[Serie A] Juventus vs. Messina (101 Viewers)

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Capello opts for Europe
Wednesday 12 October, 2005

Juventus boss Fabio Capello has admitted that he’d rather win the Champions League than the Scudetto this term.

Having netted the Italian title at his first attempt last season, the tactician now wants to return to winning ways in Europe.

"Like most fans, I’m saying the Champions League," Capello told Radio Repubblica on Wednesday afternoon.

"It is almost like trying to choose between a good vanilla ice cream and a good chocolate ice cream, but I would personally prefer the European Cup."

However, the Bianconeri have made a marvellous start to the defence of their Scudetto crown with six wins out of six.

"Perhaps people will talk about this present Juventus side in a few years even if there is great competition this season," he added.

"Looking at the statistics though, the best team that I have bossed is the Milan side which broke all those records."

Nevertheless, the Old Lady are certainly a force this year thanks to their star-studded squad.

"We have Zlatan Ibrahimovic who has matured," added the boss. "He is a young player with great quality, but can still improve.

"Our midfield now contains Patrick Vieira, one of the best players in the world.

"We have Christian Abbiati in goal while we wait for Gigi Buffon. Abbiati is someone we can count on and a player who could return to the international fold."

Capello was also quick to praise his centre-back pairing of Fabio Cannavaro and Lilian Thuram.

"They do have a certain age now but you only have to think about the Milan pair of Paolo Maldini and Billy Costacurta. We just need to hope that we don’t suffer any injuries."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by edpiero ] ++
Capello opts for Europe
Wednesday 12 October, 2005

Juventus boss Fabio Capello has admitted that he’d rather win the Champions League than the Scudetto this term.

Having netted the Italian title at his first attempt last season, the tactician now wants to return to winning ways in Europe.

"Like most fans, I’m saying the Champions League," Capello told Radio Repubblica on Wednesday afternoon.

"It is almost like trying to choose between a good vanilla ice cream and a good chocolate ice cream, but I would personally prefer the European Cup."

However, the Bianconeri have made a marvellous start to the defence of their Scudetto crown with six wins out of six.

"Perhaps people will talk about this present Juventus side in a few years even if there is great competition this season," he added.

"Looking at the statistics though, the best team that I have bossed is the Milan side which broke all those records."

Nevertheless, the Old Lady are certainly a force this year thanks to their star-studded squad.

"We have Zlatan Ibrahimovic who has matured," added the boss. "He is a young player with great quality, but can still improve.

"Our midfield now contains Patrick Vieira, one of the best players in the world.

"We have Christian Abbiati in goal while we wait for Gigi Buffon. Abbiati is someone we can count on and a player who could return to the international fold."

Capello was also quick to praise his centre-back pairing of Fabio Cannavaro and Lilian Thuram.

"They do have a certain age now but you only have to think about the Milan pair of Paolo Maldini and Billy Costacurta. We just need to hope that we don’t suffer any injuries."
I would take Choklate :lick:

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++
I fear that if Milan is knocked out early in the CL they will win the scudetto without much effort
I disagree. Juventus not only have a good starting 11 but also an ample squad. Players like Mutu, Chiellini, etc. etc. will in that case still be good enough to win should Milan get knocked out early.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Gazzetta are saying that Thuram, Blasi, Ibrahimovic and Trezeguet might be rested ahead of the CL clash with Bayern. Kovac, Zebina, Del Piero and Zalayeta would step in.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well this will be a very interesting game after the internationals for a week, and i get to seee it , wohoooo.

Its interesting becuz i think all the juve forwards playeed great games in the week.
Zlatan:didnt play that much in the first game but in the 2nd had a goal and an assist.

Alex:didnt play the first one but MOM in the 2nd with a very great performance to help the azzuri win.

Zala:i dont know about the first game but report say that he played a pretty good game against the mighty argentina.

mutu: dont know much abt him but i think he scored in both games.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
good to see all the injuries clear up, lets hope we keep it that way for a good while now, hope zebina manages to finish a game now.

lets see how milan get on without nesta

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 101)