[Serie A] Lazio 0-2 JUVENTUS, Sep 12th 2009- 3rd Round (68 Viewers)

Lazio - Juventus : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Legro

• Chiellini

• Grosso

• Diego

• Marchisio

• Melo

• Camo

• Trezeguet

• Amauri

• Giovinco

• Tiago

• Molinaro

• Gervasoni (ref)

• Kolarov (Lazio)

• Ferrara (coach)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sep 1, 2002
I gave it to Trez, because even though pattently not match-fit he, nevertherless, still managed to find space and chances to score. And like every great striker never gave up. That is what he has to offer, and each game he plays he will offer more, and score more.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Ciro's 100% record 5 out of 5 since he took over makes me aim high and far this season. We have conceded 1 goal since he took over and scored 8goals I think.

Looking at this game, I was wondering how we will react to this game when 7 of our players featured for the Azzurri and others for their NT's, I think we were excellent:tup:.

1st half- we started well and forced Lazio defenders to work pretty hard, vice versa later on, they got pretty solid legs outside the penalty area. Was more like 50-50.

2nd half- Football wise we were better we used our chances they didn't and therefore we deserved to win.

Buffon 7.5

Caceres 6.5
Legro 6.5
Chiellini 6
Grosso 6

Melo 6.5
Marchisio 7.5 :star:
Camoranesi 5.5

Diego/Giovinco 6.5

Amauri 6
Trezeguet 5.5

Tiago NR
Molinaro NR

Ciro 7, Resting Cannavaro and keeping Trezeguet till the end were pretty good choices. Tactics and Formation were just like last two games, nothing to complain about but to praise you, Bravo Ciro.
It is beyond me how you could consider anyone other than Chiellini to have been Juve's best defender today.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Ciro's 100% record 5 out of 5 since he took over makes me aim high and far this season. We have conceded 1 goal since he took over and scored 8goals I think.

Looking at this game, I was wondering how we will react to this game when 7 of our players featured for the Azzurri and others for their NT's, I think we were excellent:tup:.

1st half- we started well and forced Lazio defenders to work pretty hard, vice versa later on, they got pretty solid legs outside the penalty area. Was more like 50-50.

2nd half- Football wise we were better we used our chances they didn't and therefore we deserved to win.

Buffon 7.5

Caceres 6.5
Legro 6.5
Chiellini 6
Grosso 6

Melo 6.5
Marchisio 7.5 :star:
Camoranesi 5.5

Diego/Giovinco 6.5

Amauri 6
Trezeguet 5.5

Tiago NR
Molinaro NR

Ciro 7, Resting Cannavaro and keeping Trezeguet till the end were pretty good choices. Tactics and Formation were just like last two games, nothing to complain about but to praise you, Bravo Ciro.
Legro better than Chiellini. that's strange :shifty:

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Oh, and good job Ferrara.

First of all, attacking after the lead is surely Ferrara's touch. There's no doubt about that.

Replacing Camoranesi and switching Marchisio on the right was also an excellent choice. Actually, it was a match winning choice because Caceres wasn't going to be there and score the goal if Camo was playing.
Now, i don't know if he replaced Camo exactly because of this (in order to protect the right side more and allow Caceres to go forward) or he replaced him because Camo was both bad and exhausted, but it doesn't matter.
It was Ferrara who put Marchisio on the right and told Caceres to go forward instead of playing only in our half.
:tup:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Oh, i also forgot to say something in defense of Trezeguet.

Did you noticed guys that since the beggning of the game, Trezeguet was coming a lot to the dfeensive zone of juventus?. I mean at least he was caring about doing something. You know, the usual Trez would have been far upfront without caring what was hapening around him.

In this game, even when we were lost in the final minutes and without a goal... Trez was running a lot and at least trying to bother the lazio players. IM very sure he was aware of his suckiness and wanted to at least help the team on something, and behaviours like this are rated very high for me.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
I don't rate players in a match any higher or lower because of their age or their newness in a position. It's based on merit, and the merit wasn't there today on defense.
according to me there is a lot of talent in there. i saw some things that make me believe we may have found our next right back...

anyway, we'll see...

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #631
    And plus we were without Del Piero, Sissoko and we lost Diego at 0:0.

Adding the NT players that were being given a rest, we won the match without Diego, Del Piero, Sissoko, Cannavaro, Zebina and Iaquinta.

I think we just passed the squad depth test, don't you think? :)
    100%. The timing of this game and against such a team like Lazio proved that we indeed passed the squad depth test.

It is beyond me how you could consider anyone other than Chiellini to have been Juve's best defender today.
    It's the way he clears the ball that makes me give him a 6. Defensively he's better than anyone in our squad including Cannavaro + Legro combined but he should start to learn how to clear the ball instead of launching it to the corner or out whenever the balls gets near to him.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    It's the way he clears the ball that makes me give him a 6. Defensively he's better than anyone in our squad including Cannavaro + Legro combined but he should start to learn how to clear the ball instead of launching it to the corner or out whenever the balls gets near to him.
    That would explain it.

You'll never catch me criticising a defender for booting out of play.

You presumably were happy to see Legro trying that ridiculous back-heel and giving the ball away when just clearing the ball was a far better option?

HAZEM

L'architetto
    Apr 22, 2008
    That would explain it.

You presumably were happy to see Legro trying that ridiculous back-heel and giving the ball away when just clearing the ball was a far better option?
    am with Red. and Chiellini is an Old-school Defender every one should know that...

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Oh, i also forgot to say something in defense of Trezeguet.

Did you noticed guys that since the beggning of the game, Trezeguet was coming a lot to the dfeensive zone of juventus?. I mean at least he was caring about doing something. You know, the usual Trez would have been far upfront without caring what was hapening around him.

In this game, even when we were lost in the final minutes and without a goal... Trez was running a lot and at least trying to bother the lazio players. IM very sure he was aware of his suckiness and wanted to at least help the team on something, and behaviours like this are rated very high for me.
    If you look at the average player position, Trez was back a bit more ... in fact, on average, he played behind Giovinco. His dot comes without a number below:

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #637
    That would explain it.

If Chiellini wants to be one of the best he should be smart and learn how to control the ball. This is how you combine with your midfielders, having defenders capable of passing and keeping ball possession. I look at Vidic and Ferdinand, or Barca's CB's and it hurts to see that none of them is better than Chiellini defensively but they're miles ahead of him with the ball on their feet.

I think Legro didn't look ridiculous with the backheel pass, it was mainly Grosso and Marchisio's fault. Grosso looked like he's inviting Marchisio for the ball and vice versa.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Also worth noting, as much of a mess as our defense was, all the Lazio shots considered legit :gsol: (meaning: no fouls in the box) were well outside of the 6-yard box.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
    Guys I'm so happy I watch the game late, cos it clashed with real madrid, they showed first half delayed, while second half was playing i was so pissed switched off my phone, didn't want to know result...Im happy with everyone especially with Ferrara who made my day. I was so happy as well for trezeguet as everyone else...
    Marchisio ruled midfield, while Melo looked a bit tired with camo...

I didn't see how diego got injured, is it serious?!

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Also worth noting, as much of a mess as our defense was, all the Lazio shots considered legit :gsol: (meaning: no fouls in the box) were well outside of the 6-yard box.
    I didn't think the defence was a mess.

I thought the shape was pretty good and they did very well to restrict Lazio's chances, considering how often our midfield gave away possession and left them under pressure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)