Serie A: Lazio vs Juventus [Dec 15th 2007] (84 Viewers)

Jul 5, 2005
I think we all learnt a few things today.

1) Buffon is out of this world as always, and will surpass any other goalkeeer in the history

2) We need a left back, Molinaro is ok, but we do need someone better and more solid, if only we still had Zambrotta

3) Del Piero is good as ever, good call for Ranieri to start him for once

4) Tiago should rotate with Neddy, impressed with his work in the 2nd half and he should play more ! And Neddy should rest more, he is 35 years old !

5) Zanetti, wow, he is the don for long passing, didn't see that before

6) We should definitely play more counter attacking football, defend deep and break out fast, especially in competitive away games, the 2nd half formation was great for this.
WORD :pint:

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
-

Serie A, Round 16
Juventus (3rd, 29 points) vs. Lazio (12th, 17 points)
20:30 CET, Saturday, December 16 2007
Stadio Olimpico, Rome

Goals

0-1 Trezeguet (Min 29)
Click Here for Video
1-1 Pandev (Min 35)
Click Here for Video
1-2 Del Piero (Min 47)
Click Here for Video
1-3 Del Piero (Min 70)
Click Here for Video
2-3 Pandev (Min 92)
Click Here for Video

Lazio Chances
Mauri Chance (Min 18)
Click Here for Video
Rocchi Chance (Min 65)
Click Here for Video

Juventus Chances
Chiellini Header (Min 14)
Click Here for Video
Great job like always, bro...;)

Are you a juve fan?

Molinaro = Weakest Link
As usual.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Ranieri should be starting Tiago and using the 4-3-1-2, which finally dawned on him in the second half.
Fair enough, I agree on that point but nevertheless, Ranieri deserves some credit tonight imo. The player who no one wanted to see him start (Salihamidzic) did well too and he didn't have to bring on Tiago, he could've used Palladino as a left winger. Yeah, it would've been a retarded choice but even so I think he deserves a pat on the back. The whole team should be credited for this result, management included.

And I agree 100% about Zanetti being in the Italy set-up. Based on this current form I'd take him over Ambrosini and De Rossi. He used to be all about breaking up plays but now he's added a solid passing game to his repertoire. Great vision and delivery for Del Piero's goals.

Another man who in my mind needs to be in the Azzurri squad is Del Piero. Form doesn't apply to him, it just doesn't. When he has something to prove 9 times out of 10 the man steps up and let's his critics know who the fucking man is. Alex. Del. Piero.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I'm with Stu and Andy on this one..the game was exciting..5 goals , lots of chances..other than the fact that there were no juve fans..the match was entertaining.

Dp was my man of the match...he was a magician out there today..Zanetti was a general in midfield..and it was by far his best performance this season..Tiago wasnt bad when he came in..and i think Sali did reasonably well too.

Rocchi and Pandev where dangerous for Lazio...Mundingayi was energetic as always..i didnt think Ledesma played like he's capable of tbh.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
Nah, I think Nocerino, Zanetti and Tiago should all start in the 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-3. That would provide the optimal level of ruggedness, tenacity, and possession capability.
i would like to see them all start but, i dont see ranieri changin his tactics aroudnt that much.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I'm glad to see Ranieri finally field Tiago and switch up the formation in the second half to a 4-3-1-2,
Don't be and don't count on that for the rest of the season. That was just cos of Neddy getting injured otherwise Ranieri ain't that smart to field Tiago in the matches we need him.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
My MOM DP + Buffon.
Sali did well today.
Quote of the day:
On Dp's 1st goal the commentator said that is stuff for the instructions manuals for how strikers should place balls.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
This is getting ridiculous now. What does Ranieri have to do to get some praise? He finally played Tiago and you still aren't happy. He engineered a win without Camo, Neddy and Iaquinta and you're still not happy. He has us in 2nd place in our first season back in the top flight when few people expected us to recover this quickly and you're still fucking complaining. Ranieri deserves credit. He makes mistakes but all coaches do and if it's fair to bash him for his mistakes you have to praise him when he does well.

Forza Ranieri, Forza Juve.
my centiments exaclty

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #413
    Nah, I think Nocerino, Zanetti and Tiago should all start in the 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-3. That would provide the optimal level of ruggedness, tenacity, and possession capability.
    I totally agree. Nedved can be the play maker or Camoranesi when he returns can play up front in the 4-3-3 or Iaquinta - Trez - DP.

Endless possibilities (a bit exaggerated)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Don't be and don't count on that for the rest of the season. That was just cos of Neddy getting injured otherwise Ranieri ain't that smart to field Tiago in the matches we need him.
    Unfortunately, you're probably right, Hoori.

Ok, I admit that yawning is not because of match, but still it wasn't thrilling encounter like someone said.
    Like I said. I don't know why you watch Serie A football if you thought it was a boring match. It was classico Serie A action, really.

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
    Jul 15, 2006
    ok thanks and why were there no juve fans tonight ? is that because that incident a couple of weeks ago was between juve and lazio fans or is this still gonna go on for weeks (like the fact that there were no juve fans in milan) ?

btw i thought i heard juve supporters singing tonight ... weird :D

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
    I think 4-3-1-2 formation is great for away games, we should definitely use it more. I know Tiago can make a good impact in the "1" position, so can Neddy...and Diego (haha, that's for hoping, anyway !)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)