[Serie A] Lazio 0-2 JUVENTUS (4th Dec 2015) (4 Viewers)

Nazio 0-2 Juve 04-Dec-2015 MoM

• Chiellini

• Sandro

• Dybala

• Mandzukic

• Marchisio

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jan 5, 2011
Great win but terible football we were playing.

Good : Asamoah comeback, defence, dybala, and mandzukic starting to work hard!

Bad : Sturaro! He is fantastic without the Ball, but his technical abilities is terible and not good enough for Juventus! Marchisio. He really isnt good enough to play regista! He has no vision and is not a player able to dictate our game! Lichsteiner was just terible going forward!
Sorry to disagree here. Marchisio does not need to have vision or dictate our game play. That is Pogba's role lol. We don't have a regista anymore, our formation in paper is 3-5-2 but actually 3 defense + 1 (Marchiso) -4-2. The role of Marchisio is receive ball form Bonucci and pass to the closet player right away. He is not allowed to hold a ball more than 1 second or else disaster will surely happen. Sometimes he tries to shoot but terribly.

Itztli

'Curious'
May 12, 2011
Sorry to disagree here. Marchisio does not need to have vision or dictate our game play. That is Pogba's role lol. We don't have a regista anymore, our formation in paper is 3-5-2 but actually 3 defense + 1 (Marchiso) -4-2. The role of Marchisio is receive ball form Bonucci and pass to the closet player right away. He is not allowed to hold a ball more than 1 second or else disaster will surely happen. Sometimes he tries to shoot but terribly.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
There is no shortage of odd (a lot of them incredibly poor) posts every season, but in a season when we aren't doing particularly well, they seem to triple in volume. I was dumbstruck the other day by people comparing Sturaro with Vidal, Davids, and Tardelli. And now seeing that "we should have sold Pogba" argument again, and it's based on a single game of Asamoah, where he put in a "6.5" performance, LOL. And it's hilarious seeing some going from "FIRE ALLEGRI, HOW THE HELL IS HE STILL EMPLOYED" in one week to THIS the following week.

Anyway, top-4 is certainly achievable by winter break. We still need to stop turning the ball over in midfield. That's been the only major issue in the last few games.

Dybala not only scored and "assisted" a goal, he also recovered 10 balls. That's pretty amazing. Making Tevez proud.

- - - Updated - - -

It was interesting seeing Alex Sandro play as CM for 11 minutes - the period between when Asamoah left and Cuadrado came on.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
There is no shortage of odd (a lot of them incredibly poor) posts every season, but in a season when we aren't doing particularly well, they seem to triple in volume. I was dumbstruck the other day by people comparing Sturaro with Vidal, Davids, and Tardelli. And now seeing that "we should have sold Pogba" argument again, and it's based on a single game of Asamoah, where he put in a "6.5" performance, LOL. And it's hilarious seeing some going from "FIRE ALLEGRI, HOW THE HELL IS HE STILL EMPLOYED" in one week to THIS the following week.

Anyway, top-4 is certainly achievable by winter break. We still need to stop turning the ball over in midfield. That's been the only major issue in the last few games.

Dybala not only scored and "assisted" a goal, he also recovered 10 balls. That's pretty amazing. Making Tevez proud.

- - - Updated - - -

It was interesting seeing Alex Sandro play as CM for 11 minutes - the period between when Asamoah left and Cuadrado came on.
for the record, my position with the whole selling pogba never based on our midfielders condition or level, it's more about the trade of for getting offensive players that can make difference like dybala and the world class amc we should get, simply put if by selling pogba for such stupid inflated hype money like 100 million euro can get us a neymar or suarez, that alone worth it, note that barca got neymar for what? less than 60 million?

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
for the record, my position with the whole selling pogba never based on our midfielders condition or level, it's more about the trade of for getting offensive players that can make difference like dybala and the world class amc we should get, simply put if by selling pogba for such stupid inflated hype money like 100 million euro can get us a neymar or suarez, that alone worth it, note that barca got neymar for what? less than 60 million?
...........Suarez 83m and Neymar 55+(unknown) roughly they estimated that Barca paid over all around 90m. You really enlight us with your knowledge!

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I didn't specifically mean you. I've seen the "we should have sold Pogba" argument before as well.

You aren't doing yourself any favors by saying we can attract and sign players like Neymar and Suarez. If other Neymars and Suarez's emerge, they'll sign for the top-3 (Barca, Real, Bayern) and the top-3 only just like their predecessors. That's where the best of the best go (and clubs like City, Chelsea, and United overpay for the scraps). We have no chance of attracting them, we can't afford to pay their wages, give them a real shot of winning the most prestigious cup competition (last year's final appearance was an anomaly), and we can't sign them. Those who think otherwise set themselves up for disappointment over and over again. This is real world, not FM.

- - - Updated - - -

On topic, Lazio were lacking in confidence, and the early goal pretty much killed the game. Fiorentina will be the real test.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
I didn't specifically mean you. I've seen the "we should have sold Pogba" argument before as well.

You aren't doing yourself any favors by saying we can attract and sign players like Neymar and Suarez. If other Neymars and Suarez's emerge, they'll sign for the top-3 (Barca, Real, Bayern) and the top-3 only just like their predecessors. That's where the best of the best go (and clubs like City, Chelsea, and United overpay for the scraps). We have no chance of attracting them, we can't afford to pay their wages, give them a real shot of winning the most prestigious cup competition (last year's final appearance was an anomaly), and we can't sign them. Those who think otherwise set themselves up for disappointment over and over again. This is real world, not FM.

- - - Updated - - -

On topic, Lazio were lacking in confidence, and the early goal pretty much killed the game. Fiorentina will be the real test.
and yet we got dybala, for example, and we could get de bruyne or isco and the likes...

my logic is, for someone worth 100 million euros, that someone must be the one that can CONSISTENTLY be a different maker, be a goal scorer, be a match winning player... and the word consistently must not mean 5 times in 20 matches... it need to be at least 15/20; now does anyone here believe pogba can contribute 30 goals in 40 matches? no? then invest on so that we would have a player or two that can contribute 30 goals in 40 matches? for me it's way better this way.

and for another record, if pogba only hyped to be 30-50 million euros player, I would not say what I said before, but 100 million? c'mon don't be that stupid.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
You're comparing Dybala with Neymar and Suarez now? :D

Dybala is good but not Neymar/Suarez good. Neymar and Suarez cost 80-100m and are 3rd and 4th best players in the world.

de Bruyne and Isco aren't the constant difference-maker type you described. The former is hardly setting anything on fire for City. The latter (my fave Spanish player btw) is inconsistent. And no, we couldn't have gotten Isco. Isco performed better than Bale (who was pretty average) last season, and he was never going to leave Madrid this past summer.

And we tried getting players like Isco, Gotze, Pastore and Oscar, but it was to no avail. Once again, you need make a distinction between reality and FM.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
While making alot of sense, I should inform that yoy are talking to the top3 most negative person of the forum, for your nerves sake : D

But good posts :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

And now seeing that "we should have sold Pogba" argument again, and it's based on a single game of Asamoah, where he put in a "6.5" performance, LOL.
Pogba has been pretty poor tho. Asamoah's return did add aggressive pressing in the center. Might not be bad to bench Pogba so he can rediscover his form and release some of that pressure. We need that quality Pogba back in the knockouts.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Pogba has been pretty poor tho. Asamoah's return did add aggressive pressing in the center. Might not be bad to bench Pogba so he can rediscover his form and release some of that pressure. We need that quality Pogba back in the knockouts.
Pogs clearly was our first/second best player before Lazio game. I love "big ghana dick" Asa, but he never benches Pogs from mancity game. He can bench Sturaro though, but he's left footed and might not do very well on the right side.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
You're comparing Dybala with Neymar and Suarez now? :D

Dybala is good but not Neymar/Suarez good. Neymar and Suarez cost 80-100m and are 3rd and 4th best players in the world.

de Bruyne and Isco aren't the constant difference-maker type you described. The former is hardly setting anything on fire for City. The latter (my fave Spanish player btw) is inconsistent. And no, we couldn't have gotten Isco. Isco performed better than Bale (who was pretty average) last season, and he was never going to leave Madrid this past summer.

And we tried getting players like Isco, Gotze, Pastore and Oscar, but it was to no avail. Once again, you need make a distinction between reality and FM.
De Breyne is setting things on fire for City. Their problem is that he is their only performing attacking player. Toure is dead, while aguero and Silva are injured. He has 4 Goals and 6 assists in 10 EPL matches. 4 goals in 3 matches in the Cup. and 1 goal in 3 matches in the CL. De Breyne is doing a lot better than Isco.

Dybala is having a great start too but ofcourse he is still very far from Neymar and Suarez. Each one of these is a whole attack by themselves.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Pogs clearly was our first/second best player before Lazio game. I love "big ghana dick" Asa, but he never benches Pogs from mancity game. He can bench Sturaro though, but he's left footed and might not do very well on the right side.
No, not really.

He was excellent in the man city game, and had flashes of brilliance before that. Thats it.

Buffon, the defence, marchisio, dybala, have all been far superior. Pogba can do so, so much better

rndmlgnd

Oct 29, 2015
People saying Pogba hasn't been one of our better performers this season... Watch his individual highlights and tell me he's not the main playmaker in the team?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)