[Serie A] Juventus vs. Messina (1 Viewer)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
BTW, true he missed a great chance to pass to Alex, but before Seven starts asking for his head, at the start of the match Alex missed to cross for an open Zlatan choosing instead to shoot directly at goal, and Capello was openly frustrated.
That's really petty, Zlatan.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

That's really petty, Zlatan.

Why? All I'm saying is that it can happen to anyone, and true it happens to Zlatan more than others, but he makes his fair share of assists as well.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Zlatan cant play with DP. If you're going to play DP and rest Trez than play him with Zalayeta. Zlatan was piss poor last night, but IMO he started improving when Trez came in and he could play his natural position, instead of tryint to play like Trez. He was too static in the first half and once DP was subbed out he started showing signs of his true self, with that cross to Camo and the heel pass to Chiellini. He cant play with Del Piero, and I've said this time and time again.
Ageed,like I mentioned earlier, Zlatan needs understranding players around him,he can't play it with Alex. Camoranesi and Trezeguet are one of those that understands him perfectly.anyway,I still think he should try it harder and he could run to get the ball and be in good position.

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by TonyMontana ] ++

We have won 9 out of 9 matches with Zlatan getting allot of playing time, i doubt cap would bench Zlatan while we are winning, i think he has a little more sense then that. I agree though that Zlatan has to improve his finishing.
Correct me if I'm wrong... does it mean that we won 9 out of 9 bcuz of Zlatan's "No Matter How He Is Performing" presence on the field???

Dec 26, 2004
Zlatan cant play with DP. If you're going to play DP and rest Trez than play him with Zalayeta. Zlatan was piss poor last night, but IMO he started improving when Trez came in and he could play his natural position, instead of tryint to play like Trez. He was too static in the first half and once DP was subbed out he started showing signs of his true self, with that cross to Camo and the heel pass to Chiellini. He cant play with Del Piero, and I've said this time and time again.

BTW, true he missed a great chance to pass to Alex, but before Seven starts asking for his head, at the start of the match Alex missed to cross for an open Zlatan choosing instead to shoot directly at goal, and Capello was openly frustrated.
So ya r suggesting to keep an in form DP on the bench bcuz Zlatan cann't play with him???

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by TonyMontana ] ++

Poor, he stumbled twice in the penalty area and made some bad passes , but the goal was very nice and it gave us the 3 points we needed so no complaints from me.
Actually he made only one bad pass in the first half and 2 in the 2nd half.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Its all about playing time. Zlatan and Del Piero started to connect with each other by the end of last season. The more Zlatan and Del Pieor play with each other the more they will understand each other better.
Zlatan is deeply frustrated. He is eagerly looking for a goal. It is frustrating for him that a player who did not play half of the time he did scored 3 goals while he did not score any.
On the contorary Zlatan scored a goal in his first minutes last season, he is having trouble replicating that this season.
I really hope Zlatan scores, because if he gets past this thing, he is one hell of a player.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Pretty much everything has already been said here....

I think that DP's goal was the best I've seen from him in a long time...pure brilliance !!!!

Our guys have a tendency of just doing enough to get the win...I really wanted to see our guys go for the throat, and get a second goal.

Towards the end of the match, Messina almost had one chance to even the score (they had 2 real chances all night)..it would have been real shitty, because I thought we controlled the entire game

I heard the commentator say that Zlatan hasnt scored a Serie A goal yet this season..I dont know if thats true (cant remember), but he better get his head straightened out real soon.....

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++

Correct me if I'm wrong... does it mean that we won 9 out of 9 bcuz of Zlatan's "No Matter How He Is Performing" presence on the field???

Of course not,what im saying is that you dont bench a key player like Zlatan when the team is winning and he is playing good but not his best.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Our succes isnt one man's fault,
we have more than 11key players,
as i said from the very beginning Zlatan is more of a supporting striker than a finisher,if we need to score we need a finisher aside him,Trezequet fits perfectly he is all what Zlatan isnt and lacks all that Zlatan has.
But DP he is a magnifisent tool,
mostly supporting striker, but he has good enough finishing skills too,he is more complete as a player,
(DP may handle every position upfront)
he only lacks the power to be the target man,
Zlatan has this power,Cap did right to play them as he did,
its not DP's fault Zlatan cant elaborate with this position

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Fact is that DP is right now our best scoring forward, but as we all know, scoring is not everything for a forward. Even though DP is currently scoring a lot, technically and tactically the Zlatan-Trez duo is better to play together.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Our guys have a tendency of just doing enough to get the win...I really wanted to see our guys go for the throat, and get a second goal.
It was almost criminal that we left them in the game for so long.

I heard the commentator say that Zlatan hasnt scored a Serie A goal yet this season..I dont know if thats true (cant remember), but he better get his head straightened out real soon.....
Per Z's master spreadsheet, and this is gospel of course ;) :
http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=4407&postid=851278#post851278

1 goal in the CL. No Serie A goals yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)