[Serie A] Lazio 1-1 JUVENTUS (Jan. 25th 2014) (1 Viewer)

MoM

• Storari

• Ogbonna

• Llorente

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Can see this game being very hard work for Juve.

Juve think how packed the centre of the pitch is going to be with Lazio playing four central midfielders and Juve playing three + Tevez.

Means Juve are going to need the wing-backs to play well so that - even if they don't actually manage to dominate their opponent - Lazio are sufficiently fearful of them to not just play one on one on the flanks and feel the the need to push a midfielder into a wider position to help cover, which should then open up some space for Juve somewhere else on the pitch if the ball is moved quickly and intelligently.

Was interested to see this comment from Reja:

“Lichtsteiner and Asamoah are skilled on the flanks so we are unsure at the moment whether it is better to press Juve or sit back."

Implies that he sees the need to either commit to pressing or commit to sitting deep.

I thought a major issue with Lazio's set-up in the thrashings Juve gave them at the start of the season was that they played nothingy tactics and didn't clearly commit to anything.

Be much harder for Juve if Reja set them out with a clear plan - whatever that ends up being.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I'm gonna fake fan this one because I better go out and get shit faced than watching us destroying another team in this mediocre Serie A by another 4 goals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)