[SERIE A] JUVENTUS vs Torino (10/25/08) (27 Viewers)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
we just went into our shell even with Ranieri making some very good attacking substitutions...just shows the mental state of the team really, they were feeling the heat and were desperate for the 3 points...Molinaro Nedved and Legro were amazing today, really happy for them...and what more to say about Amauri, simply amazing

Buy on AliExpress.com

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I just want to see him more
but you saw today that he is not our saviour ... he did defend, which was nice, but he did not create chances against a team like torino

the ones that wanted him against real should now see, that he would have been wasted there... he still needs to get into the team

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Poor match, not worth the shameful over the top celebrations at the end.

Manninger 6 Nervy
Grygera 5 Invisible
(Mellberg 5.5 Clumsy)
Legrottaglie 7 Authorative
Chiellini 6.5 Solid
Molinaro 6.5 Lively
Marchionni 5.5 Unadventurous
Sissoko 5.5 One-dimensional
Nedved 6 Combative
De Ceglie 5 Redundant
(Giovinco 6 Aggresive)
Del Piero 5.5 Fatigued
Amauri 6.5 Decisive
(Iaquinta -)

Apr 15, 2006
Molinaro had a good game today! all that criticism seems to be helping him improve!

but mellberg!!! he was really bad in this game! gifting Torino players the ball sometimes, not too eager to get to the ball first and clear it! we need better!

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Good match guys.. Let's just look at the positive sides only for once..

For the first time since the Udinese game we controlled the midfield. Wrong passes were down to the minimal. The lines were very close to each other.
The reason is no secret, Pavel Nedved. Tonight, Pavel was asked to play a central role, as a CM. This decision made us able to control the midfield pretty well. Nedved knows how to pass well plus he is creative. If we leave the flanks to De Cegli (giovinco) and Camo we'll play much better and today (plus the real madrid game) is a proof of that. I think Nedved should continue playing a central role to Zanetti returns from injury and is play on form.
Sissoko was a beast tonight and might have been my man of the match, but I feel that man of the match should go to either Pavel Nedved OR Nicola Legrotallie. The latter played one very impressive game.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
see how much better it is when we start the game attacking the other team and not sitting back? we controlled the tempo for most of the game, our defense keep a clean sheet, neddy did great in the middle despite many critics of that on here, amauri another goal, only question was marchionni but he remained consistent and worked hard. i like when we press our opposition but towards the end torino turned up the heat and we reacted well...manniger is playing brilliantly (thank god).

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Poor match, not worth the shameful over the top celebrations at the end.

Manninger 6 Nervy
Grygera 5 Invisible
(Mellberg 5.5 Clumsy)
Legrottaglie 7 Authorative
Chiellini 6.5 Solid
Molinaro 6.5 Lively
Marchionni 5.5 Unadventurous
Sissoko 5.5 One-dimensional
Nedved 6 Combative
De Ceglie 5 Redundant
(Giovinco 6 Aggresive)
Del Piero 5.5 Fatigued
Amauri 6.5 Decisive
(Iaquinta -)

Dominic 7 Concise...

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
but you saw today that he is not our saviour ... he did defend, which was nice, but he did not create chances against a team like torino

the ones that wanted him against real should now see, that he would have been wasted there... he still needs to get into the team
Its an obvious point but he needs longer than 26 mins, he needs consistent playing time, it's done wonders for legro an its even making moli look decent

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Our "casualties" forced CR's hand and he made some interesting choices,
regardless of the positive result, i saw some positive things.

We played without the use of 2 DMs for the first time and esp against such a physical derby, when their presence is demanded.
We hold up well however, Sissoko was once again omnipresent.efficient and Neddy's defensive skills work better in the center and we never felt that we lost smth defensively on the center without Poulsen.
On the contrary, our team was more complete and our attacking options widened, i saw many one twos and small quick passes,
combined with some small crosses from all sides.
We can rarely get to see smth like that.
Torino is a weak team, they lost the multidimensional front,
they couldnt apply any pressure on us, they were forced to pull back
and they couldnt threaten us systematically.
They were tactically owned and i was confident for our win from the start!
It came rather difficult but i am pleased!
I even anticipated the Giovinco for DC subs and the Iaq for Amauri.
Both wise choices and tactical corect. Also the form of the coming players confirmed they would do no better if they were starters!
CR chose DC for the start, because the non 2DMs formation was untested defensively and he kept DP because he can hold the ball more efficiently and waste time better!

By luck or necessity, CR did very well today and we are probably heading away from our crisis...
That probably mean that he will stay, hopefully not beyond this season though...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I don't care If we win 1-0. Keeping a clean sheet alongside 3points is all what matters to me.

We looked a bit tired today, specially in the first half. But in the 2nd half we played some good football although Torino gave their all trying to score.

Legro, Sissoko were outstanding, Amauri goal was brilliant.

Also credits to Pavel and Ale, the only ones able to kill the rhythm of the game and calm the ball down when needed. Experience plays such a big role!!!

I'm not satisfied with Marco at all.

Molinaro was pretty impressive today, specially in the 2nd half.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
This match was a lot harder than it needed to be. We really dominated in terms of useful possession. And not for lack of trying, we just couldn't put it away. So nervously, we watched and waited after Amauri's great solo effort to squeak one through on the run.

Manninger - 5.5 - Damn shaky at points and miscommunicated with his defensive line often in the first half. But pulled in the balls when we needed it.

Molinaro - 6 - One massive first-half defensive blunder where his header blooped up just enough to give Torino an open look at goal. But otherwise he played well defensively. He prevented Torino from making decent crosses. Couldn't make any of his own, but I'll take it from him.

Chiellini - 6 - His biggest mistakes were in his lack of coordination with Manninger. Still, I loved it when Ventola ran into Manninger as if bowling down pins on a play where Manninger held on. And then Chiellini just put his arm around Ventola and whispered in his ear as if telling him, "You touch my keeper again, and in the parking lot after the match I am gutting you like a salmon."

Legrottaglie - 7 - Monstrous game. A real contender for MOM. There is no way I could have ever imagined this level of play from this guy in Juve stripes a few years ago. Forza Nicola. I'll give him co-man of the match then.

Grygera - 5.5 - Ineffective in attack. Generally ineffective in defense. A good player to sub, regardless of injury. (He played like he started injured.)

De Ceglie - 5 - While he provided some ambitious running at LM, he really added nothing to possession nor threat. Definitely worth subbing.

Nedved - 6.5 - Great pace, leadership. His presence may have not been as direct on the outcome, but it was all over behind the scenes. Didn't look very tired given what he put in against Real Madrid a few days ago.

Sissoko - 6.5 - Another aggressive tackle got him in trouble. But he still covered the length of the pitch and ensured that everything Torino had to do offensively was going to require hard work to overcome him. Another candidate on my short list for MOM.

Marchionni - 6 - Perhaps his best match in Juve stripes in a long while. Which, given that he's probably been healthy for about three matches out of the past year, that might not be saying much. Faded a little in the second half and didn't contribute enough in attack, but it looked like Ranieri was coaching him to play more back on the right side. He did do a bit to keep possession and keep the pressure on Torino.

Del Piero - 5.5 - Not one of his more stellar matches, but decent. It seems one of his biggest roles today was to be a yellow card magnet -- he took quite a beating today. Nice, challenge free kick in the first half.

Amauri - 7 - I have to give him MOM (shared with Legro) for the individual effort of the game-winner alone. And while some of the Italian media thought he was one of the poorer players at halftime, I thought quite the opposite. He did a great job of distributing the ball as he was frequently double- and triple-teamed when moving forward. He also got few good looks at goal.

Subs:

Mellberg - 6 - Didn't add much in the usual fullback category of crosses and wing support, but he held his ground defensively for the most part.

Giovinco - 5.5 - Not a very impressive outing. Could not turn corners around his defenders. Could not contribute enough to possession. Perhaps the best thing he did all game was get a yellow card for holding on to a Torino jersey that was about to blow by him and create a dangerous play.

Iaquinta - NR - On too late and rather non-existent in play.

Coach:

Ranieri - 6 - We got the win and deserved to. The team looked better than Torino, clearly. While we didn't try to sit on our hands with the 1-0 lead, I sensed a lack of commitment to put the game out of reach -- particularly with how Marchionni seemed to be instructed to play. If Torino was putting up a better fight, that might not be so terrible an idea, but we mostly risked more of a freak mistake between the keeper and defensive line today -- so the second goal would have been a better option, IMO. OK subs, and he didn't have too much at his disposal.

In short, a win is a win. A derby win even better. But this maybe gets us back on the right track.

It's about damn time!

Forza Juve! :flag:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)