.5 (WTF are u doing turning your back against your opponent-i think it was Kolarov-at the end of the game, come on dude you are professional)

Legro- 6 (let's face it, he is just average CD)

Chiellini- 6.5 (on the first goal he did let Rocchi escape, second he was not there, IMO he is to panicky)

Molinaro- 4 (no comment, that guy can not play for my ROOM):wallbang:

Salihamiđič- 6.5 (great worker, he plays for the team-did score tonight) :xmas:

Nocerino- 5 (he must polish up his technic and fast if he wonts to stay for another season, he can run but that is pretty much it)

Zanetti- 7.5 (fighter and great vision, 2 great assists for DP)

Nedved- 6 (Not enough tonight, he wasn't visible) / Tiago -6.5 (he can run and he can slide, he must start more often)

DP- 8 (the best game all season for him IMO, great driblings, not to mention 2 goals, and he did look more agile tonight) :bow: MOM

Treze- 6 (he did try, but we all know, no middle-no balls for him, hi did run-he was Iaquinta tonight)

Ranieri- 6 (he must bring Tiago more often or bay VDV/Diego in the summer, get new LB and do it quick pls)

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #451
    Thanks. I think he is not a Juve fan, because he does the same service for other clubs in another forum I post at, and he doesn't post anything else.

I just wanted to open a communication medium with him, knowing that his site is located in the same country where I'm living.
    You are saying He but in fact he's an it. An application and it will never communicate. There are smarter bots that communicate but that is also limited.

The location shows nothing but on where the program is located, so someone in your country has installed it and registered it as a member on this forum and a few other forums as well.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Did anybody else get massively turned on whenever Del Piero was trapping the ball tonight?
    Sure did. The control for the second goal and that one that dropped out of the air towards the end were like sex in football form.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
    Player Ratings:

Buffon :)strong:) - 7 - What a save, superman. Point blank range and...oh...wait...thats not going in! :p Best goalkeeper, ever.

Molinaro - 5 - Looked poor attackingly compared with last week. Had a major part in Lazio's first goal when he went to sleep. Lets find someone more reliable.

Legro - 6 - Had some blunders but kept them out mostly. Offside trap used well. Not quite as good as we have seen this season

Chiellini - 6.5 - Best defender because he is solid most of the time. He is also young, so we have more of him to look forward to.

Zebina - 6 - His head exploded? :D Whatever happened, I hope it isn't serious. He is a tough boy. Rocchi sort of owned him a bit.

Nedved - 6 - Not enough to make an impact. He was a real warrior playing after he got hit. I want him in starting XI next week though, he has spirit.

Nocerino - 5.5 - Poor in comparison to the last few games he has played. He really didn't have a place on the right side of midfield.

Zanetti - 8 - Passing genius. Most underrated midfielder in the country. Azzurri call up needs to happen, if you have this quality in your midfield. And wait, he can help the defense as well. The second assist was magical. Oh, and he gets man of the match from me.

Salihamidzic - 6.5 - A real improvement from last time we saw him play. He is a great utility player, I want him to do this every time he plays while Camo is injured.

Del Piero - 8 - Great goals Capitano. Him and Trez swapped roles, and it looked perfect. He has a great eye for goal. I hope Ledesma got hurt on his back.

Trezeguet - 7 - At least he scored. The penalty area is his territory and he pout one home. As consistent as ever, and he looked good playing wider. Possibilities await...

Tiago - 7.5 - Yeah, so. He owned Ranieri today. Passing was sublime, and he added a real flavour to the midfield. His physical qualities make up for whoever of Nocerino or Cristiano, he replaces. Him + Camo + Nedved + Zanetti = :drool:

Ranieri - ? - I am not sure what he deserves. He had no choice but to substitute Nedved, but he could have put Palla on instead. His half time team talk looked like it did something so I am undecided.

As for the match. The first half was poor on our part. Trez was offside for the goal, I am sure of it. But it is great we scored. Nedved looked like an army officer with the blood. There was poor defending for the Lazio goal, which they deserved in fairness, after their display.

Second half and Tiago on. Intelligent move number 1. He changed the game for us. The passes held our midfield together and really opened up their defense. Del Piero looked for gaps and eventually found a great ball from Zanetti to run onto. 2-1. Then, assist of the season as Zanetti passes from the right corner of our penalty area (Zebina's place) and it is inch perfect for Alex, who slots it past Ballotta with ease. Good work guys.

Rocchi deserves a mention as he was clearly their best player. I like his work rate, and if he was a few years younger I would like to see him at Juve.

I think we played well in the second half, not amazing but we were much better than in the first half. We beat a "big" team who came out to beat us as well. They looked hungry, we didn't feed them

Quick discussion point now. The problem of Molinaro. Is it time to buy another left sided defender, to replace him, or do we move Giorgio to the left and buy a central defender. Your thoughts?

:juve1:

I would give Ranieri 7 without any hesitation.
    and in regards to LB, I think its easier to buy good CB than LB...so Giorgio on left...

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
    Like I said. I don't know why you watch Serie A football if you thought it was a boring match. It was classico Serie A action, really.
    Hey I like to watch Serie A, but still I don't thing that tonight game was that much exciting. It was on a moments but nothing else IMO.

Nah, he's not. No way could a real football fan, moreover a JUVENTUS fan, nearly fall asleep in that match.
    Are you always taking things so literally. When Rebel said and I agreed that I almost fell a sleep it was expression how "exciting" match was, it wasn't like you could see me sitting on couch and taking a nap tonight while Juve game was on my TV.

And please don't call me a fake JUVENTUS fan.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    You are saying He but in fact he's an it. An application and it will never communicate. There are smarter bots that communicate but that is also limited.

The location shows nothing but on where the program is located, so someone in your country has installed it and registered it as a member on this forum and a few other forums as well.
    That's beyond my limited amount of imagination, then

I'm out guys. Enjoy the win, I know I will. Later.
    We just woke up, man.;)

Take care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)