Serie A: Juventus vs Napoli [March 16 , 2008] (1 Viewer)

Who was M.O.M?

• Iaquinta

• Sissoko

• Del Piero

• Stendardo

• Tiago

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juve11

Mar 3, 2008
Hi all 3 points and a milan loss YESSSSSS!

I am only going to be a little bit negative as I LOVE Juve, however, it was a pretty poor game espically the first half (REALLY BAD).

We were missing players and none more than Camo.

To the tactics, Raneri, you a re a champ for what you have done but you got it wrong starting Nocinero on the right poor call. He is not a right sided player and was invisible for his time on the field. He lost balls and poor crossing. Should have played Palla out there.

Sissoko what a player he can become. he can become an A grade world class player and he had a great game a few little mistkes at the end maby he was tiered as he run so much. Good display of passing except a few too.

Tiago average first half good second hald and I think he can be a good back up player I think he is more a B class world player not an A like Juve need next term.

Hamsik - Unbelievable display from the kid and thanx for the sub Reja he dominated and his passing was silky skill. Im not bagging Tiago who did well but this kid was easily better of the two and has alot more class.

Sala was very poor didnt do anything.

Grygera was fantastic defensivly and his game did not get the credit it deserved Bravo.

Stendardo - LOL at Lazio. He was GREAT. Very good in the air good skills didnt turn it over and looked very safe. If he isint too much would love to keep him reminds me a bit of Nesta the way he plays.

Great determination by the players and a great win.

My ratings.

Buffon 6.5 - One OK save nothing else to note still the best

Salla 5 poor game didnt really do anything OK defesively

Stendardo 7.5 Solid as a rock and dangerous foward Welcome to TURIN and thanx

Chellini 7.5 What can I say, yes I am a fan but he is going to be the best in the world soon TOP CLASS, if he had gone SECCO would have followed, bad luck Roy

Grygera 7 Love this kid true Juve determination well done keep up the good form

Nocinero 5 Poor, turned it over, poor crosses, stupid tackles, he must know how Palla feels. Dont ruin him Raneri he is a good player in the middle let him sub on when we need another midfield destroyer

Sissoko 8 MOM Bravo. Brilliant tackles that should have led to goals

Tiago 6 Better but I cant see him being our number 1 midfielder in any europian comps. Suited to play in France, still i like him as a back up. Some nice shots nearly scored two nice shots and a couple of very handy passes.

Nedved 7 Ran like a Gazzelle all game was our only real creativity in the middle I love this guy he plays better then most of the league at his age. Will be a great to remember. Good game, BIG HEART.

DP 6.5 Not as good as everyone says, but still good. Poor free kicks atleast 4. Assist was a peice of magicc but more credit should go to Iaquinta. Still good game DP.

Trez 6 Was an angry man today tried very hard just wasnt his day. Provided a quality target all game.

Iaquinta 7 What a touch, what a goal BRAVO! Good energy when he came on, ran hard tackled, created. This guy will be world class next season, needs more time on the pitch his a star.

Molianro 5 Only a 5 cos he helped on the goal. How many times does Nedved need to play you into the best postion for a cross and you stuff it. 2 OK crosses out of 10 NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Can someone answer this question, how does a guy who cant pass, barely dribble, cant cross PLAY at the best club in the WORLD? Its like a riddle, simply not good enough SORRY, if LIPPI was there he would be the first out the door.

Raneri 6 Got it wrong today with Nocinero on the right made up some what for bringing in Iaquinta early. Had the guts to admit he got it wrong so BRAVO!!

Overall 3 points and empoli away MUST win with Inter the following week. FORZA Juve sorry if I was too negative I just love the club soo much and hate to see us suffer.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I didn't see him doing that yesterday. He only was facing defence when he was picking the balls from them to start the attack. Sometimes it was him and sometimes Sissoko which is exactly the way it should be. An attack has to be built that way.
If you watched previous matches he used to do it a lot & I was pleasantly surprised to see him going forward more often. That is what he should be doing while Sissoko wins the balls. Next step for Tiago is to go & collect the ball from the defence & from Sissoko & initiate something. Kind of try to take control of the midfield - than we shall see more clearcut openings from the strikers. Am liking what I saw & hope that Tiago gets the chance to grow into the team.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
DP 6.5 Not as good as everyone says, but still good. Poor free kicks atleast 4. Assist was a peice of magicc but more credit should go to Iaquinta. Still good game DP.
DP was good yesterday. I really appreciated how he held the ball between 2-3 defenders at all times & always going for the attack. It's a shame that he didn't have Camo to combine with otherwise his performance yesterday was good it only lacked support.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
DP's assist & Iaquinta's 1st touch for the goal........ OH MY WORD

Sissoko is performing like crazy. His energy is just mad. I cant imagine what I'd do if I was a midfileder and heard his footsteps thudding toward me. I was highly sceptical about him joining but I'm happy to be wrong (so far). I guess Ranieri deserves credit for being eager to bring him on board and getting his way. Now just for the passing and he can be some way toward emulating Vieira as he said he wants to do

I honestly feel that Chiellni has been one of if not the best and most consistent peforming Italian CBs this season. Hell with Barza and Matrix. This kid should be next to Canna at the Euro

Jun 13, 2007
Excellent second half for us against Napoli , completely dominated the flow of play .

Positives :
- It's about time Ranieri comes to his senses and plays Standardo . He's a very good backup for Legro and he will do for this season .

- Sissoko is simply unbelievable . Only 23 years old and he is one of the most dominant midfielders in Serie A . Those perfectly timed tackles out of nowhere were amazing . His passing has improved as well . I hope continues in this form .

- I was impressed by Tiago . He had some decent passes and some good shots . Slowly but surely , I think he will live up to what is expected of him .

- Iaquinta represents the very foundation of Juve . This guy is relentless and he plays with such grit and determination , another player that has proved so many of us wrong by turning out to be our best transfer so far this season .

I think Ranieri should focus on playing a trident attack . I beileve it's perfect for the squad we have . From the second Juve were playing three forward , Napoli was being torn apart and keep in mind that this Napoli is the only team that has managed to defeat Inter thus far this season .

Ranieri made very good subs and at an excellent timing . He's improving as a coach and that's good to see .

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Like I said last night, I enjoyed watching the way we played last night....Napoli tightened up in their end, so it was tough for us to break through the final third of the field.

I guess the siege mentality works for Italians, after all the calls for RUINeri's head in the media, and from us.....we attacked, and attacked, and attacked, with a good short passing game, and avoided the long ball that RUINeri loves so much. The formation worked well also, so hopefully the 4-4-2 gets shelved

my ratings-

Buffon - 6 - wasnt tested much, only made one questionable save

Salihamidzic - 5.5 - Lots of running and hustle, but no skill to go along with it

Stendardo - 6.5 - A perfect game from him- no mistakes. An extra half point for the headband as well :p If he can play every game like this, we will see Legro on the bench once again

Chiellini - 7 - No doubt our best defender....he did his part in shutting Napoli down, and he should be considered as a starter at CB for the Azzurri, in place of Matrix

Grygera - 6 - He didnt make many runs, but was solid in the back

Nocerino - 5.5 - This guy should never play on the right side again...added NOTHING !!!

Tiago - 6.5 - For the first 60 minutes, his passes were almost flawless....he provided the ball with ease. He may have gotten tired late on, as his passes werent as accurate. He wont beat too many guys with the ball at his feet, but I liked his passes

Sissoko - 7.5 - My MOM....he was all over the damn place with muscle and hustle. For the first 60 minutes, his passes, like Tiago's were decent....then he had a few bad turnovers, but all in all, a great game !!

Nedved - 6.5 - He made his presence know on the offense....his best position is right behind the strikers. He tried a few shots from just outside the box, but Napoli was smart enough to block them.....otherwise they were probably goals !!

Del Piero - 6.5 - Not his day for free-kicks, but added to the attack, and had the assist

Trezeguet - 5.5 - Can I quote Greg -" Got a few touches, but they were poor all around. Awful misses. A bad, unnecessary card early on. Didn't take a shot when he should have been selfish in the second half with the offense running. Bad day."

Subs:

Iaquinta - 7 - Full of energy and hustle, I swore when he got on the field, that he would be the one to score (if anyone), his goal celebration was awesome !!

Molinaro - 5.8 - gave us the assist, had one good cross, but really adds nothing defensively

Coach:

Ranieri - 6 - We had difficulty putting the ball into the net, and should have brought on Iaquinta earlier....and anyone could see that Nocerino offered nothing out there, and should have been yanked at halftime. I will give him some credit for playing a more offensive system, and tossing the 4-4-2 into the garbage (for this game)

Best sight of the day- seeing Gigi run over to Belardi to celebrate Iaquinta's goal :touched:

The Old Hag

Legendary coach
Dec 7, 2007
I was a bit nervous throughout the whole game, especially with time running out and Juve still scoreless but I jumped off the chair with that classy Iaquinta's goal! What a great move by him to score the winner after DP's assist! In the dying moments of the game: epic stuff!

Great victory for us! We badly needed this!

Kudos to Sissoko and Tiago too.

:scudetto:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)